5,410 results
All reviews specialty restaurants sir alexander riu staff jet ski nightly entertainment swim up bar a la cartes entertainment staff steak restaurant straw market all inclusive hotel day pass ocean front negative reviews nachos majestic tours pool side
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

The front desk staff were rude arrogant and would not give you the time of day. Check out at noon shuttle did not leave until 630 no courtesy room and on late check out. Were told to check back and there would be additional 100 until 5pm the day of. Found out from other people that they boom late check out the first day. Very selective staff. The assistant manager Ms. Lynn is a capital B and should be fired. They could all use a course in customer service food was decent althought no restaurant takes reservations first come first serve and after you wait in line they tell you no shorts. REALLY

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
6  Thank Carmen B
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for expressing your concerns.

We would like to clarify that upgrades, room requests or early check in/late check out are always subject to availability.

We are committed to provide excellent quality of our products and services to our guests. For this reason we are very surprised to read your comments and we regret to learn that you have left our hotel thinking otherwise.

Please be assured that we will share your impressions with the relevant department in line with the main goal to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.

We sincerely hope that we will one day be able to welcome you back to our hotel and have a chance to demonstrate the high standards of guest service that are typical at our hotels.

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Myself and my two daughters visited for a week, from the time we first stepped into the hotel the hospitality was awesome. Reservation was fast and we had our rooms right away which allowed us to head to the beach to start enjoying our vacation. We had the family suite in room 306 and 308. The room was accommodating and clean. That brings me to the maid services, we had Sandra for the first 4 days and she was very friendly and had the rooms cleaned for when we got back. The others were just as good, but had more of a connection with Sandra.

About the restaurants we ate mostly at the buffet and the jerk hut. At the jerk hut the food was amazinging but Alfred was our favourite chef not saying anything bad about the others, but Alfred had that special touch. At the buffet most of the staff was friendly and helpful but we had the best experience with Travis. He was AWESOME, he was very attentive and professional. He remembered what we ordered and treated us like royalty can't say enough about him, he's a terrific guy. The bartenders were great, Donny was terrific, he was the life of the party.

Overall we had a great experience, everyone was polite and respectful and I mean everyone. The place was immaculate. I would recommend the hotel to all my friends and family and will visit again. Hats off to everyone. Keep up the good work.

Stayed: June 2018
6  Thank mbowen2018
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Our reservations got messed up and we were supposed to stay 7 days but only got 4. (Not hotel error, agent error) I wish they didnt make that mistake. The staff was great, the beach was awesome (get umbrellas and chairs), infinity pool with swim up bar, food was AWESOME, buffet had an awesome selection, the dessert was great. Rooms were clean. Gym was small but I got my cardio in at least. I wish we had the full 7. I do reccomend this location. I had a wonderful time. The drinks were good, they have a coffee bar. Only reason I didnt give 5 stars is we prefer a larger compound with ground that we can walk on. But that's really it everything else was great.

Ps.If your looking at other resorts DO NOT GO TO WARWICK (that's where we had to spend some of our days) worst hotel experience.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christine M
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

This is my 4th visit to the Riu in 10 years. It has many upgrades and improvements from the last time several years ago. My favourite was the cafe in the main lobby replacing the old lobby bar.

The new pools were great too but I’m more of an ocean person so I didn’t spend any time in the pools.

The staff were awesome!! I don’t understand how other people are complaining about them. They were all eager to help, always kept the drinks flowing at the buffet meals and pleasant to be around.

Atlantis is a few steps away, we found it too expensive to actually buy any of their ripoff passes so we just wandered around the grounds after 6 pm when there is no security! The marina is fun to check out the super yachts in the afternoon or evening. The casino is a lot fun to hit up a few times.

A few pointers from my stay:

1- bring sunscreen from home, I made the mistake of forgetting and had to pay $23 US for a small spray sunscreen

2- don’t bother with the steak restaurant as the lines are very very long and the steak at the gourmet restaurant was even better!!!

3- water toys like inflatables, frisbees, footballs etc are not really for sale anywhere around here, so bring them from home!

4- if you hang out at the Atlantis casino, don’t order $15 drinks at the bar, they will come around to the tables and bring you free drinks if you play a few games at any table.

Thanks for a great vacation ( honeymoon ) we did get a few chocolate strawberries delivered to the room which was a nice touch, we will definitely be back soon!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Darcman1
Reviewed 21 June 2018

My wife and I had our wedding here with a group of 20 people and stayed for 7 days total with the entire group. We traveled with Sunwing who also arranged the travel from the airport to the resort upon arrival and departure. I can easily say the entirety of our group received impeccable treatment both from Sunwing on the flight over and by the staff at the resort. All of the staff(front desk, cleaners, bartenders/waiters, entertainment, etc.) were all very respectful and helpful. Our room was upgraded to an oceanview on the 10th floor as promised in the wedding package and was ready even before check-in. All of the rooms for the group were ready on time, were clean and newly renovated. Only one member had to ask to switch room due to not getting the oceanview they had paid for. That said, the switch was done without a hassle and in a timely manner. The entire resort was renovated the year before so everything was very clean and modern. We made sure to try every restaurant and they were all fantastic with great service. You cannot reserve for the different seating times, but if you arrived a few minutes early, there was normally enough room to get a table at the first seating. All the bars and bartenders were great, all drinks had plenty of alcohol if so desired and they had no problem serving you multiple drinks at a time (which seems to be a problem at most all inclusive resorts). The pools were clean and well kept and the addition of the infinity pool with bar was a nice touch. The best part of course was the beach, probably the nicest beach I have ever been too. It was incredibly clean, the entire beach was soft sand including in the water, no rocks or anything like that. Once in a while there would be some small fish swimming around the shallow parts and a bit further out some small stingrays which was cool to see. The fact that this is an adult only resort meant no screaming kids running around which was a plus if you just wanted to relax by the beach or the pool. We had visited the Atlantis to see some of the attractions, and after seeing the amount of people running around, kids screaming, garbage all over the beaches, we were very happy to be at the Riu. Finally, we had our wedding in the middle of the week. Our wedding coordinator, Crystal, was absolutely amazing, easily the best thing since sliced bread. We had spoken to her a few months before arriving and had another meeting with her a day after we got there. She bent over backwards to get us everything we wanted and even managed to get us discounts for certain parts of it. She was also very easy to get a hold of 24hrs a day. We had our wedding late afternoon followed by pictures which we took at the resort as well as at a nice place called the cloisters. We had our supper at the steakhouse where we had our own area and finally we had a reception with DJ and our own bar/bartender on a private exterior terrace. I can honestly say, the wedding and entire vacation was great and we have absolutely no complaints about this resort. We did leave the resort a few times, we rented 4 seater buggies to explore Nassau, a lot of great places to visit and if you split the costs, it is cheaper then taking taxis all day. We went into town to visit some of the small shops and as mentioned before, we did visit Atlantis to see the aquariums and water park. I highly recommend this Riu to anyone going to Bahamas, easily a 5 star for me!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family