We were in a one-bedroom in Building 7 with a view of the marina (unit 3710). We wished we had a balcony, but instead only had a big window. Wished that the view was from the living room instead of the bedroom, because any time spent in the living room was kind of dark.
One of us used the bedroom, the other slept on the pull-out couch (we switched in the middle of the week). Based on another poster's advice, I called down to request an extra mattress for the pull-out and we found that it was reasonably comfortable (although kind of annoying to have to prop it up in the middle of the unit all day so we could use the couch).
Can I share with you one of my pet peeves? Paying for wireless. It just bugs me when hotels charge for this. Plus, the Atlantis advertises that there is free wireless at the pools and in the hotel lobbies. Not true at Harborside - no wireless at the pool and the only internet in the hotel lobby were two terminals. Big thumbs down on this.
The pool was nice - fairly quiet with a separate area for kids.
Staff were friendly and responsive.
We frequently used the shuttle service to the other Atlantis properties and found the wait to generally be reasonable (waited a little long for the return shuttle on occasion).
We walked into Marina Village for shopping and dinner on two nights. We were disappointed that half of the restaurants were closed there on the two nights we walked over. (We're an "eat at the bar" rather than reservations weeks in advance kind of people).
My friend did the dolphin experience and found it underwhelming.
We ate at Olives twice at the bar and enjoyed it. We also ate at the buffet restaurant (forget the name of it) and it was "meh." We at Carmines (again, at the bar) and although the food was good, it's really not a great choice unless you're at least a party of 4 - the portions are ginormous, and even with a fridge to bring the leftovers home, it's a waste. We also ate at the point and found that food to be decent, but the service a little lacking (really the only negative service experience at Harborside).
The concierge was helpful and helped us arrange a powerboat excursion, which we thoroughly enjoyed.
The net-net - it's not high luxury, but it was decent for the price and we liked being away from the main resort. Thumb's up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the natural wonders of warm Caribbean breezes, blue crystalline waters and sparkling white-sand beaches, Harborside Resort offers Atlantis guests a vacation filled with beauty, relaxation and excitement. Situated just across the marina from Atlantis, you have access to a wealth of private amenities combined with the home-away-from-home extras that only a spacious, private villa can offer. The Harborside Resort is just steps from a harbor front restaurant and pool area, a children's pool with fountains, a fitness facility and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Evoline ltd, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlantis - Harborside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Paradise Island
- Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Atlantis
- Harborside Resort At Atlantis
- Atlantis - Harborside Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island