“Worst restaurant EVER!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Columbus, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst restaurant EVER!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I have never written a review on trip advisor before, however I felt it was necessary to warn the general public not to eat here! The service was HORRIBLE, it took 15 minutes to get water and after 30 minutes and four separate requests to staff we finally received bread. We had to resort to speaking with a manager to receive drinks other than water. Our waiter finally approached and asked what we wanted to order. There was no introduction or description of food items...it was basically "what do you want". We ordered and received our food and several dishes were cold. We sent the dishes back with the manager, my husband actually had the walk the food over to him. No other option or remedies were given other then not charging us for one meal. We were never offered refills, additional drinks, or given a follow up on the food. The food is EXTREMELY expensive. A jar of ragu and a box of noodles would be comparable. The bill arrived and suddenly our waiter was attentive and hovering over my shoulder to see if he would receive an additional tip other then the 15% that is automatically added to your bill. My husband became frustrated and asked him why he was hovering. The waiter became confrontational and my husband promptly told him that he was the worst waiter he ever had. He became very angry and said he was going to call security and say he was being verbally abused. At this point the manager actually showed embarrassment on behalf of his staff and apologized. The waiter refused to give me back my room key and the manager had to go retrieve it. AVOID THIS REASTURANT AT ALL COST! I give olive garden 5 stars compared to this restaurant.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Debbie C

“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Having dined at Casa D'Angelo in Fort Lauderdale and Boca RATON I expected a similar experience here. What a disappointment! The quality of the dishes and the presentation were so different I thought I had entered the wrong place. Perhaps the regular chef was off,being a Monday night. If not, and you expect a fine Italian meal, especially given the outrageous prices, avoid this place....at least here at the Atlantis.

Visited February 2014
“Very good italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Service was outstanding
Food was very good and tasty
The restaurant is very nice and beautiful

And quiet
It's a good place for a romantic dinner

Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
“Oh Dear!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

It's always interesting when large resorts grade their restaurants, you know when they have the categories of fine dining, casual dining, family dining e.t.c. Casa D'Angelo is rated by the Atlantis Resort as a fine dining restaurant. Now let me see, living on Paradise Island one likes to mix it up a little and I tend to stick to some regular haunts but on occasion I like to try somewhere that I have not been too for quite a while that was definitely the case here. I took my wife and two of my children for a quick meal rather than cooking at home. At this juncture I would have rather of cooked.
Normally when this happens I lay down the law and we stick to a main course only just to watch the pennies and you will need plenty of them at Casa D'Angelo. In other words I cannot give you a distinctive feel for the appetizers so I will move on to the main course. I had the Pappardelle con Costatine, (Rosemary Pappardelle, Barolo & San Marzano Braised Kobe Short Rib Ragu) it said on the menu. What I got was packet pasta, a little stringy stewed beef in a dishwater thin gravy, I love short ribs, I love pappardelle I hated this. Very Poor indeed. My fellow dinners had the surf and turf which was like leather, the Colorado Lamb Chops were actually not bad, a little gamy in flavor but overall not bad the best of a bad bunch and last but not least Gnocchi Sorrentina which was o.k but just o.k.
The service was reasonably good just the food was just about as poor as it gets! A definite thumbs down from me definitely not Fine Dining.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
LA, CA
“Dining at the Atlantis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We initially stayed at the Atlantis for two nights but chose to eat elsewhere (Café Martinique and Café Matisse). However we ended up coming back to Paradise Island a couple days later and thought we would give Casa D' Angelo a try. Like all of the other restaurants we dined at, the service was very good. Everyone is so friendly which makes for a nice dining experience. The complimentary bruschetta, olives and cheese were a nice touch. The 16 oz Loin Chop would make King Henry the VIII proud.

• Visited November 2013