After reading some of the reviews, I quite frankly expected more. The resort is very accomodating yet it lacked some basic services. For a resort of this calibre -- even being a condo-type timeshare -- I would expect to be offered bell service when we checked in but we were not. I would expect to have daily complimentary coffee packets or dish soap in the unit if there is a coffeemaker and a dishwasher, but there was neither. I would expect to have pool wait service, but there was not. I would expect the bar could make a mojito ("We have no mint").
Okay, okay, maybe this is too much to ask, but oops, wait, we're in the Bahamas, right? No mojitos? But I would expect to at least have salt and pepper in the salt and pepper shakers!!!
They offered to have us listen to a timeshare spiel, but without any incentive! I would have almost opted to get some salt and pepper in exchange for a sales pitch. Make sure you inventory the unit, find out what's included, and then make your list for the grocery store trip...
Okay, maybe I'm being too harsh. Atlantis in itself was beautiful. The slides and pools and marine habitats are fantastic and unparalleled to any thing we have seen. The beaches were clean and -- in early September -- uncrowded. Every family should treat their children to this. True, newlyweds -- or any couples-- could find romance and relaxation here, but this is definitely a family-type treat.
All the service people at both Atlantis and Harborside were wonderful. We found the towel hut workers and shuttle drivers especially very helpful and friendly. We had great dinners at Bimini Road (a casual grill-type cafe) and Nobu (Japanese/sushi) and all the pool side cafes. Yes, they are pricey, but as long as you don't overdo with cocktails, you can stay on the reasonable side (less than $80). We weren't too impressed with Seafire Steakhouse. We had a better value for steak and prime rib between a sub roll at Quizno's across the street.
We were there at hurricane season, in fact, tropical storm Hanna was looming off to the east. The staff takes this very seriously, and very methodically they prepare for any kind of event, an act which made us both feel more at ease.
All in all it was a great week and we will be most assuredly going to return sometime soon. Next time we will know to buy or pack coffee, dish soap, mint and salt and pepper!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the natural wonders of warm Caribbean breezes, blue crystalline waters and sparkling white-sand beaches, Harborside Resort offers Atlantis guests a vacation filled with beauty, relaxation and excitement. Situated just across the marina from Atlantis, you have access to a wealth of private amenities combined with the home-away-from-home extras that only a spacious, private villa can offer. The Harborside Resort is just steps from a harbor front restaurant and pool area, a children's pool with fountains, a fitness facility and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantis - Harborside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Paradise Island
- Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Atlantis
- Harborside Resort At Atlantis
- Atlantis - Harborside Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island