We visited the Riu May 18th -May 22nd. Everyone that was on our Sunwing flight was also staying at the Riu so the lines were incredibly long when we were boarding the 30 minutes bus ride to the Hotel and checking into the hotel. We enjoyed the welcome drink but we also smelled the musky damp smell in the lobby. By the last day, we got used to the smell.
Room: We stayed at room 715 and the view was breathtaking. The PROBLEM: We were three people and they had prepared for us to sleep on TWO double beds pushed together. We didnt complain since the hotel was booked at capacity but be prepared for that if you are going with three people in one room. Honestly it wasnt a big deal. we loved our room, the tv and the fact that we can bring food to our room was really nice. We brought our desserts every night and ate in bed watching movies and mtv.
Beach: THE MOST DISAPPOINTING THING! And there was nothing that the Riu hotel could do about it. The waves were incredibly rough that out of the 3 days that we were there we couldnt swim in the ocean at all. The good thing, Riu lifeguards were prepared and doing an excellent job at keeping an eye on the guests and making sure everyone was safe. Beach vendors were not a bother at all. The beach gets packed from 12-5pm on account of all the people from cruises. That got a little annoying for sure.
Food: Every meal was amazing. Im a pescatarian so I had plenty to eat and seriously enjoyed the buffet. The only thing the was a little off was the japanese al carte main course.
Staff: Everyone was really professional, gracious and kind. Special shout out to Kelson, Keeno, Marquest, Kenneth, Cornell, Lamarco, Lance, DeAnthony and many many more. :)
Things to do: Definitely take the ferry boat ride into the city. Really enjoyed that! The Atlantis was meh.
I'd definitely be going back but this time, I'll do an excursion for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Paradise Island (the Bahamas), 3 km/1.8 Miles from Nassau * 100 m/328 ft from "Atlantis", the largest casino in the Caribbean * 14-story building * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3 km/1.8 Miles to downtown Nassau * 200 m/656 ft from various shops * 25 km/15.5 Miles from the airport * 200 m/656 ft from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island
- Riu Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Sheraton
- Paradise Island Riu Hotel
- Riu Paradise Island Bahamas
- Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island Bahamas