My husband and I went here for a week last May/June for our honeymoon and had a great time! First, I will say that either of us have been to an all inclusive resort before so we had nothing to compare it too. Check in was easy, we had to wait about 20 minutes but we had a couple drinks while we waited. (ask for the "goombay smash" it's not on the menu but one of the best drinks they have!) Once we got to our room it was extremely clean (yes we had two full beds pushed together to make a king, but really who cares?) Our view wasn't the greatest but that didn't matter to us either. The food is GREAT at first, they have so many different options and "theme nights" at the buffet but by the end of our week long stay it did get old. (i'm sure that happens everywhere you go though) Room service is not bad, but if you're really hungry just go to the buffet it's much faster! The only bad part about the restaurants is that you have to make reservations at 8am. (They allowed me to make 3 nights of reservations at once so I only had to wait in that line one time during the whole trip!) Yes, the Atlantis is next door (walking distance about 5 minutes) We went there 3 nights to check it out & go to the casino. We would have used their pools and slides but it rained 4 out of 6 days we were there :(
The pool at the RIU is not very big but it was never crowded either. The beach is nice and we only had to tell 2 or 3 people that we weren't interested in what they were selling so don't let other people's reviews scare you because it wasn't bad at all. BRING BUBBA CUPS! Especially if you plan on sitting on the beach for awhile, the resort only gives you small plastic cups but if you bring your own they will make your drinks in that :)Entertainment was fun, they do have a lot of activities going on during the day & night. However, the resort is not that big so if the Atlantis was not right next door my husband and I probably would have got bored through out our trip. Lenny is such a great bartender and so much fun. They all knew our names by the end of the week and even gave us hugs good bye. Make friends with them, you'll all have a better experience. Overall, I would give this resort 4 stars. Nothing really went wrong (except the weather which they couldn't control) and we really enjoyed ourselves. I would plan to go back and visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Paradise Island (the Bahamas), 3 km/1.8 Miles from Nassau * 100 m/328 ft from "Atlantis", the largest casino in the Caribbean * 14-story building * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3 km/1.8 Miles to downtown Nassau * 200 m/656 ft from various shops * 25 km/15.5 Miles from the airport * 200 m/656 ft from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island
- Riu Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Sheraton
- Paradise Island Riu Hotel
- Riu Paradise Island Bahamas
- Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island Bahamas