“Beyond Expectation!”

The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed at The Cove February 21-26th, 2014 and it was FANTASTIC!! Their service is beyond expectation. There was not one person in the entire Atlantis facility that was not smiling, friendly, and asking if we needed anything. The room was immaculate, beautiful and comfortable. I can't say enough about the staff, AMAZING!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Felicia T
Write a ReviewReviews (2,974)

Reviewed 26 February 2014

It's an amazing place to stay for vacation! The service from Bahamas people is amazing! Real paradise!
Many pools with a top service level! Water and beach is very clean!
The hotel's territory is very very big with cool design. The perfect destination for paradise vacation!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Juliia F
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This place is like the ultimate 21st century ultra chic paradise, I was sooo surprised by this. The views from our room was breathtaking!!! The staff was great! It was like being in a home that you wish you built and dreamed of.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We arrived on Thursday evening, had a SUV booked thru the hotel with Dan Knowles Tours, The driver was not there, and the attendant said to wait 10 mins after a 10 hr flight for a town car that would not fit all of us, so we took a taxi van. Obviously the B shift is working at night, no one helped
us with our luggage out of the car, we go to the crescent lounge to get our key and she can't leave to
take us to our room, so we are on our own. Room service at night is cold and not caring, But breakfast room service is great, It is day to night in comparison. This is my 2nd time at the Cove, First time was great service was incredible. This time not so much, if you didn't have dinner reservations way in advance forget about eating. All restaurants are booked or long waits. Mesa grill
is awful, they sliced my steak vertical to check the temp of the steak. And it was just ok, for 55.00.
The Mosiac restaurant looks great, but I couldnt bare waiting 45 mins everyday in a long line just to get in. The Cove and all of Atlantis has turned into a disneyland, long lines and bad food at high prices. If you sit on the beach good luck getting a waiter there, He will show up maybe every 2 hrs. And he will just walk out and yell cocktails and runs back to were ever he came from. If you go please book the concierge suites, this way you will get food and drinks without the crowds. I went with 2 sons 15 and 18, they were bored after 1 day, But when they were 10 and 5 they loved it. If you do stay in the Cove request the view of the Ocean Park the other side not much to look at but the Reef towers and the many cruise ships that are there parked. The rooms are fantistic. The adult pool is alot of fun and if you can get a ocean cabana they are wonderful, Number 11 is the best one
you will get sun all day in this one. The waiters are great there to. I personally will not go back to Atlantis,

Room Tip: concierge level in the Cove overlooking the ocean park, if you request connecting rooms you will ge...
2  Thank kamerkel
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We had the opportunity to stay at the Cove about 5 years ago. Wow. We'd stayed at Atlantis before, but this was a whole other experience. The rooms were fantastic and the pool area was very chic. Wonderful trip!

Room Tip: We had a queen room that faced into the main portion of the hotel. The view was incredible.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My family of 5 stayed at the Cove over Valentine's Day weekend. Our children are 15, 13 and 2. We flew into the Odyssey FBO. Upon arrival, you will need to go through customs. This process was very easy but returning to Miami was a nightmare. We had a driver pick us up which I recommend since they drive on the Left side of the road, most drivers outside of the resort seemed somewhat aggressive. There is really no need to leave the resort once you arrive. I personally would not feel safe in doing so. Unfortunately, it appears the Bahamanian people have very little and their lifestyle of living is very much different than an American traveling to the Bahamas for vacation. My husband is a generous tipper and capitalism worked on this island. If you take care of them, they will be at your beckon call.
Apparently outside car services are allowed on the island but not all cars are created equal. If you ask for a driver to take you to the Royal from the Cove, make sure you are getting what you want to ride in and don't be afraid to say, no I'll wait for the next available driver. Some cars have seen better days. I think Atlantis is working to resolve this issue and the average person staying at the resort is unaware of the uproar between drivers fighting over customers. You can walk to the royal from the cove but its probably a 10 min walk. The Royal is where the casino is located.
We enjoyed the pool at the cove but the surface of the pool does need maintenace. One issue I noticed is people reserving chairs for friends. People get up at 6 to reserve their seats. The problem we encountered was a woman who had reserved 4 other chairs for friends who had still not come down by lunch. The pool attendant was ready to move her torn pages from magazines that she was using to save but she came over immediately and told us those were her seats. I did not argue and chose to sit in the back but COME ON...people suck!!! Saving seats is for high school. I can understand if she wanted to save seats for an hour but it was all morning. I could have sat down, allowed my son to play in the pool and been gone by the time her friends came down. Ridiculous!!
The beach chairs go fast too but we were down early anyway with our son. I think we got down at 9 and still found a chair. The water is really pretty. In February is was windy. Speaking of wind. There appears to be a wind tunnel at the bottom of the Cove where each side is open to the air. This area sits up higher and it's always windy there-or was when we were there.
My girls enjoyed other parts of the resort and I felt safe allowing them to discover. We did go to the toddler slide one day but it's a 5 minute walk from the COVE. Not far unless you are hauling a 2 year old and belongings. The rapid float is also near the Cove and both girls loved it.
Dolphin Cay- I believe is was around -+150 for a shallow water experience. Deep water interaction was not available at the time we needed but I would definitely get the deep water since the Shallow water experience you can pretty much view from the beach. If you want to go on beach with your child or spouse, you will need to pay $15 dollars more. That is if your not participating. What made me mad the most is the amount they charge for pictures. Its absurd. There is no option to buy one print. For pictures on a CD-it's 120. USB- 150. I think one pic comes with experience but it's you standing on beach, not the one with the dolphin. SO I think I spent close to $300 for my daughters shallow water experience. BTW- she was in a group of maybe 7. You must wear wet suit. No cameras.

Food- we ate at NOBU- which was awesome. The food was really good!! Teddy Bear at the bar was awesome too. We also ate at Cafe Martinique at Marina. Also good. I was not impressed with Shopping Marina area. We also ate at the Buffet downstairs at the Cove- not impressed, the line was crazy long to get in...also DO NOT PET THE STRAY CATS on the ISLAND. one cat who appeared nice and was allowing others to pet it decided to scratch my son. I feel stupid for even allowing him to pet the cat. I was not thinking!!! And it happened quite fast.

There is an ADULT pool at the Cove but we had our kids. It appears very shady.

To sum it up... very nice trip and I'd return.

3  Thank Julie U
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just returned from The Cove after spending a week there with my husband and two children (4 and 2). Overall, it was a great vacation.

I have stayed at the Reef and years ago at the Beach Tower. The Beach tower vs. Reef and Cove cannot be compared. Totally different vacation. I would not stay at the Beach tower again. I will be returning to the Reef or Cove again though. Cove vs. Reef, I like both. For me, the only difference is having access to the Cain adult only pool (only get if you stay at the Cove). I enjoyed having a nice lunch and glass of wine on a patio at the Cain. Other than that, I would be just as happy to stay at the Reef.

The view from our room was lovely. I was not overally impressed with the condition of the room or the cleanliness. It was fine. "Outdated" has been used to describe the room in previous comments, which I agree with. The bedding was questionable. I am not sure where I got those bites from…hopefully not from the bed. My son has a soother which I often had to go under the bed to retrieve. It should be clean under there…it wasn't.

Considering the size of the resort, we seemed to have trouble finding healthy food for a quick lunch or breakfast, other than Mosaic, the buffet or the Cain for lunch. So we often struggled to figure out where to eat. Would loved to have had a protein shake in the morning, but there is nowhere that I know of to get one (Jambo Juice is no longer there - replaced by Quiznos). The salads from the huts by the pools are nothing special. For quick healthy food, I found Terminal 1 at Toronto airport to have better options. This surprises me. Although the options did not completely satisfy me for lunch or breakfast, the options for dinner are very good at the better restaurants.

It was a nice stay overall. The staff are pleasant. The lobby and grounds are nice and the beach is great. I love that Atlantis is so big as the kids get to run. I like that we have a nice walk to the restaurants and to the different pools. We tried different pools throughout the week so I never felt bored of a place, which I have on other resorts. The beach is long too so it is also good to stroll. I love seeing the aquarium and the sharks and turtles around the grounds.

2  Thank tpow2
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 36 in Nassau
1 mi away
The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas
The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons R...
#7 of 14 in Paradise Island
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas ...
#2 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!