“Nice but needs a room renno and price adjustment”

Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed 19 March 2009

First off, we were supposed to stay at the nearby One and Only Ocean Club but it was full becasue we didn't give enough advance notice. The reason why we liked the Ocean Club was that it was by far the most luxurious and quiet while still being able to use all of Atlantis facilities. Oh well, we chose the Royal Towers because at the time, the new Cove was not yet complete. The Royal Towers are ideally located within the resort, in the middle of everything. The pools and waterslides are copious but there were a lot of people using them even in June! There is a great selection of restaurants but they are pricey for the Caribbean. Nobu, Cafe Martinique, and Dune (at Ocean Club). Are all sensational though. We stayed in a Grand Suite on a high floor. But it needs serious re-doing. Very old but spacious. Didn't go to Casino but did Dolphin Experience and worth every penny! Therefore, I would recommend this hotel (royal towers) to a friend but would strongly suggest they try newly opened Cove or Reef or even Ocean Club

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank tcoop92

Reviewed 15 March 2009

I was impressed overal in this resort, however if you are going, ensure that you book the meal plan. It is very expensive otherwise.
There was a lot of work going on so we were moved from the Beach Tower to the Coral Tower. Which we were pleased about because it did look tired, But then on arrival at reception we were moved again to the Royal Towers a much more impressive part of the hotel.
The slides etc were fantastic but i wouldn't like to be oon then in peak season, it was busy enough when we went in Oct.
The casino is fantastic but we didn't go in to gamble just on the slots now and then.
Overall a very nice holiday but very expensive if you don't have the meal plan.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank katamanda
Reviewed 14 March 2009

I wont bore you with the general comments and pictures as there are plenty on this resort. Overall I will just get down to it. It was a great time. It is expensive but you are paying for hotel and a water park. I spent hours ikn the lazy river/ rapids/ slides. Its fund for all ages it was a great time. Yes the food and stuff are expensive but you can get nuggests and fries and a drink and cookies by the pool for $8 which i dont think is bad. I wouldnt recommend staying there for an extended period for time, but for a long weekend in December it was great. I would definately go back.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank RobertsTrvlTips
Reviewed 13 March 2009

We just returned from a 5 day trip to the Atlantis. We are a family of 4 with 2 daughters, ages 12 & 15. We went with our guard up after reading many negative reviews and having had our own self-imposed 8 year hiatus after a less than stellar trip in 2001. Well, we had a great time. We stayed in the Royal Towers and were offered a complimentary upgrade to a top level floor with a balcony that allows seating and with a beautiful view of the ocean and parts of the resort including the dolphin cay. As you might know, most only are about 10 inches deep and allow standing only. We were concerned about costs given all the negative reports. The room was clean, the staff was very accommodating and we felt that most meals were fairly priced. We did not do the meal plan and believe that was a good decision for us. We ate light at breakfast (Starbucks at the Marina Village had prices just slightly higher than home), lunch by the pool ($8-10 value meals, including a good size sandwich/wrap/chicken nuggets, plus french fries or chips and refillable soft drink or water). Dinner our first night at the Atlas Bar was awful. Limited menu, high prices, loud and just off the casino. Next night, we opted for Carmines, which was just fine. We shared 1 salad, 1 pasta and 1 chicken disk for about $135. Dinner the next night, we opted for pizza at the Marina Village. This is a self service place with outdoor tables overlooking the mega yachts in the Marina. It was pretty good pizza and we enjoyed it. We shared a salad, large pie and each had our own drinks for about $60. Last night, we splurged on Mesa Grill. All reports said that this was the best restaurant there and we love it in Vegas and New York. Well, Bobby's not there. The food was just so-so and very expensive. Very limited options for the kids also. We had 2 appetizers, some drinks, 4 entrees and 1 dessert for about $275. Dolphin Cay was included in our package and the kids said they were glad we did not pay for it. It was basically all a photo op and then you could not purchase, just 1 or 2 photos. You needed to purchase a package for anywhere from $60-$250. That was a ripoff. The slides were not too crowded, limited lines and great fun. All in all, we had a great time and did not feel that we were nickled and dimed at all contrary to other reports.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank eatermom
Reviewed 13 March 2009

Earlier this year, I booked a Jonas Brothers’ weekend package at the Atlantis on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. The package is for 2 nights stay and for Jonas Brothers’ concert tickets at $175 per concert ticket. Having thoroughly enjoyed the Atlantis experience before, I decided to extend the vacation by another 2 nights for a total of 4 nights. The package savings is $200 over the standard rate for the room. A few days ago I received an email promotion from the Atlantis for a “Super Spring Break” special. This package is to “stay 4 nights for the price of 3”. Where I’m currently booked for 4 nights, I decided to call the Atlantis and request the fourth night free. This would be a savings of $559 for the room instead of $200. I was told they could not do that because I’m booked for the Jonas Brothers’ package. I had my travel agent call and she was told the same thing. This is outrageous! The Jonas Brothers’ package is for two nights. I extended my stay to four nights. The concert tickets in the Jonas Brothers’ package are not included. I paid $175 for each of the concerts tickets. For the room and the room alone the Atlantis will not give me the fourth night free. So much for good customer relations.

Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2009

The hotel itself is a bit over the top but isn't that what most of us are looking for on vacation...something out of the ordinary? I found the quality of the public rooms to be excellent...beautiful granite, onyx and glass. The room was spacious and very clean. The staff was courteous and helpful. The grounds are well maintained and invite you to stroll throughout the property. Everyone who stays should try the interactive dolphin program. I would also recommend visiting as many aquatic wildlife exhibits as possible. They are fascinating and the real reason why this hotel is so extraordinary.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JerseyHollyGirl
Reviewed 9 March 2009

hi...I just went on a 5 night trip to the Atlantis through my husband's company from Feb. 26-March 3. Everything was paid for: flight, hotel, activities, breakfast and dinner. SOO, that being said, we cannot complain about having spent too much money, because we didn't, BUT BEWARE!! If you do not have all that covered, as we did, you will spend a TON!!!! Our room in the East Royal Towers would have been between $500-600 a night (oh AND gratuity for everything is INCLUDED and they even charge you for stuff like a $30.00 a day energy charge for electricity--what??!! haha!!). The food is really expensive too! We had lunch at the Lagoon restaurant and bar one day and 2 sandwiches and 2 cokes were $48.00, plus tip it was $56.00!!!!! Crazy! You also will most likely spend money at the casino, different bars, possibly the nightclub (my rum and coke was $18.00 at Aura!! Rip-off!!), and any souveniers. We did the Dolphin Interaction and they do NOT let you bring cameras to it. You will pay either $60.00 for 4 prints, or $129.00 for a CD of pics.....ANYWAY....that being said...we actually did have a GREAT time, because we didn't have to worry as much about the money as most people would! The grounds of the Atlantis are BEAUTIFUL...water, water everywhere! Pools, lagoons, Sea life everywhere! 3 beaches on property (Atlantis Beach, Cove Beach and Paradise Beach)...Beaches are verrry beautiful...although the Atlantis Beach can get REALLY big waves on a windy day. The first day there the beach was shut down due to high winds. Our hotel room overlooked Nassau harbour and the cruise ships, the main driveway to the Atlantis, Dolphin Cay and the Harborside Villas. It was nice! We had a little balcony but only room for standing, no room for furniture. The bathrooms weer nice and big, too. The toilet room (yes, it's a tiny room just for the toilet) smelled bad but someone said it was because of the kind of water they use in the toilets??? I don't know, but I always kept that door open due to the smell! The room was nice, though- flat screen tv, nice comfy beds. OK.....the Casino is nice.It is really big and has a lot of games...the nightclub is gorgeous but PRICY ($20.00 cover for guys, girls are free) and drinks are expensive. They have like 25 restaurants, all of which are pretty good, but, once again, pricy! I personally liked Marina Village for lunch, as there are some lower price options like johnny Rockets and Murray's Deli that were good and cheaper AND they were down by the marina where all the AWESOME yachts are!! Amazing yachts!
****ONE BIG THING~~>**---the Atlantis is HUGE....if you hate walking a lot do not come here!! It is a 10-15 minute walk from one end to the other!! I got blisters from my flip-flops from walking so much---bring sneakers!!!! The pools and the Aquaventure slides were awesome but the slides were SCARY! I went on The Abyss and almost had a heart attack!! The Lazy River is the best, but choose the route that has the Rapids and the Waves, it is soo fun!! All in all I has a BLAST at the Atlantis!!!! I would NOT ever return on my own if I were paying for it myself, though, unless i was really rich!!! It really was a ton of fun--but it will set you back at LEAST a few thousand, depending on your room, where you eat, what you do and so on....but if you have the money and you don't mind a VERY big, exciting place, then why not? Go for it! It is not a place I would recommend for elderly people, people who hate walking, or for people who like calm, peaceful getaways....it is very exciting there, always something going on! It is a short water-taxi ride to nassau, too, which we did one day when it was too windy for the water, We did the Pirate Museaum (kinda fun) and the Straw Market and some other stuff...not bad...if you go have fun!!! Live it up!

• Stayed: February 2009
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#3 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
1 mi away
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 37 in Nassau
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection

Been to Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!