“5-star experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Upper Marlboro
“5-star experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

After visiting Atlantis a few years ago, while on a cruise, we decided to make a vacation of it for a pre-Christmas vacation. I did a bit of research and settled on The Cove…mainly because we would have use of the adult pool. While some of the not-so-great reviews worried me, I decided the trip would be what I made it, and remained positive. We arrived in Nassau around 4:30, so by the time we got to our hotel, we were able to check in.

Check-in went smoothly. However, if you don't know, they ask to put a hold on your credit card ($250 per night) for "incidentals" (i.e., food, drink, and anything else that could/would be charged for your room). Be prepared. However, we talked the lady down to $400 (pretty easily), and went up to our room. The entry area is beautiful! Lots of water, lush foliage, etc. I felt like I was in paradise. It was pretty windy, which had me worried because the weather called for some rain, but we actually had no rain our entire trip.

The room was beautiful! I loved the double sinks, soaking tub, huge shower, and separate toilet area. Everything was super clean and very comfy. Our view was amazing as well. We were on the 19th floor.

Everyone on the staff, and I do mean everyone, was super friendly and helpful. The pool area was the best, and all the staff there were great. We went back regularly, even though we weren't swimming or sunbathing, because we enjoyed it that much. It wasn't as packed as we had hoped but we had a ball.

The next time I go, I would definitely cut my stay to 3 days, as there wasn't much going on after a certain time. I did want to go to Aura, but missed out… I will definitely go next time. We also went to Marina Village to see the Junkanoo parade, which was nice. A little unorganized, so it was harder to get good pics, but that was cool…everyone was having a great time.

Overall, I had an awesome time here and would highly recommend it. However, bring lots of money as everything is pricey and there is a 15% gratuity on everything. We did Starbucks for breakfast just about every morning, had heavy lunches, and only had dinner one night, and still spent a good $1,000 (for 2 of us). This total also includes cab fare to and from Señor Frogs twice, eating at Señor Frogs twice, the dolphin encounter, and cab fare to and from the airport.

We left this past Sunday, and since we had a late flight, we decided to check our bags and hang around the pool area. It started getting very crowded, which was nice, so we just partied a bit before leaving and then made our way to the airport. I'm already planning our return this summer.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank msbrown76

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (690)
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

The Cove is a great spot to unwind and relax away from the main Atlantis resort. Much quieter around the pool and very comfy beach chairs on the sandy beach.

Like everyone else that goes to the Bahamas, the prices for everything is expensive. For e.g lunch at the fish fry outside the resort cost almost $200 for four of us. But the food was great.

The place was awesome and beaches were great. Got some nice shellls snorkeling. Some days were very windy though.

The vacation overall was enjoyable..son got to go snorkeling for the first time and got some fishing in.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank humbug24
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I've stayed at the Cove on at least 4 different occasions--and extended my stay twice. I am a female who travels alone, and look for places that are safe, fun and luxurious. Some would say I'm a hotel snob. The Cove has never disappointed. The Cain pool is adult only (though it closes quite early) and has gambling outside. The staff is excellent. They knew I was there alone and reserved the same poolside chair for me every day.

The rooms and bathrooms are clean and spacious, though I spend limited time in them. I love the options on the property--casino, club, restaurants, waterpark, etc.

I'd say its quite pricey and everything is an add-on. If you aren't careful, you'll have added extra thousands to your bill in no time. I've easily spent over 3500 just for a weekend stay.

I've also stayed in Nassau, but there isn't much to do. If you are single and looking for a quick weekend beach trip with a bit of nightlife, The Cove won't disappoint.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank gottabtc
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

So myself and my boyfriend stayed here at The Cove Atlantis from 12/13-12/18. I want to first start by saying, this is NOT an all adult tower even though we thought it was, the only part of this trip that was adult only was The Cain Pool.

Room:

The rooms are beautiful! His and her sinks, private toilet, nice size shower, large bath tub, huge mirrors, safe, two flat screen tvs, lots it lighting and a beautiful ocean view.

Food:

The only real breakfast options you have are the buffets Mosaic and Marketplace which are good but cost us about $70 for two people. Try The Point Restaurant and Bar for a cheaper and tasty option.

We had dinner at Olives, MESA grill, Mosaic and Seafire Steakhouse. They were all around $200 including tip for two people and very underwhelming! We also ate a bit at the Cain Pool, I ordered a Chicken Caesar salad and it was disgusting! Salad dressing was like water and chicken had no flavor.

For quick not too expensive food I suggest Murray's for sandwiches and the Pizza place right next door. If you take the shuttle to the Marina, you will pass a Dunkin Donuts on the right side that you can walk to once you get off the shuttle. There is also a restaurant next to it called Anthony's that looks like it's worth trying. Overall the food here is not good. The best thing I had was a burger at the place right before you get to the Cain Pool.

Drinks:

We went and had drinks at the Moon Lounge in the Royal Towers which was dim and nice except for the slew of hookers that kept eyeing up my boyfriend. The bartenders were really nice but drinks were on the expensive side too and small! The bartender referred to it as a "high roller bar", so I guess it made sense. If you want to just grab drinks while on the casino floor go to dragon bar.

Club:

We went to club Aura and it obviously caters to locals. We were staying at Atlantis and were still charged $25 to get in! The music was terribly loud and not that good. We stayed for about 40 minutes.

Pool:

The Cain Pool was really nice. Nice waitresses, good (loud) music and you can also gamble there too. There is also a beach that you can go on right past the Cain Pool that is nice and quiet and secluded.

Housekeeping:

Be sure to put valuables away because they will try to come in even with the "Do not disturb" light on. But they are good at replacing towels and the leave waters every night which was great. There is no refrigerator or microwave so don't bring food back to your room.

Transportation:

You can reserve a can ride to and from Atlantis in a shuttled van from the airport. This is $52 round trip, great deal! When you call they will try to sell you a $300 SUV or limo ride which I think is unnecessary so just ask for the van option. The ride to and from the airport is about 40 minutes. While on the resort there is 24hr shuttle transportation which takes you to all the different towers.

Overall I wouldn't suggest coming here unless you're bringing your kids for fun because there isn't much to do here for adults and it's not too romantic. And DO NOT come here in the winter because its not hot enough! The weather was cloudy and only around 79 degrees. I would only come back here in May, June, July, August or maybe September. They are building a new hotel called the Baha Mar I believe it will be ready in the summer 2014.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TiffanyMarie2213
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

So this review is from the perspective of a couple who went to the Bahamas for the first time (but has traveled a "bit" including elsewhere in the Carribean & Mexico), got to stay at The Cove, Atlantis and after venturing to downtown Nassau -- quickly retreated back to the resort grounds/beach/pool -- and stayed put!

We stayed for 5 nights as part of a belated summer/fall getaway and incorporated this trip as part of a quick stopover by NYC and celebrated my fiancee's 30th birthday there. We spent very little time on the casino floor but frequented the beaches, went to the waterpark, enjoyed Cain at the Cove and went to a different restaurant every night.

One aspect of the trip that was a minor irritation was we didn't get a $200 resort credit that the resort was offering as a special offer because we booked via Expedia vs. the hotel website despite some confusion as to the offer and was instead only given a promotion for a free appetizer at certain restaurants.

Room -
We stayed in a Deluxe Ocean Suite (1 King) with an absolutely beautiful stunning sunset view. Our arrival was somewhat rocky as we were placed initially in a room that didn't meet our standards for cleanliness. There was hair of different kinds left in both the water closet (toilet stall) and bathtub as well as some small mystery stains on the headboard of the bed. It wasn't obvious but once we noticed it we were concerned. That in and of itself was minor but it became frustrating as it took about an hour before we were finally in our "final" room. The staff made an attempt to make up for it which I will refer to below.

The room itself is very spacious, in the realm of 700 square feet. The pictures on the website do the bedroom/living area justice .. but actually significantly undersells the bathroom! When we arrived we were actually wowed by how large and spacious the bathroom was. There is a very large bath in the centre with mirrors in all directions and his/her sinks on either side.

The finishings were nice and overall very comfortable. You can tell that there has been a certain amount of "wear and tear" on the furnishings but still it is easily in the realm of where you would expect a 5-star resort to be.

Service -
The Cove staff overall is very friendly and helpful and you can tell they are used to providing service to high-end clientele. So in reference to the "room situation" above -- upon leaving for the beach and returning in the evening, we were greeted by a plate of complimentary chocolate covered strawberries by the guest services manager.

Due to the shared resort grounds, one aspect of the trip that was slightly unnerving was the requirement to wear disposable wristbands when accessing the amenities in a pseudo class system-esque atmosphere. The wristbands are colour coded depending on where you are staying to determine what access you have for pools and beaches and you get them by showing your room key. For clarification - Cove guests have access to everything. More specifically -- Cain at the Cove is only for Cove guests. Cove beach is apparently only for guests of the cove. Paradise Beach and the nearby pool are for guests of the Reef and Cove.

Overall, service ranged from "good" to "excellent" during my stay and was generally very high overall with some minor hiccups along the way.

Pools & Beaches -
The beaches! Oh the beaches! They were all absolutely beautiful. I think fewer words will say more than many in this instance -- sandy, pristine and inviting. It's difficult to truly describe how nice they are.

As for pools -- we primarily spent our time at the pool tucked between the Reef and the Cove and at the Cain pool. The former pool is relaxing and comfortable with a simple concession stand nearby. Cain is trendy and luxurious with comfy cushioned chairs and poolside day beds for rental. An afternoon at Cain can get expensive quickly with the dj spinning tunes accompanied by free flowing drinks at the bars, the delicious food (the sashimi bentos, in particular the Poke, was absolutely fantastic) and nearby gaming tables!

Restaurants -
As is advertised, there is an assortment of restaurants available at the resort with a number operating as branded restaurants under the names of well known celebrity chefs. To provide some context with the "review" to following:

1) We went to Olive (Todd English), Nobu, Mesa Grill (Bobby Flay) as well as other restaurants (Mosaic - buffet) including the more casual ones
2) We are accustomed to good food and consider it an important part of any of our trips and holidays
3) Excellent food does not need to be expensive, there can be great "fine dining" and there can be great "casual eats" ranging from quality local cuisine to street-side restaurants

So what is our verdict? The food was good. In some cases quite good. The point here though is that it was not amazing. The ingredients were fresh. The recipes were generally well thought out and in many cases carbon-copies of menus found in the similarly named restaurants elsewhere .. but it lacked finesse. Sometimes things were under or over seasoned. The cutting and prep of the sushi wasn't clean. Overall the level was not quite where you would expect these restaurants to be for what you're paying for it -- but still delicious. Interestingly enough, the food that stood out the most to me was the poolside lunches we had at Cain featuring their sashimi boxes and not any of the aforementioned celebrity chef restaurants.

Please note that not all restaurants are open every evening. The schedule rotates depending on the day of the week so if you want to go to a certain restaurant during your stay you should get the restaurant calendar information in advance.

Atlantis Resort / Other -
The casino is spacious and there is plenty of branded luxury good stores throughout the resort. We did a tiny bit of gambling and no shopping so we have little to mention in that regard.

The water park was surprisingly a lot of fun and the "leap of faith" truly is a fear inducing experience (with a nose full of water as well). It's a good way to spend an afternoon!

The other attractions such as the predator's lagoon, the fathoms, etc. are all "neat" and amusing to spend a couple of hours as you wander the resort grounds but aren't necessarily things that would qualify as a main attraction. I would add that during this trip we did not participate in any of the "encounters" (Dolphin or otherwise) so we can't speak to it. We also did not end up utilizing the spa so we cannot speak to that either.

Another small feature that was nice is that there is a movie theatre that plays relatively several new movies daily. So for a moment of relaxation after dinner or an afternoon spent tanning by the pool/beach -- sitting at watching a movie in a cool theatre could be a respite!

Overall -
Our overall experience at Cove Atlantis was excellent. The trip was an expensive one but it was a great luxury trip that served to provide some much needed relaxation with an aspect of fun through the various resort activities and amenities while leaving ample time for "us". This particular part of the resort is definitely more geared towards couples whereas the Reef is more geared towards families so that is one thing to consider. My fiance and I are definitely considering going back!

NOTE: This may come off as obvious to some guests but was new to myself and my fiancee. As this was our first time at the Cove Atlantis, we noticed one thing we thought was peculiar -- by around 5-6PM each day, despite the sun still being in the sky and the weather being quite warm, the population at the pools and beaches would start to get sparse -- we discovered the reason behind this later.

It was due to all the guests going back to their rooms to clean up and dress up for dinner!

The ladies all changed into beautiful dresses and heels and were clutching designer handbags. The men changed into slacks and shirts (sometimes blazers). Having come from a trip to NYC we had some dressy clothes with us but we definitely felt severely under-dressed compared to many of the other guests!

Room Tip: Ask for a view and be specific about sunrise or sunset. We also asked for a fridge in our room beca...