I'm still here. It's pretty good! I'm actually relaxing right now on the balcony overlooking the most beautiful beach! This place is breathtaking. This is day 4 of my 5 day vacation. My sister and I are in our 30s and we came with our adult parents (50s).
So, here are the pros:
- not far from the airport,
- beautiful white sandy beach,
- The Krystal restaurant was excellent, we have reservations for the Stakehouse tonight.
- maid staff's attitude was excellent
- we came for the beach, so we are sold on the beach!
- the spa ladies are very nice! Tamara was absolutely excellent! Worth every penny, and would get a massage from her again.
- water aerobics was fun. (Wish there were more activities though)
- we are literally one resort away from the Atlantis. I was looking out of my window at the rooms across from mine and realized just today that those a part of the Atlantis building.
- the DIG, is the name of the Atlantis aquarium. You can get in free after 5pm (they close at 6pm)
- they are constantly cleaning the pool and I see them scrubbing the pool early in the mornings. They are really on the maintenance. The chemicals go in at 8pm.
- the beach doesn't get cleaned regularly, so the place is a giant ashtray. And every step has some piece of trash (straw, cup, cigarette butt).
- we are from Maryland, where smoking is banned from restaurants and bars, so we were a little spoiled and grossed out by all of the smoking everywhere - it's international, so nothing you can do about it.
- the water sport vendors are overwhelming, relentless, and constantly hawking all day long at the beach. I kept hearing, "hey boss, are you ready?"
- you have to pay for umbrellas at the beach- $25.
- the one pool they have closes early (7pm), but we have 2hours of daylight left!
- rooms are clean but have a musky odor
- entertainment wasn't impressive. The dancers were really nice and they did a good job, but it was a bit dry. The best night was the karaoke night, and really, you're entertained by the other guests! Dancing was fun.
- the power went out twice since I've been here.
- it's smaller than expected, but that's not an issue since we are right next to Atlantis.
- I'm a healthy eater, and I'm a pescatarian/vegetarian. I do eat fish. Breakfast and dinner were good but lunch was horrible. It's mostly bar food only - hamburgers, hotdogs, nachos, fries, pizza, wings, fried fish, condiments, and a small salad bar. Nothing much here. You should take a cab to "The Fish Fry" and eat at a restaurant called the Twin Brothers! Delish!
- don't drink from the poolside bar outside... It is filled with flies. The caps on the syrups were left off and there are multitudes of flies crawling all over the spouts and openings of every bottle. I have one more day, but will only drink from the inside bars.
- my worse complaint is the number of flies. It's so bad that you absolutely cannot eat outdoors while you are here. Flies are disgusting!
Overall, it was a nice vacation, but I will try something different next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Paradise Island (the Bahamas), 3 km/1.8 Miles from Nassau * 100 m/328 ft from "Atlantis", the largest casino in the Caribbean * 14-story building * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3 km/1.8 Miles to downtown Nassau * 200 m/656 ft from various shops * 25 km/15.5 Miles from the airport * 200 m/656 ft from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island
- Riu Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Sheraton
- Paradise Island Riu Hotel
- Riu Paradise Island Bahamas
- Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island Bahamas