My wife, daughter and I just returned from a four night stay at The Cove at The Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island. The hotel is quite beautiful , the rooms are beautiful, spacious with spectacular views of the the ocean and the entire Atlantis Resort. The beaches are pearl white soft sand with plenty of room and available chaise lounges , with shade covers, for all. The Adult Pool is vibrant with beautiful people everywhere. HOWEVER, YOU MUST BE VERY RICH TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD THIS RESORT BECAUSE THEY CHARGE FORTUNES OF MONEY FOR EVERYTHING!!!! ITS UNAFFORDABLE !!! Let me give you some examples. For one, the food and drink are absurdly expensive to the point that i was saying WOW. Are you sure the total is correct?? I can swallow the cost of the dinners at the very cool restaurants like Dune, Nobu and Carmines. That is to be expected. However, how can you charge me $120 plus dollars for three people at the beach side snack bar for average chicken sandwiches and water for three people. A bottle of "Whispering Angel" White Wine we ordered on the beach, which I checked sells for $25.00 at the local market, the hotel charges $150.00!!!! The real kicker comes when you go to Mosaic for Breakfast. They consider anyone over the age of 3 as an Adult. They charge you $ 40 dollars per person for an average buffet, even if you just have one bowl of average oatmeal! It was so way over the top it took a lot of the enjoyment out of the weekend.
God forbid you asked for a late check out if your taking a late afternoon flight home. They charge you an extra $150.00 if you want to stay in your room an extra 2 hrs past check out.
This resort would be better served as a high end all inclusive than the current set up. But these absurd prices for everything does not deter the masses from visiting and eating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamic and stylish. Sophisticated and sensual. A place where scene meets scenery and urban chic meets white-sand nature. Inspired by the beauty of its surroundings, The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection thrives on the rhythm of the day. While our Atlantis hotel's exclusive ultra-pool and beach club create a seamless day to night scene, our Bahamas paradise's spectacular ocean views and balmy open-air architecture embrace nature’s most compelling elements creating a seductive and indulgent experience. Stay with us and enjoy a perfect location steps from pristine beaches and gorgeous Paradise Island lagoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Cove Atlantis Paradise Island
- Atlantis Cove
- The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island