Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$341
US$325
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$177
US$726
  • Beachfront
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$238
US$1,567
Travelocity
The Royal at Atlantis, Autograph Collection(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
US$387
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
5,108 results
All reviewsspecialty restaurantssir alexanderriu staffjet skia la cartesnightly entertainmentswim up barall inclusive hotelstraw marketday passnegative reviewsocean frontnachosmajestic tourspool sidewater taxicable beach
Reviewed 12 January 2007

We just returned (4 couples-Jan. 11, 2007) and we would never go back, and we would not recomend this hotel to anyone. The RUI management should be ashammed to put their name on this place. The rooms are dated and dirty. They do not let anyone check in until 3 PM. Check in is very slow and not friendly. There is no room service and no coffee pot in the room.

The buffet is OK, and if you stand in line at 8 AM - you may get a reservation for one of the 3 resturants. Definately not worth the money or the RUI name!

Go to Cancun - the help and island is friendly, and helpfull!

Stayed: January 2007
5  Thank DRMSEEKER
Reviewed 4 January 2007

We just returned from a 5 night stay from 12-17 through 1-1-07 at this property. I had read all the reviews in this site and took the Canadian reviews with a grain of salt as I have found them to have lower standards. The pool is not heated, the airport transfer provided by Majestic Tours was in a large bus that had this property as the last stop; hence, take a cab.Our room #415 was on the pool side of the hotel after first being sent to room 312 on the airconditioner side. Very small bathroom, quiest room, old tired carpet, pouches of shampoo and bath gel, our room on the first full day did not get spiffed up until we called the front desk, came down in person and requested the service, and phoned again. We left a note and a tip for the cleaning crew, but that did not seem to matter. Our king size bed was comfortable. The food at the buffets was plentiful and a wide variety. However, the reservation processs for the 3 finer restaurants was antiquated!! Stand in line by 8:30a.m. of the day you want the reservation either 6:30 seating or 8:30, and if they was still room you could get your reservation. Well, we did that once for the steak restaurant. Even then you had everything buffet except your entree. Big deal. not worth it. We went to Luccianoa in Nassau for dinner one night. Good but not worth the $'s. The beach towels were a joke,. you had to get a towel card at check in, give them your credit card and sign for $250, then you could only get one towel per card. Cheap booze in the room, r kinds, a small refrigerator with beer (MGD) and pop. The only beer they served at the hotel was MGD. Oh, the wine was rotten, either white or red. nasty!! Plenty of chaise loungers both on the pool deck and the beach.
Go over to the Atlantis and spend your time. The aquarium is worth a look, go after 5:30pm and no charge of $29.
Comedy show was a gas. Casino, grounds etc. A+. If we go back we will stay at the Atlantis.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
10  Thank lori a
Reviewed 3 January 2007

My girlfriend and I just returned from 3-night stay at the RIU. We planned this trip in October for New Year's weekend. I must say after reading several of the reviews I had "reservation remorse". Luckily most of the bad reviews did not materialize. The service was outstanding. The hotel was fully booked and very busy, but you could not tell by the attitude of the staff. Everyone from the receptionist to maids were exceptionally helpful and curitous. Oh, I felt so sorry for the bartenders on New Year’s Eve night. The bar was packed, but they kept the drinks moving with a smile—even though you could tell they were exhausted. By the way the drinks are fabulous! Order the Bahama Mamas and Papas--they were slammin’. If you don’t think the drinks have enough alcohol—just ask for a double shot.

The beach and view from the hotel room was equally fabulous. I did find the water activities over priced. We parasailed--$50 pp for only 12 minutes. The jet skis were going for $30 pp for 30 minutes. I can’t say enough about the quality of the food, except it was simply outstanding. So many choices and the food were not bland like most buffets. Breakfast and dinner buffets were my favorites. The breakfast had fresh made to order omelets, French toast, smoked salmon, and fresh squeezed fruit juice bar. New Year’s Eve dinner was the bomb—champagne, lobster tails, shrimp, oysters, mussels, king crab legs, scallops, lamb, duck breast curry, tons of fresh fruits, vegetables, and cheeses to chose from. Can you tell I loved it!

My only disappointment with the Riu was the room and entertainment. The room reminded me of a highway Motel 6. The carpet is in need of a serious shampooing and/or replacement. Although clean, the bathroom needs a total make over. It had a mold smell even though there was no mold visible. Cigarette smoke filters through the air vents. The toilet bowl kept running, but we reported it and it was fixed the next day. Also, the beds were lumpy. On the upside, there were plenty of towels available and I enjoyed the in-room liquor bar—oh and the balcony where I spent most of my time while I was in the room.

For me, the Beer chugging contest was the highlight of the entertainment. The disco was pretty lame, even on New Year’s Eve. But you do have options for entertainment—the Atlantis is next door and downtown Nassau has nightlife. Overall, I would recommend the Riu to those that a nice room is not a prime concern. So RIU are you listening … please update your rooms and I’ll be back every year!

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
17  Thank Katiedog2
Reviewed 28 December 2006

I’m quite late with this review, but after reading so many negative entries, I feel compelled to share my experience at the Riu Paradise Island. It has its pros and cons for sure, but overall it was a great place…the perfect balance of fun and relaxation.

The rooms were clean and I don’t know if it was the free-flowing alcohol, but I slept like a baby every night. I loved sitting on the balcony at all times of the day and night, beautiful sweeping views. The only thing about the room that I really didn’t like was the toiletries. They came in little tear-open envelopes, which was just weird.

The pool was a little chilly (we were there in mid-January) but I loved lounging poolside and having cocktails. Once you ventured into the pool you got used to the temperature and it was fine. It wasn’t huge and never felt overcrowded. One complaint here…the music they played was very, very repetitive, which can be distracting and annoying if you’re trying to relax and catch some rays. I was fine with my headphones.

The buffet was pretty good and consistent, with the exception of one night when it was outstanding. They had fresh lobster served with drawn butter…it was melt-in-your-mouth good. Really enjoyed the gourmet restaurant, didn’t really like the steakhouse restaurant.

I don’t have anything but wonderful things to say about the staff, especially Al the bartender who worked at the lobby bar. He was hysterical, entertaining and so sweet. I was there with family (dad, mom and brother (he’s 23, I’m 29) and he had us all amazed by his magic tricks! He was always teasing me about drinking the Riu out of champagne, which was delicious by the way. My brother and I proceeded to shut down that bar with him every night until we left.

Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and I wouldn’t hesitate to visit again!

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled with family
9  Thank kksummergirl
Reviewed 28 December 2006

the staff is amazingly friendly, service is good, sure the rooms maybe be a bit on the older side...but the atmosphere and friendliness of everyone makes up for it all. plus it is right next door to the atlantis, so entertainment is not far away. ive stayed here twice in the past year and would definitely go again!!!

Stayed: November 2006