“Family of 8 in 2 bedroom lockout-- just great”

Atlantis - Harborside Resort
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had a terrific time, clean well appointed rooms and took the advice of others on packing key food and sundry items.. Everything worked out just great! If we go again, I think we would take a taxi to super value instead of the bus to Solomon's, but it was all great!

Room Tip: Pack pre-cooked bacon, laundry pods, coffee, snacks etc.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kimberlyl111
There are newer reviews for Atlantis - Harborside Resort

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Just came back from 5 days/4 nights (May 19-23) at Harborside Resort Atlantis. Had a great time. Followed recommendations from the web to prepare for the trip. Took less clothes than normal & did a wash mid trip since we had a washer & dryer. Used the extra room in the suitcase to pack coffee, filters, English muffins, condiments, snacks, lemonade packets and any other non perishables we could think of. This along with using Foodstore2go.com saved a lot of money. We ate all breakfasts & some lunches in . Check in was easy. We arrived after 5pm on a Monday in May so it wasn't busy. Everyone on the Harborside and Atlantis staffs were always friendly & helpful. All we had to do was look lost and someone would ask if we needed help. Didn't meet an unfriendly/not helpful person the entire time. We got a unit in building 1 which I had requested. I heard phase I buildings had been renovated in the past few years. Got a unit that had just been painted, new furniture, bedding and kitchen appliances. The only minor issue was the grout in the bathroom and jets in tub needed to be steam cleaned. I have a house in Florida and this is the only way to keep mildew away. Aside from that, everything was great. Plenty of room for 3 adults. The new sofa bed was as comfortable as any I have slept on, but if you have more than 2 adults and don't like sofabeds, would book a 2 bedroom. For me it was fine. There were 2 new LG TVs with Bose speakers. I had plenty of drawers for my stuff in the TV cabinet & closet space in the washer/dryer closet. Kitchen was fully equipped and had place setting for 4 with utensils. There were paper towels, dish wash soap. We had a deluxe unit with a small balcony (only corner units or premium have a balcony you can sit on). We didn't care since we weren't in the room that much. The bedroom was right on the marina. The living room was facing the road tunnel. There was traffic early in the morning & in the evening. I didn't notice except when the TV was off. I wear ear plugs at night, and slept soundly. However, if someone who is sensitive to noise will sleep in the living room, would ask for a unit not on the road. Building 1 is right across from the lobby building where the shuttle leaves from and is a short walk to the pool. It was a great location & I would ask for it again. Atlantis is a large sprawling resort. You will walk a lot. Never waited more than 5 minutes for a shuttle from Harborside. They had shuttles that went to all the towers. Ride is free except to tip the driver. The last day, out flight did not leave until 5:30pm. We got an Atlantis wristband before we checked out. The bellman will hold your luggage all day. I enjoyed the beach and pools. There is a transit lounge with shower, lockers and dryer to dry your bathing suit. You can also use if you arrive early before checkin. We had a nice lunch at the Point at Hatborside before leaving. Great trip and great resort. Would do again

Room Tip: Building 1 is a short walk to lobby and the pool. Ask for room away from the road tunnel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Debra D
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have had a timeshare here for over a decade. Maintenance fees keep climbing but its still worth. So much to see and do. The staff is excellent. The resaurants are good. Unless youhave 6 to 8 in the group the portions are outrageous at Carmine's and virgils BBQ. Thevwaiters say. Oh you have a refrigstor, you are oneofthe luckily one. Oneentree can easily feedv3-4 people.

The pools and water rides are great from 8 months to 88 . Great place for extended family trips. Something for all including gambling and fine restaurants too

Room Tip: Harbor side is great for families room to strethout with privacy band for those rainy bahamian days...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ronald R
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This location on the Atlantis property is the perfect combination of plenty of things to do yet relaxing which you don't really get with the Atlantis Hotels.
We walked the marina dock every night (not sure if we were supposed to or not) as well as utilized most of the pools on property. It was great to have such variety available as well as all the lagoons that make Atlantis such a special place.
We had traded in as Starwood owners, which I understand isn't easy to do but we go to lucky. We had our taxi driver stop at the grocery store on the way in to stock up the unit and also packed as many things as we could in our suitcases (bread (thin buns), snacks, spices, etc...) to avoid some of the high prices on the island.
I don't know that i would return to Atlantis but highly recommend it as a trip everyone should make!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Checje04
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We are owners, and have had many happy vacations here. One particular vacation stands out in my mind. My husband was having a wonderful time, but he had complained of a back ache. One morning he was sitting in a chair, uncomfortable because his back was bothering him. I asked him a question, and receiving no answer I turned around, and he was unconscious. I was unable to get any response from him, so I pulled him to the floor. I grabbed the phone, dial "O", and was unable to get an answer. I ran back to my husband and started CPR, the phone rang. The office had received the call, but I had hung up. The front desk called the room to inquire if I had needed something. I THANK GOD they were so conscientious. I yelled I need emergency medical assistance. I threw the security latch on the door to hold it open, and returned to my husband. He was groaning, and within a minute there were 3 staff members running into our room. An paramedic, a supervisor, and one other person. The paramedic took over. The ambulance arrived with 5 minutes, and we were brought to Doctors Hospital. I will not bore you with all the medical details but thankfully my husband made a complete recovery in part because of the immediate, competent response of the staff at Harborside. My husband spent 5 days in the hospital, released the day we were to leave the island. The Harborside staff let me know if for any reason we would need the stay longer, I would have my room, and they would help me with notification to the airlines so I would not be penalized, and could get a flight out when my husband was approved for flying. This has been one of our favorite destinations, and will always remain so. If for any reason you do need medical care while there use Doctors Hospital, it is the private pay hospital. the care was excellent, the staff well trained, and even though it looked different from a Boston hospital, it provided excellent care.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dancingdalias
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We reserved a standard 1 bedroom room through Shoshana Silkes. We made two payments, the first one we sent not knowing there would be a $30 paypal fee. The second payment we sent via physical check to an address in New York. We got our reservation number and were able to check in fine.
We booked a cab ahead of time and they were waiting for us at the airport with a sign. We needed a car seat and they brought one. They also brought us back to the airport at the end of our stay and confirmed the time they were coming and came on time. It was called Sandra’s taxi. They were very friendly and even stopped at the grocery store and let us grab grocery’s at the Super Value in Nassau for a small fee…I believe $10 for them to sit and wait. Which was worth it – I’m sure you’ve read all the reviews about the cost of food at the resort…all true. Even at the grocery store a half gallon of ice cream goes for $8-$10. Bananas, .99 cents a lb. Tropicana OJ, $6…you get the picture. But at the resort a side French fry is $4.50, bottle of Gatorade $4, plus the 15% service charge they put on everything.
At check in I asked for a room that you could see the pool or harbor…we had to wait a few minutes, but we got a room that you could see both. The corner of building 5. Room 2769. The door opened up to the elevators, but there really was no noise associated with it. Overall Harborside was very quiet compared to the other hotels. The most noise we heard were from the party boats that went by at night and the club across the water on Friday night. At check in they told us there were free drinks at the reception hall across from the lobby a couple nights. They were trying to sell time shares. They did contact us several times after to see if we wanted to take the 90 minute tour to receive $100 credit…not worth our time. Maybe if they said free meals for the week –HA!
Some people said they did not receive welcome packets in their rooms. Maybe I’m not sure what those are…but our room was stocked with the usual hotel amenities and more. Shampoo, lotion, soaps, tissue, TP, and plenty of towels in the bathroom. In the kitchen there was coffee, tea, dish soap, dishwasher soap, wash cloths, paper towels, and even a laundry detergent single use packet to use in the private washer/dryer. There was an ice bucket, but we were never able to find an ice machine. The freezer had an ice maker which we mistakenly turned on the first night…it was really loud all night and kept the kids up…turned it off after that. A note in the hall said all appliances are being updated by September 2014. IMO the appliances were not that bad. The beds were not that comfortable… especially the pull out couch. But the kids didn’t seem to mind. The only issue was the fridge was not balanced and wobbled back and forth…so I stuck something under the leg and it was fixed. The room was convenient. It had everything we would need at home. Plus a nice view from the porch! There were two flat screen tv’s. The one in the bedroom had a dvd/vhs player. There was a safe to put our valuables. The kitchen had a stove top, sink, fridge, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, and everything you would need to cook a meal and eat. It had pots, pans, bowls, plates, and utensils. There was even a container for if you bring country time lemonade and make it there.
For food our goal was to bring a suitcase from home and go grocery shopping and not go out to eat. For the most part we did this. We walked by Virgil’s BBQ restaurant a few times and it smelled so good we had to go. A couple of kids meals, a shared half size family style pulled pork and plate of veggies later and we walked out paying over $100. (no we didn’t drink that night– got a mixed drink by the pool for $12.50 though). We had cereal and bagels and fruit that we bought from the store for breakfast and ate on the porch looking over the harbor. We brought a cooler bag and filled it with snack sized bags of chips, sandwiches, fruit, etc to bring to the pool. We bought several gallons of water from the grocery store and filled water bottles. I would get at least a gallon per person. It’s hot and you’re running around at the water park and get thirsty. Plus we had juice boxes and other drinks. For dinners we brought pasta, Velveeta, soups, minute rice, and bought frozen meals from the store, etc.
The resort itself was wonderful. Most of the time the shuttle between hotels was sitting there waiting for people. There were a few times when we had to wait 10-15 minutes. You could walk through Marina village, but with the two little kids and a stroller it was a hike. It was cool to see all the private yachts though. Get your wrist bands at the Harborside towel hut, no lines there. There were so many pools and waterslides that my 2yr old and 5yr old could use. Plus the splashers play area was a hit. I thought we’d be stuck in the “kid” section of the park, but there was so much more they could do. It was convenient that all around the park they had free life jackets the kids could grab and use. My husband and I tagged in and out so that we were able to go on all of the big waterslides…which we loved. The lines were not bad and went quickly for the most part. We also went back after dinner each night to either the Dig or Predator Lagoon. It was cool to see the sharks swimming over your head. For three days at the pool we rented a private cabana. $200 for 3 days. It had a fridge, safe, locking cabinets, etc to put all our stuff so we could roam around the park with no worries and keep our drinks and food cool. The comfy couch and cushioned chairs were nice to relax on also. It was right next to the Cove, a gorgeous beach which I wish I had brought my snorkel gear to.
The grounds were hot, so the kids had their water shoes on. I couldn’t bring myself to wear them, so I wore flip flops. Some people just held their flip flops in their hands while going down the slides.
We went into town one day to go to the straw market for souvenir shopping. We took the water ferry. It was $4 per person each way. Even my 2 yr old had to pay. The boat left from under the “new bridge”. Easy walk across the street from the Harborside.
We also went to the free movie theater a couple nights. They showed some kids movies. The Cartoon network was there and they also did a free screening on the green…blankets laid out and a huge screen set up outside.
There was a lot of walking involved and you definitely need a resort map to find things the first couple days. Even with the map it was sometimes hard to determine which way to go, but fortunately the staff were all friendly and happy to point us in the right direction.
Overall we had a great time and will definitely consider returning.

Room Tip: Building 5 was right next to the pool and our room had a view of the harbor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Maui_10_07
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Place is great to get away from the turmoil of Atantis. Atlantis is a great place but it can be very busy. Harborsides offers a relaxing , wind down atmosphere. You get great accommodations. A kitchen and laundry. Your own little paradise in paradise. The shuttles take you anywhere on the Atlantis property. The Harborsides pool and restaurant are very quiet and private. The scenery is awesome.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple