After visiting Atlantis a few years ago, while on a cruise, we decided to make a vacation of it for a pre-Christmas vacation. I did a bit of research and settled on The Cove…mainly because we would have use of the adult pool. While some of the not-so-great reviews worried me, I decided the trip would be what I made it, and remained positive. We arrived in Nassau around 4:30, so by the time we got to our hotel, we were able to check in.
Check-in went smoothly. However, if you don't know, they ask to put a hold on your credit card ($250 per night) for "incidentals" (i.e., food, drink, and anything else that could/would be charged for your room). Be prepared. However, we talked the lady down to $400 (pretty easily), and went up to our room. The entry area is beautiful! Lots of water, lush foliage, etc. I felt like I was in paradise. It was pretty windy, which had me worried because the weather called for some rain, but we actually had no rain our entire trip.
The room was beautiful! I loved the double sinks, soaking tub, huge shower, and separate toilet area. Everything was super clean and very comfy. Our view was amazing as well. We were on the 19th floor.
Everyone on the staff, and I do mean everyone, was super friendly and helpful. The pool area was the best, and all the staff there were great. We went back regularly, even though we weren't swimming or sunbathing, because we enjoyed it that much. It wasn't as packed as we had hoped but we had a ball.
The next time I go, I would definitely cut my stay to 3 days, as there wasn't much going on after a certain time. I did want to go to Aura, but missed out… I will definitely go next time. We also went to Marina Village to see the Junkanoo parade, which was nice. A little unorganized, so it was harder to get good pics, but that was cool…everyone was having a great time.
Overall, I had an awesome time here and would highly recommend it. However, bring lots of money as everything is pricey and there is a 15% gratuity on everything. We did Starbucks for breakfast just about every morning, had heavy lunches, and only had dinner one night, and still spent a good $1,000 (for 2 of us). This total also includes cab fare to and from Señor Frogs twice, eating at Señor Frogs twice, the dolphin encounter, and cab fare to and from the airport.
We left this past Sunday, and since we had a late flight, we decided to check our bags and hang around the pool area. It started getting very crowded, which was nice, so we just partied a bit before leaving and then made our way to the airport. I'm already planning our return this summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamic and stylish. Sophisticated and sensual. A place where scene meets scenery and urban chic meets white-sand nature. Inspired by the beauty of its surroundings, The Cove Atlantis thrives on the rhythm of the day. While its exclusive ultra-pool and beach club create a seamless day to night scene, its spectacular ocean views and balmy open-air architecture embrace nature’s most compelling elements creating a seductive and indulgent experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo and Holiday Gems so you can book your The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Cove Atlantis Paradise Island
- Atlantis Cove
- The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island