Be warned - eating will cost a fortune. Also, we are owners at another Starwood property so did not have to pay the "resort" fees - be aware this can be up to $30 per night per person if you are not an owner. If you have a flight transfer to get there, they will lose your luggage, so pack a change of clothes in your carry on.
That said - Harborside is a fantastic family destination.
We had a 1 bedroom premium villa which at approx. 950 sf was roomy for 3. It was clean and well stocked. The view, not great. There were villas with good views however so ask about that.
You have full use of the Atlantis facilities which are too numerous to mention in detail: at least 11 pools to choose from, water slides, lazy river, lagoons filled with fish, aquariums, etc. The 300 pound grouper in the predator lagoon is worth seeing. My family enjoyed The Current - a 1 mile long lazy river type thing not to be confused with The Lazy River. The Current is a river you float in with your tube - it has a current to pull you along and it has rapids and a wave pool and is directly contected to water slides so there is no need to ever leave. Beautiful white sandy beaches - 3 to choose from. There are buses that run between the various buldings every 6 -8 minutes to shuttle you to all points (huge property) so you never have to wait long.
Take the water taxi ($3 per person) to Nassau. Visit the Straw Market for great knock off hand bags.
The Cloisters are a short walk from the property - 14th century monastic ruin and gardens - lovely and free.
Lots of shopping if you're into that (we are not so cannot supply too many details) - Versace, Gucci, etc. and a casino.
Anthony's Restaurant is a short walk and is reasonable (hard to find at this place) and has good happy hour prices - $5 drinks instead of $10 - $14 at the resort - good pizza.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the natural wonders of warm Caribbean breezes, blue crystalline waters and sparkling white-sand beaches, Harborside Resort offers Atlantis guests a vacation filled with beauty, relaxation and excitement. Situated just across the marina from Atlantis, you have access to a wealth of private amenities combined with the home-away-from-home extras that only a spacious, private villa can offer. The Harborside Resort is just steps from a harbor front restaurant and pool area, a children's pool with fountains, a fitness facility and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Atlantis - Harborside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Paradise Island
- Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Atlantis
- Harborside Resort At Atlantis
- Atlantis - Harborside Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island