I stayed in December with some of my family and my fiancé.
The only issue we had was that the first room they gave us was in front of the elevator and overlooking the pool. We are engaged adults with no children and did not want to wake up every morning at 6 a.m. to screaming children waiting for the elevator. My fiancé needed to work to convince them to change our room and we ended up overlooking the parking lot and front entrance :-/ in the new room they eventually agreed to let us have. On the plus side, I never woke up early to loud noise in the hallway. As other reviewers noted, the rooms are small and not luxurious in any way. The first room they gave us, closer to the ocean, was very musty but the second one, overlooking the parking lot, was much less odorous. As we were on a family trip and spent very little time in the room, it met our needs without complaint. I will say bring your own hair dryer though after struggling with their old one on the bathroom wall. Three twenty something brothers in our group shared a room and never received the cot they requested in advance and every day during our stay.
I have stayed at a number of all inclusive resorts and I must say this was the best all inclusive food I have eaten. Every meal offered a nice variety and plenty of fruits and vegetables as well. We ate at the Steakhouse on Christmas and the lobster tail was delicious.
The beach is beautiful and clean and we never had any issue with it being public. All beach goers seemed friendly and there seemed to be many families. The water was rough most of our stay, but when I walked all the way down (in the opposite direction from Atlantis) the water was calm at that end of the beach. My family enjoyed body surfing and playing in the sizable waves during the trip.
I found the waiters and bartenders to be very kind and accommodating. The main hosts in tuxedos outside the buffet and restaurants at dinner seemed less flexible and accommodating, telling our family who were running 15 minutes late on Christmas that he was about to revoke their reservation, when half of us were already seated! I did not have much reason to interact with other hotel staff so I will say that for me, the service was good. Dale in the spa was very entertaining during my pedicure!
We spent most evenings wandering the grounds at Atlantis and playing at the casino. The proximity to Atlantis is wonderful as you can have the quiet, small family resort feel with all the nightlife of Atlantis only a short walk.
This was a great vacation spot to relax and spend time with our extended family. There was plenty of space for everyone to do their own thing while also being small enough that we could find each other quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Paradise Island (the Bahamas), 3 km/1.8 Miles from Nassau * 100 m/328 ft from "Atlantis", the largest casino in the Caribbean * 14-story building * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3 km/1.8 Miles to downtown Nassau * 200 m/656 ft from various shops * 25 km/15.5 Miles from the airport * 200 m/656 ft from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island
- Riu Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Sheraton
- Paradise Island Riu Hotel
- Riu Paradise Island Bahamas
- Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island Bahamas