“Very nice restaurant”

Katy, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice restaurant”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Delicious food, beautiful site. You can sit at the bar and get your food or just have drinks . I found it more amusing to sit at the bar. Its always interesting to watch a cook. And right there, they have a flat-bread station. First: Its very delicious: Second: its very educational;Third:just beautiful work. I ordered a dessert: Tiramissu with gelato (there were something else as well - not good with names)- very good.

Visited July 2014

San Antonio, Texas
“Good Pizza (Flatbread)”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We ordered the seafood tower and it was pretty average probably even bad, but the pizzas were pretty amazing, so save some money and avoid the seafood and go straight for the pizza.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Javier H
Uvalde, Texas
“Good but Loud”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Olives is located next to the Casino in the Atlantis Royal Towers. We had a couple of appetizers and a glass of wine at the bar. The wine was decent and the appetizers were good. It was very, very loud and crowded.

Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“Great Place”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were on the value meal plan and this was far and away the best place. We went 2 of the 6 nights and had reservations the last night but they had to close down because the ventilation system failed. The restaurant looked nice and the service was excellent. I am a somewhat picky eater and they had a number of entrees I would eat so I wasn't nervous returning.

Crab cakes were good but fried. The shrimp was very good. The steaks and pork chop were excellent. The fra diavlo was pretty spicy but good. My wife who is less picky than I am loved it.

• Visited July 2014
New York
“Terrible service, food is poor, place is a scam”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My friend and I had diviner here last night and what a major disappointment. We sat down next to a mother and young daughter and noticed that they barely ate their dinners. I paid no mind and placed my order. We ordered flatbread for appetizer and once it arrived placed our entrees which was seafood fra diablo and grouper. We started to eat our flatbread and the busboy brought over bread, olives etc; usually you get that first. We weren't even halfway done with our appetizers and less than 5 minutes after we placed our entree orders, our entrees are on the table as well. I said to the waiter, why is everything here at once? He said, we don't like to make people wait. I said, why not just bring the dessert too? When the woman next to me saw my dish, she said that her daughter ordered the same dish and that the lobster was rubbery. Sure enough, it tasted like rubber and I couldn't even cut it with a knife. So I just left it there. Our waiter called the manager over and I wanted to know how these entrees could have been cooked in less than 5 minutes after we ordered them. He assured us that everything was freshly made. I told him that's impossible because it takes at least 8 minutes to boil pasta. This place is like a buffet - everything is already prepared and heated up once the orders are placed. Anyone knows that with seafood it can't be heated up once cooked because it will taste rubbery. My friends Grouper was rubbery too. Only thing the manager did was give us free dessert. He saw that most of my dish wasn't touched and it wasn't cheap either. This place is a scam and a joke. Will never go back. Oh and it's located inside the casino, so if you're sitting near the open window be prepared to breathe in cigarette smoke all night.

• Visited July 2014