“Fun Place but Service Needs Work”

Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Dallas, Texas
“Fun Place but Service Needs Work”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Atlantis is not the typical resort we travel to, but we were there for a friend's wedding. The front desk staff needs to be taught to handle customers better. We had issues getting into our room even though it was after the 3:00 check in time. No apologies, just bored looks and basically information that said that this was my problem not theirs.

The resort itself is a lot of fun. We had rented a suite and really enjoyed that. The waterpark is fun (and I don't like water parks!) the beach is really pretty and trash free. The prices for the food at the pool were surprisingly okay ($8.00 for a hamburger).

Room Tip: We liked staying in the Royal Towers because it is central to so much, but if you want to be away fr...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KETB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,494)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Bodden Town, Grand Cayman
Reviewed 16 June 2014

If you're a person who likes their vacation time full of chaos, screaming kids and goofy, giddy tourists, this is your place.
Most island getaways are about quiet enjoyment and relaxation away from everything this property embodies. Think Disney Land surrounded by the ocean.
A lot of cheesy come ons, lot's of tacky tourist made in China chotskies.
If you have a lot of money to blow and do not want a true island experience, this is for you. If you must travel to an island locale and cannot leave the kids at home, this is for you. Actually, if you must travel with obnoxious children, please go here and leave the quiet serenity of the out islands to the adults!!!!

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ViajerodelGusto
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I have been to the Royal towers at the Atlantis four times in the last eight years. Needless to say it was one of our favorite destinations up till now. We are both in agreement that it just is not what it once was. The staff was very gracious and the restaurants have not changed, food is still good.

While I was sitting in the chairs at Plato's, my wife brought to my attention all the stains in the fabric in the chair I was sitting on. We had an ocean view room and could barely see out because the windows were so dirty. I was actually going to call the desk and ask them to clean our windows.

The most significant and annoying change we have noted over the years is the amount of people from the cruise ships that are at the pool during the day. It seems that from the early morning the hotel and pool are overrun with people that do not stay at the hotel, but pay a fee to use the pool area, which is great by the way, and therefore take all the lounge chairs. This really makes the pool very crowded and the lines at the slides very long.

Having said this, the hotel is not what it once was.

GW

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Gary W
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Atlantis is amazing. Truly very few place like it on the globe. We had a great room with a view of the Dolphin area. My daughter got to spend some time in the Kids Club and became a certified cupcake chef! Their kids program is amazing.

The water park was a big hit but it does sort of lose it's wow effect after the 3rd trip. The food was great and the facility is truly wonderful. We had a great time.

We rented a private Cabana for one day and I am not sure we really needed to. If you want a private pool area for your family to swim - It was perfect. IF you plan on running around the park maybe not the best thing to spend $$ on. You can get a lot at this hotel but it is also going to cost you a lot. Is it worth it ?? Yes If you can afford it !

One point I must mention...The dealers in the Casino are flat out rude! No need to elaborate, Rude.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Ice Machines
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 5Paq
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Atlantis Royal Towers (East, Imperial Club) for 15 nights. We got married here on the 5th night. The place is beautiful and I am so glad we picked this location as our wedding venue.

At first I was nervous as to what to expect because of some of the negative reviews. We all have different opinions and that's fine so when I write this review I am expressing my own opinions and absolutely not trying to offend anyone.

The place is gorgeous, the view is amazing. The people who work there are very friendly. They always say hi, smile at you or ask how you're doing, if you just got back from a tour they would say welcome back enjoy the rest of your stay, and lots of other pleasantries. There were maybe 2 or 3 workers out of our whole stay who weren't very friendly but in no way were they rude. Maybe they were all just having a bad day? I don't know but 3 out of everyone else is not bad at all.

It is a huge place but we love walking and exploring so we enjoyed the size of the resort and we never took the shuttle that will take you from one tower to the other.

We went to a few restaurants there and I will write my review under those restaurants separately.

Resort food is quite on the expensive side but we knew this ahead of time. They were pricey - I mean what do you expect, this is a Resort, not a supermarket. It's comparable to Disney prices except better because you can actually get food other than pretzels, hotdogs or burgers. My hubby and I have gone to both Disneyworld and Disneyland and so the food prices here weren't that big of a shock. There is also a Dunkin Donuts across the street, we usually went there for breakfast.

I did see people from the cruise ships being lead by their tour guides around the property but they never really bothered me and I didn't think the pools were overcrowded because of them. There's always a big line up for all the rides though.

Overall, my stay was perfect. I wish we were still there! :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Orionz16
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We went for a business meeting that was held at the Atlantis Resort. We stayed at the royal towers. Hopefully this will assist future travelers.....
1) Check your hotel bill carefully...there may be some charges that do not apply.
2) Water pressure to take a shower was poor.
3) Automatic Bellman service charge for tip on the bill. We tipped obviously upon getting our luggage to our room and tipped more on our bill which we were unaware of until the last day when we checked out.
4) There is a 15% gratuity charge on EVERYTHING EVERY TIME you purchase anything. A bottle of water, a coke, even at the Starbucks at the Marina Village.... which equals poor service because no one on the property works for tips. Although 90% of the workers we encountered were nice and helpful.
5) The service at 2 out of 3 restaurants we ate at were SLOW. 15 minutes to receive a glass of wine. Much longer to get dinner or even appetizers on the table. Service was slow at Olives and Nobu, BUT service and food was EXCELLENT at Mesa.
6) Water park was fun even as adults, kids had a ball of course however, cruise ship passengers can get a day pass to water park area and make the water park area very overcrowded and too busy!
7) Oh, and if you would like to be fit and and workout, you will get charged $15/person/day to use gym facilities!
8) Be prepared to spend more money than expected for everything.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank JGLKRL
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I have been here quite a few times!!! Its funny to see the negative review of all the people saying how expensive it is. Did you NOT do your homework and review everything about this place?? There is this thing called google and it can tell you everything!!!! Sure if your gonna eat at the expensive restaurants and drink all the top shelf drinks, it can be expensive. But so can Disney and every other vacation. Eat at the quiznos and the DD that are around. Bring some snackin stuff so you are NOT eating 3 meals a day!! It CAN be done on a budget!!! Do your homework people and dont be surprised when you get there!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Berniesgirl2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!