“Great resort with beautiful beaches and water park”

Atlantis - Harborside Resort
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed 13 October 2009

We traded our time share for this resort so we did not pay to stay here. After reading other trip reviews we used Sandy Ferguson for a taxi service. It was so nice upon arrival having someone waiting for us with a sign and not worrying about getting a taxi as there were 5 adults plus our luggage. We didn't actually have Sandy but we had one of her employee's, Philip and he was excellent and we would definately use her/him again. [--].com. We got 2 1 bedroom places for the 5 of us and thought the rooms were great. We brought a lot of food from home (bagels, cereal, chips, snacks, box dinners etc) so we did not eat out much since we knew the food would be expensive. We got 2 drinks at the poolside bar at they were $10.50/piece. The resort was beautiful and there were no lines to go onto the different water slides but they said sept-nov is there off season. In the lobby everyday there is free interent from 8am-8pm for 15minutes/person. However, depending on the time you may have to wait for 1/2hr-1 hr to get on. The only "complaint" is there was no real oven...just the microwave which is also the conventional oven. This is not really a complaint as we made do with it and all our dinners still turned out great.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank docnikee
There are newer reviews for Atlantis - Harborside Resort

Reviewed 12 October 2009

If you love heat and water, then you won't be disappointed. Just returned last night and it was one of our best holidays. Our 17 year olds loved it, although had they not met a few other teens, they would have found the evenings somewhat boring. They weren't impressed with Club Rush, but I think that would be because there were very few teens at the complex. We had most meals in our room as we did find food and drinks rather pricey. The complex is safe, but be careful of theft on the public beach.
There is so much to explore, that I am sure we didn't see it all. We hope to return, but I wouldn't go during the high season. I think it would be very crowded.
The employees are the friendliest I have met in all of our travels. Our accomodations were fine. A few minor items missing, but that just made it more fun (flipping eggs with a spoon) I'm sure if I had asked for the missing items, I would have been accomodated.
Although we were waterlogged by the end of our visit, we'd still rather have stayed than returned to our snow and cold temps.

Reviewed 12 October 2009

Ok...first thing's first...if you're going to Atlantis' property...DO YOUR HOMEWORK! We stayed at the Harborside condos for a glorious 8 days/ 7 nights. It was wonderful! We packed a lot of food to help defer the costly restaurants, such as snack bars, cookies, microwave popcorn, Easy Mac, drink mixes, condiments and pasta. We also froze lunchmeats, butter, cream cheese, bread and buns, hot dogs, breakfast sausage, bacon, bagels and meatballs which we packed in a thermal bag we bought from Sam's Club. We used Sandra Ferguson's Taxi Service and she gave us drinks as soon as she and her son packed us on the taxi from the airport. Me and my hubby had a few Kaliks, the Bahamian beer of choice. Her son made a stop at the duty free liquor store and supermarket for us where we bought the things we could not bring on the plane...like bagged salad, bananas, eggs and milk, jars of spaghetti sauce, etc. Yes, the prices are high in the market, too so try to bring all you can in your luggage. We went to Seafire Steakhouse as on of our "fancy" meals. They give you unlimited bread and butter (which is enough for our family to hold us over) my hubby got the lobster, my sis in law and I got the filet mignon and my bro in law got the prime rib. We also ordered a mashed potato side, green bean side, cauliflower and cheese side and a bake potato that I swear weighed 8 lbs. All of these sides were easily enough for 2 people to share. Total bill with tax and automatic 15% gratuity on everything was approximately $350 and worth every penny. Everyone's meat was cooked perfectly to their liking. We all had an alcoholic beverage, too. We went there a 2nd time and were more careful of our spending...averaging around $112 per couple. Not bad. What was the kicker was the day we went to Johnny Rockets and spent $80 for 4 burgers, fries and sodas. And they were lousy. Went to Mosaic for dinner one night. Fancier buffet. It was really good. Went to the Marketplace buffet for dinner and once for breakfast. You come out of there in pain from stuffing yourself. Such good food.
As for our excursions and activities, we went onto Bestonbahamas.com and booked a "Do-It-All" excursion. Parasail, snorkel, banana boat, jet ski, and time on a secluded beach. The sand was so white and I was in the water up to my neck and could see my feet. It was like looking through glass.
We spent a lot of time at Cove Beach (the BEST beach there) and the waterpark doing slides and such. They were filming an episode of "Ugly Betty" while we were there and had some areas roped off for filming,but it never really lasted long. I was just bummed that I couldn't catch a glimpse of America Fererra. :(
We went to the comedy club one night and our cheeks hurt from laughing so much. I would highly recommend going. It's $20/pp for like an hour and 1/2 of pure hilarity!
Can't wait to go back!!!!

4  Thank xtrapickles
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Just got back from five days at Harborside. We used Fergie's Taxi for our arrival with a stop at city market to pick up a few staple items. Ride was 50 bucks. Checked in at around noon and our room was ready and waiting. The Condo was well equipped with pots, pans, utensils etc. There is a full size refrigerator, a cooktop stove, and a microwave. There is also a dishwasher and one load of detergent. There is also a stackable washer/dryer in the unit. You need to bring your own detergent. I took some of those new Purex all in one sheets that you use in the washer to wash your clothes and then put the same sheet in the dryer for fabric softener. It worked quite well and didn't take up much space in my luggage. There is soap, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion in the unit. There is also a hair dryer. One thing I will warn you about is to expect some extra charges upon checkout. We booked through Priceline so maybe if you book direct with Harborside these are included. We were charged 9.50 per day maid gratuity whether she came or not. We were also charged 19.90 per day for a utility service fee.
You will use your room key for everything. They don't take cash anywhere on the resort. We got up every morning and got our wristbands and towels at the pool shack at Harborside and then took the shuttle to Atlantis. We never waited more than a few minutes. We ate breakfast in the room and I packed sandwiches in a soft side cooler for lunch. We ate dinner out every night. We ate at Green Parrot which was just okay in my opinion. The bill was 92 dollars for 4. We also ate at Murray's Deli (72.00 for 3)Marina Pizzaria (53 bucks for 4 including 2 beers), and Carmines (160 bucks for 8). We all agreed that Carmines was our favorite meal. It was delicious and the portions are huge. We ordered 2 entrees, salad, and bread for 8 people and had food left over. It is served family style.
The beaches and pools were great! My kids had a blast on the incredible waterslides. There were no lines and we had no trouble getting a chair no matter what time of day we got out. I am guessing that they were only about 50-60% capacity. They were filming an episode of Ugly Betty which was fun to watch.
If you like to have a few cocktails I recommend Bristols liquor store across the street behind Marina Village. Rum is cheap. Beer is a little pricey, at around 6 dollars a six pack but still much cheaper than the 6.50 per can you'll pay at Atlantis.
Overall, we had a fantastic vacation to the Bahamas. If there's anything I have left out just drop me a message and I'll try to answer your questions.

4  Thank VixVix
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I have to say WE LOVE IT... Would not change a thing. For families looking to save money Harborside is worth the time to look at. With its equipped kitchen you can cook meals in the room and SAVE $$$... We stayed for 8 days, 7 nights and only spent a minimum amount in eating out. IF you can, try to get BLDG 5 beautiful Harbor views. IF you are wanting to take a Boat Trip use Bahama Boat Tours with Capt Carl. IT is AWESOME. It will just be your family. The Staff was Incredible and very Helpful. Be Sure when you check in to ask for a Schedule of the Daily Activities at the Concierge Desk.

1  Thank travelontime
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We have traveled to this resort multiple times, and have yet to have a bad experience. There is always plenty for the whole family to do and the staff have been excellent.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I was impressed about the convenience and their services and will be more than thrill to be staying there again next year!

Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family