“Great food”
Review of Virgil's Real BBQ

Virgil's Real BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Naples, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Great food and service. Meredith was outstanding serving us at the bar. We felt like we were family by the time we were done eating with her twice as our server

Visited December 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Terrible food, worse service”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We ordered the rib tips, which were tough and dry. The staff were plentiful, but somehow none of them made eye contact when we needed to order, add or get our check. Very disappointing. We decided not to hang around to watch the game, because the sound was muted in favor on music.

• Visited November 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
“Terrible”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We ordered the onion rings, the half order of brisket and the half order of cat fish. I did not try the brisket, but my husband and step daughter said they had no flavor all. I tasted the BBQ sauce, and I thought it had a funky taste. The onion rings really didn't have much flavor either. The coating barely even stuck to the onion. I don't know how you can mess up onion rings, but they did. The cat fish was lightly breaded and had an odd seasoning that tasted somewhat like dirt. We were extremely disappointed w/ Virgil's. We didn't even take the leftovers home. That's how horrible the food was. I don't understand how anyone could think this food is delicious. We paid $96 for a meal that we all thought was terrible. The only positive things I can say are that it was a very pretty place, and the waiter was very friendly. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited November 2013
Erwin, Tn
“Great food. Great service.”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Nothing I didn't like. I really like the variety of BBQ they offer. I like the family style. If you leave here hungry it is your own fault. Ask for Travis, he is a great server with a great personality.

Visited November 2013
Bethel, Connecticut
“Good value for families”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

After a quick glance at the menu, one might think this place is expensive but, by Atlantis standards it is truly a good value. True, most entrees cost $50 but portions are family style and one entree serves three or four people.For our party of five adults we ordered two entrees and a side and left quite stuffed. We enjoyed both the fried chicken and the bbq pulled pork. One thing I would like to mention is that the desserts are also served in generous portions and are actually large enough to share...my slice of cheesecake was bigger than the Cheesecake Factory serves back home and, unfortunately I left most of it on the plate. The place was hopping the night we visited and we found the service quick and attentive...much different than the island time that most servers in the Bahamas seem to work on. We ate at many different eateries during our week long stay at Atlantis but this one was the only one that everyone in our party enjoyed.

• Visited August 2013