“All new with a new additude”

Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“All new with a new additude”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

i have visited the resort many times in the past, however my most recent trip was a pleasant surprise.The rooms have been totally refurbished. The hotel staff were partially friendly.
there is a new restaurant called Olives, food and service were superb . the casino has a new Sports betting room with large T.V's and a great bar.

if you plan to dine in any of there gourmet restaurants, you should call and make reservations in advance as they fill up fast and it is hard to get the time you desire.

i had my 3 grandchildren with me and they had a great time in the kids club. we went to the spa one day try it of you like spa treatments caution the services are expensive.but worth it . the casino was exciting, i don't gamble but played the slots for the fun of it

i would defiantly recommend Atlantis

Room Tip: request a high floor, as the view is spectacular .
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,465)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Miramar
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My experience was not good at all. When I reached the hotel (Royal Towers) I wanted to upgrade to a suite and I was told no I could not.
My name is Max Herard and I stayed #4578. I'm writing thi review to express my feeling toward the Disappointment that I encountered during my stay there. I picked to stay at the Royal Towers thinking that I was going to get a Royal Treatment, instead it was a BIG Disappointment. From Checking In, I asked the Front Desk Attendant to upgrade us to a suite or the Cove and he said he could not do it. He was vey nice about it but he said he would put us in a nicer room. After we checked in, we went in the room to find our bed sheet with Dirty Stains on three different part of the sheet. The tub was rusted in the front part of it. This is the most expensive vacation that I've been to and was the most Disappointed one. We stayed in small hotels before and the rooms were better/ nicer than the one we stayed at the Atlantis. The room was such a turn off that our vacation was ruined. We were so turned off that we did not even border to walk inside the Atlantis to check the Amenities. We did not even eat inside the place. I told my wife that I was coming back to stay in the Cove But after that Disappointment I don't think it will happen unless Management is willing to take care of our issue. I was hoping that by the time we left that Management would have resolved our issue and make us leave this place with a better assumption but it did not happen. Thank you!

1 Thank Maxherard
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We went to Atlantis 9 years ago and had a great time. The fish exhibits were spectacular, the slides great ( and that was before the new section opened) the food good and the grounds well maintained. Overall a very good experience. Pricey yes- but we knew this going in.
Now 9 years later- return visit- not the same experience. The exhibits were not as clean and lots of algae in the pools. The large Dig area tank continues to have great fish but much cloudier and the glass less clear. Could barely see all the way through. Very disappointing. They have almost no resources to identify the fish ( some guides which people take) of course you can buy a guide for $21.
The slides were still great but with the Cruise ships in port ( 3) the hotels guests were out numbered by the day passers so lines were longer and the clientele- sometimes a bit "sketchy". The main pool area is so crowded you have maybe 6 inches between lounge chairs.
Food venues the same but generally you get service without a smile. Prices remain high. Tips included- 15% so perhaps there is no motivation to be pleasant.
We won't return. Sill think this place has great potential but management change - i suspect- at fault.

2 Thank Glenner48
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Atlantis is not the typical resort we travel to, but we were there for a friend's wedding. The front desk staff needs to be taught to handle customers better. We had issues getting into our room even though it was after the 3:00 check in time. No apologies, just bored looks and basically information that said that this was my problem not theirs.

The resort itself is a lot of fun. We had rented a suite and really enjoyed that. The waterpark is fun (and I don't like water parks!) the beach is really pretty and trash free. The prices for the food at the pool were surprisingly okay ($8.00 for a hamburger).

Room Tip: We liked staying in the Royal Towers because it is central to so much, but if you want to be away fr...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KETB
Bodden Town, Grand Cayman
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

If you're a person who likes their vacation time full of chaos, screaming kids and goofy, giddy tourists, this is your place.
Most island getaways are about quiet enjoyment and relaxation away from everything this property embodies. Think Disney Land surrounded by the ocean.
A lot of cheesy come ons, lot's of tacky tourist made in China chotskies.
If you have a lot of money to blow and do not want a true island experience, this is for you. If you must travel to an island locale and cannot leave the kids at home, this is for you. Actually, if you must travel with obnoxious children, please go here and leave the quiet serenity of the out islands to the adults!!!!

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ViajerodelGusto
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I have been to the Royal towers at the Atlantis four times in the last eight years. Needless to say it was one of our favorite destinations up till now. We are both in agreement that it just is not what it once was. The staff was very gracious and the restaurants have not changed, food is still good.

While I was sitting in the chairs at Plato's, my wife brought to my attention all the stains in the fabric in the chair I was sitting on. We had an ocean view room and could barely see out because the windows were so dirty. I was actually going to call the desk and ask them to clean our windows.

The most significant and annoying change we have noted over the years is the amount of people from the cruise ships that are at the pool during the day. It seems that from the early morning the hotel and pool are overrun with people that do not stay at the hotel, but pay a fee to use the pool area, which is great by the way, and therefore take all the lounge chairs. This really makes the pool very crowded and the lines at the slides very long.

Having said this, the hotel is not what it once was.

GW

3 Thank Gary W
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Atlantis is amazing. Truly very few place like it on the globe. We had a great room with a view of the Dolphin area. My daughter got to spend some time in the Kids Club and became a certified cupcake chef! Their kids program is amazing.

The water park was a big hit but it does sort of lose it's wow effect after the 3rd trip. The food was great and the facility is truly wonderful. We had a great time.

We rented a private Cabana for one day and I am not sure we really needed to. If you want a private pool area for your family to swim - It was perfect. IF you plan on running around the park maybe not the best thing to spend $$ on. You can get a lot at this hotel but it is also going to cost you a lot. Is it worth it ?? Yes If you can afford it !

One point I must mention...The dealers in the Casino are flat out rude! No need to elaborate, Rude.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Ice Machines
1 Thank 5Paq
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,515 reviews
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,704 reviews
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,538 reviews
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!