My family went to Atlantis for spring break in late March/early April. I was very excited to go to the Atlantis resort and enjoy the activities and water park. The harbor side resort was very nice, as it was sort of isolated from the hype of the main towers. However, the short 5 minute walk to the royal towers was refreshing and was never anything to complain about.
I loved aquaventure, especially the slides. I probably went on "the abyss" over 25 times throughout the week. The lazy river as well was very fun and relaxing. However, by the end of the week, the water park was getting a little repetitive. Not to say that that is a bad thing, it's just that I felt like I'd done everything there within the first two-three days.
I definitely enjoyed the restaurants, particularly Nobu and Mesa Grille. However, during the day I would often eat lunch at Shark Bites. The service was very slow, as I sometimes had to wait 25 minutes for a $12 cheeseburger that didn't even taste that good. Also, it was so hard to just get water around the resort. The lines are always so long that I ended up buying a plastic bottle and filling it up in the fitness center because drinking water was so hard to obtain.
Since I was there during a busy time (spring break), aqua venture was open longer, so I usually stayed there until 6:00 or so. However, I realized that after I got home, showered, and went out to dinner, there was really not that much to do. I went with my family and siblings, who are relatively close to my age. However, I definitely wanted to meet some more teenagers who are around my age. I went to Club Crush one night, but there was only 9 people there. There wet NINE people in this "cool" club at 10:45 when I went. I was expecting the place to be popping because of the time of year, but I was sadly disappointed. I just sat there and watched TV for half an hour. The employees there were either old or lazy. They just sat around and looked bored. It would've been cool if they would organize games and get people up and moving, interacting with other teens, as it is very hard to just walk up to complete strangers and start talking. I've been on cruise ships before, and they always have teen activities, like dodgeball or other games that make it easy to interact with others. However, if you weren't at club crush, there were no other social places for teenagers, which was kind of annoying. I would find myself walking around the report, hoping to find some teenagers my age who I could interact with. However, I felt like the whole resort dies around 10:30 at night, which was very shocking considering the time of year.
As a teen, it was a fun trip. I couldn't really complain about too much, considering I didn't have to pay for anything. The beaches and pools were very relaxing, and I enjoyed the time away from school. However, the resort brags about all the activities it has, and how they will always keep you busy. At night, there was not much for me to do, but I might be different depending on who you go with. Maybe I would have had a better experience at club crush on a different night, but the cover fee of $25 is annoying. Overall, harbor side was fun and relaxing, just what I needed to recharge my batteries after a long stretch of school work. The weather was fantastic and I will definitely miss the crystal blue waters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the natural wonders of warm Caribbean breezes, blue crystalline waters and sparkling white-sand beaches, Harborside Resort offers Atlantis guests a vacation filled with beauty, relaxation and excitement. Situated just across the marina from Atlantis, you have access to a wealth of private amenities combined with the home-away-from-home extras that only a spacious, private villa can offer. The Harborside Resort is just steps from a harbor front restaurant and pool area, a children's pool with fountains, a fitness facility and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelbag, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Atlantis - Harborside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Paradise Island
- Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Atlantis
- Harborside Resort At Atlantis
- Atlantis - Harborside Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island