This was my 4th trip to Harborside Resort. We went on July 18th and stayed for a long weekend stay. We stayed in a 2 BR Lockoff unit in Building 2 directly behind the pool area. I've stayed in about all corners of this resort and this was, by far, the best location we've stayed at. The rooms were very clean and somewhat updated (new appliances, etc.). We continue to love the pool area at Harborside. It's nice, quiet, reasonable activities, good mix of adults and kids, and access to the Point, the outdoor restaurant/bar right behind the pool.
The beauty of Harborside is the access to everything on Atlantis property. My son loved that and we spent more time on The Current in Aquaventure(sp) opposed to the pool at Harborside. It was crowded in Atlantis this past weekend, but overall, a lot of fun.
If you plan on eating at the restaurants in Atlantis, the prices are EXPENSIVE! Imagine over $120 for lunch and, well, I'm sure you get the idea. While the rooms at Harborside do have full kitchens, it's almost impossible to cook anything in the "oven" there because the convection oven is just about useless. It's take 1/2 hour just for it to warm up to 350 degrees! So, unless you plan on cooking meals on the stovetop, don't bother.
However, breakfast and lunch was much easier to pull together in the resort. If you want to save money on food costs while staying at Harborside, I highly recommend using www.foodstore2go.com. They will deliver your groceries directly to your room! Make sure to register as a New Member (Nassau) member. Once you register, you order what you want via the menu options on the left side of the screen. And they do have most things you would need for breakfast and lunches. When checking out on the website, you will have to specify what day/time you want your groceries delivered, so you can even order before you arrive to Harborside and it will be at your room shortly after you check in to the resort. The delivery fee is $9 and you have the option to tip more if you like, but I highly recommend it and it is more convenient than taking a taxi to the grocery store.
Another tip I will recommend is to find a good taxi driver. If you like him or her, get their business card. A good taxi driver will be professional, courteous, and knows everything you need to know about the island. We couldn't find our normal taxi driver, so we ended up with a shaky taxi driver who had to stop for gas while trying to take us to Harborside. Certainly not something I would expect getting a taxi ride. Anyway, I recommend E. Nixon Taxi & Tour Service. This gentleman knows everything about Nassau, places to go, places to eat, etc. He was spot on every time.
I plan on returning with more family members next June!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the natural wonders of warm Caribbean breezes, blue crystalline waters and sparkling white-sand beaches, Harborside Resort offers Atlantis guests a vacation filled with beauty, relaxation and excitement. Situated just across the marina from Atlantis, you have access to a wealth of private amenities combined with the home-away-from-home extras that only a spacious, private villa can offer. The Harborside Resort is just steps from a harbor front restaurant and pool area, a children's pool with fountains, a fitness facility and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlantis - Harborside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Paradise Island
- Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Atlantis
- Harborside Resort At Atlantis
- Atlantis - Harborside Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island