“Staff is not helpful and I havent even started my stay”

Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Everett, Washington
“Staff is not helpful and I havent even started my stay”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My soon to be hisband and I are slated to spend our Honeymoon here in October. I wanted to check and see where our room was, what time check in is and ask that they put some champagne in our room for our arrival. I was told that since I booked through and agency, that they couldnt help me at all-after some persistance (because I would think that the Hotel staff would be able to tell me their check in time and where I room would be located) they finally provided this info. They let me know that our room is right next to the Kids Club and Waterpark-not really ideal for a honeymoon. The Hotel of course wont help-they have referred me back to the travel agency-the travel agency has suggested that I contact the hotel to find out where a good place would be to move us because their system deosnt show the Cove (where the hotel suggested that I try to change to). Such a mess and no one is willing to help. I wish that I could just cancel this trip and book our honeymoom somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TannisB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,519)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I traveled to Atlantis with my 9 year old son. There was so much to do! He really enjoyed all of the marine life, so that any walk around the resort required stopping to see the turtles, stingrays, sharks or aquariums. During the day, we enjoyed the waterpark, the rapid river, doing pottery, swimming with the dolphins, and a family session at Crush. We loved The Dig! Don't miss it.

The downside: cost of food. We brought our own water and snacks, but were shocked at the cost of the buffet the first night. We eventually found that eating at the Marine Village, which was a short 5 minute walk from the Coral, was fun and more economical. We tried Johnny Rockets, Starbucks, Deli, Pizza etc. Even the poolside food stands were reasonable for a burger or sandwich. I'm glad we didn't do the meal plan, as it seemed to really limit where you could eat.

So other minor lessons learned:
-There are no clocks around the pool areas. Since we were in swimwear, we had left our phones and watches in a locker. When making an appointment for dolphin encounter, we had to keep finding the time to not be late.
-The pools close at 7, and other activities for pre-teens are limited in the evening.
-The walk between the Coral/Beach Towers over to the Cove or Waterpark is about 15-20 minutes. Bring what you need for the day; wear comfy shoes.
-The lines for lockers were long. I found that I could bring my room key in zipped swim shorts, with sunscreen and a small pool bag and leave it in lounge chairs with our pool towels and shoes while we were at the water park.
-Go to the Junkanoo Parade on Sat or Wed. We missed it!

Room Tip: We stayed at the Coral building. It is lower cost than the newer buildings and is a bit dated, but...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Love2TravelSA
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My husband,our 2 kids and I just returned from Atlantis Royal Towers.We had a fabulous time!! I echo the reviewer who said it is expensive, but get over it and plan accordingly. Our room was perfect and well maintained. Whoever said the hotel needs updated must have stayed somewhere else! The entire place was spotless and GREAT for families. For families with kids shorter than 48", there is a separate play area for them that they will love. My husband and our 12 and 6 yr. old loved all the water slides and crazy river. I feel I have plenty of excitement in my live and preferred to chill out in the pool. The tap water was just fine. We took thermoses and filled them with ice and water each day and saved not having to buy drinks. When I did crave my Diet Coke, it cost $4.00 by the pools. We also brought our own snacks which also saved money. We did get the dining plan and yes it was pricey but well worth it!! You save buying the meal plan in advance vs. getting it when you arrive. We only ate at the Marketplace Restaurant. They had a HUGE variety of foods!! My older son is VERY picky and he loved it!! They had a different salad bar every meal. They also had a sushi bar, stir fry bar, steak, seafood, veg.,etc. For kids they had homemade chicken nuggets ( yummy!!), pizza, grilled cheese, noodles, lots of fresh fruit, and a hige dessert bar complete with Ben and Jerrys Ice Cream. Godfrey was our favorite waiter, but they were all great, Drinks are included with the meal. ALL the staff were great- very polite, resectable, etc. All the animal encounters were AWESOME!! The beach was great also. We don't gamble but used the casino to get cash when needed from the ATM. Our kids attended the Dine In Movie night sponsored by Cartoon Network. This was held at one of the pools after dinner.The kids could swim ant watch carttons at the same time. There was staff from Cartoon Network who had contests, etc. I shopped at the straw market in town where prices are good. I took a taxi to get there. We can't wait to go back and even bought a timeshare at harborside to help make it more affordable. We bought 2 underwater cameras before we left and took a ton of photos.

Room Tip: Our room was in the Royal Towers # 4524 and was very quiet despite other families all around us.
4 Thank akinsatl
Worthington, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Just returned from five days in a Regal Suite at the Royal Towers and want to note that Trip Advisor reviews were hugely helpful in making this a fantastic experience. Yes, it is expensive - as one earlier reviewer noted, be aware of that before you go and get over it. It's a highly used, family-friendly, beach resort in the Bahamas... so it cannot be a spotless, pristine Four Seasons. I echo the positive comments about the gorgeous hotel and lovely grounds and amazing setting. As a person who appreciates customer service, I wanted to write this review to stand up for the staff at Atlantis; every single person we encountered (front desk, to restaurants, to housekeeping, to security) was first rate. In observing a number of hotel guests interacting with staff during my stay, I would offer this: being friendly, polite, appreciative and respectful can generate much more positive results than the opposite behavior!!!

Room Tip: The best tips I put to use were: ask for a ocean view room (we actually had a Regal Suite, with a ro...
9 Thank lovetogo_12
Penfield, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed at Atlantis Royal Towers for 3 days for a conference. The room was clean and nicely appointed. The service was friendly and courteous. Having travelled to other places in the Caribbean we didn't have the service issues (language barrier) that we have experienced in other places. The resort is beautiful and waterpark a lot of fun even though the garbages were always overflowing (yuck). This place is pretty expensive and they charge you for everything. We only ate by the pool as our dinners were part of the conference. Poolside drinks and food were pricey though. The aquariums are very impressive which was my favorite part of this place. I don't think we would go back because something about this place didn't feel like you were away to a beautiful island in the caribbean. If you are looking to go away to a really expensive waterpark this is the place for you, if you like to experience a little culture probably not.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Kellpen
Chelsea, Alabama
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Recently visited the Atlantis resort with a large group - over 50 business associates. Everything ran so smoothly!!! Check in was effortless - staff was extremely helpful - catering for planned events was perfect. The resort itself was beautiful!! Rooms large and comfortable - pool/water park area was wonderful. We can't wait to take our family back for a week!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cindy J
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2012

A nice place but really expensive, pay for everything as additional. Waterpark not as large as is made out on TV, food not great and EXTREMELY expensive, large resort and unfriendly staff. Much better off staying at the Riu on Paradise Island and visiting the watermark.

We still had a great time, but certainly not worth the money....

4 Thank KevinR6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#4 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!