“Simply the best”

The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Traveling with my adult daughters this resort had everything we needed. From our arrival to our departure the staff could not have been nicer. It was our goal to have a carefree vacation and Atlantis delivered.

The property was well maintained and is on our comeback list again and again.

alex

1  Thank Al H
There are newer reviews for The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This place was awesome in regards that the rooms were incredible, the views amazing and Cain pool was a lot of fun, especially with the cabana. The room is oversized and comfortable fits a group of people, just watch the occupancy tax which is tagged onto the room. Its about a ten minute walk from the royal towers and the casino which is not bad at all. The pool area was the highlight of staying here, its adults only and calm and relaxing. The beach is right there and is worth a walk on.

My complaints about the Atlantis was that the customer service is horrendous. Nothing is explained to you upon check in, food (which was overpriced) takes forever. No one has any sense of urgency when waiting on you. That being said everyone was still very friendly and very nice, just wish they took the time to help you out when you asked questions.

The cove was spotless and housekeeping was amazing, however the royal towers area looked pretty drab and that it was due for some updating.

lastly, expect to drop a good amount on food...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tim F
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I recently returned to the Cove with my family of five, after four years. It has definitely gone downhill in many ways. Primarily customer service. If you spend this kind of money (we got two adjoining rooms), you would expect great service.

During our trip, we spent many hours at the pool. During that time, only once were we offered food or a drink poolside. And that was after I had to wave down someone. It took 45 minutes to finally get a pina colada. If I would have gone to the poolside restaurant, there was always a half hour wait just to order. I couldn't do this because I happened to be watching my two year old at the time.
For breakfast, you were herded like sheep into the restaurant. Sometimes waiting 45 minutes just to get seated. Then, good luck ordering a drink or coffee before you went to the buffet. Never mind the 15% gratuity added to ALL CHECKS, even with horrible service.

One night, my wife and I went to nobu for dinner (more on that in a second), so we took our kids to the buffet for dinner. My two year old was free to eat EXCEPT THIS MEAL, because he was not with an adult who was eating. What kind of stupid rule is this? So, we had to pay a buffet fee for my son who essentially ate a few pieces of cheese and some fruit.

Then we went to Nobu, where the service continued to stink. And boy was it overpriced. Don't forget that if you order a $100 bottle of wine (anywhere in the hotel), they tack on the 15% to the entire bill. That makes it $115.

To add insult to injury, we never opened either of our mini bars but were charged for EVERYTHING in our mini bar. I told the woman at checkout that we took nothing out of our minibar. She told me she would take care of the charge. When we got home, I was appalled to find out that they did not remove the charges, claiming they searched our mini bar and everything was removed two days before our checkout. My biggest question was why, then did they not replenish the mini bar? Because it was obviously not true. I had to spend many aggravating hours on the phone with the Atlantis and American Express before they finally took off the charges. Such a frustrating turn of events for such a small charge will be enough to make me never go back. We spent over 15k on this vacation and they are arguing over $109.50!!!

The highlight of the vacation, for my kids, was the lazy river. It really is a great thing to have for the children. That is not enough, however, to make us return.

Room Tip: The higher rooms with ocean views are the best. With Amex platinum you get an upgrade to an ocean v...
4  Thank Jarad F
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have to say the service and facilities keeps us coming back! The Cove is unmatched in the Caribbean - and really anywhere. Where else can you find amazing restaurants, cool hotel suites, a pool scene with great music and a beach?!

It's one of the rare resorts that is better than advertised!

We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Higher floors are always better.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bonvoyage2010
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is a beautiful property although is is massive and signage could be better. For an extremely expensive room and restaurants to match, the housekeeping was the worst I've ever seen! The shower floor had long black hairs on the floor and the furniture had not been dusted in some time. When I called housekeeping they said it is because of the air conditioner, but I wrote my name in the dust on the coffee table and two days later it was still there! As I am in the meeting planning business I would not find this an acceptable venue for my participants.

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view get an upper floor. We are on the third floor and can barely see the ocean...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Just got back from Cove...Amazing trip, beautiful hotel, excellent friendly service (for most part), an overall very positive experience, however a few things to make note of. Firstly, Meal plan is a waste so don't do it. We were charged $333/day for meal plan (2 adults $139 /1 child $55), Breakfast at Mosaic, provided no boozing, every day is $89.70 ($31,$31,$16- tip $11.70= 89.70). Dinner was more diverse, but adults get 1 app/1 entrée/1 dessert, so if you back out the $31 for breakfast you have $108 to spend ON FOOD ONLY (drinks/tip not included). We are not huge eaters, so prob would split app and dessert, but even at inflated resort prices, that's a lot for food. We were told that if available, children eat off the kids menu, if not they could choose from adult menu, so we chose restaurants (Chop stix, Seafire Steak, Mesa Grill, Olives, One and only) based on the fact that we were told by the Atlantis rep most did not have a kids menu. EVERY RESTAURANT had a kids menu, which was fairly priced only if you were paying for it, but if you back out the $16 for breakfast, you are looking at $39 for food, and that's ALOT of chicken tenders, mac and cheese, pasta with butter, etc you get my point. Lunch isn't included and neither are drinks and gratuity, so at the end of the day, after the drinks and gratuity is added you are generally looking at an additional 33% per day (maybe we drink too much ;-), on top of the meal plan ($333/day), and that's being generous. Its hard to imagine a time where this would work out in your favor so IMHO not worth it, I can't ever imagine an instance where it is cost effective. Beach and pool was excellent, very clean, attendants were super nice, make sure if you want a nice location for either you rise at 6:30am and go save chairs whether or not you ever sit in them, because that's what most people seemingly did. If you don't mind sitting looking at the back of someone else's lounge chair then no worries, plenty of seats for everyone. While it was not as bad as I may be making it sound, but its a pet peeve of mine, and it is rampant here. Water rides were a lot of fun, well staffed for the most part, but once the cruise ships roll in the amount of wait times for slides could triple, so if you're into that sort of thing be aware of it. Overall, Top Notch resort, could you do it for less than the $9500 in total for 5 days it ended up costing the 3 of us? I say yes, but that's for you to decide, Cove serenity is worth the premium to me, because the other pools/beaches can get crazy crowded. We will most probably be back...Enjoy

5  Thank Cuse90
Reviewed 26 April 2014

From the moment I walked through the lobby, I could feel the stress melt off of me. This place is awesome and makes you feel like you're in Bora Bora. The open-air lobby is a sensory spectacular of waterfalls, ponds with colorful tropical fish and wondeful sea breezes. It is a spectacular experience.

The rooms are very nice and very large. The views are amazing. I've stayed here a few times on high floors and low floors on both sides of the building. They all have excellent views of the water, island and resort. Despite the warm temps, we usually just kept the sliding glass door that leads to the balcony open at night. I cherished waking up to the sea breeze, the sound of the waves and the crystal blue green waters. 2 separate sinks, soaking tub, separate shower and separate toilet room in the large bathroom. Nice size walk-in closet. Comfy beds. Then you step down a couple stairs to a good size sitting area with sofa, chairs, a few tables and out to the balcony.

As mentioned in previous reviews, this place is extremely expensive. There is a resort fee per person per day (can't remember the cost). I had a rental car on 1 trip and the cost for valet was $10 per day (plus tips). There is an extra fee for wifi. Lunch and drinks for 4 poolside was about $200 each day. Room service for 2 (for breakfast) was about $100. There are many restaurant options for lunch and dinner. Mesa Grill, Nobu, Bahamian Club and Virgil's BBQ are all excellent. Mosaic for breakfast is pricey but delicious with tons of options. We did the high/low thing for food options- a few mornings we just got a small bite and coffee for breakfast at the Starbucks in the Reef's lobby and we also enjoyed cheap eats and local cuisine for lunch at the fish fry (outside the resort, in Nassau).

The Cove experience is much different from the rest of the Atlantis. It is a lot less crowded and the overall atmosphere is a lot nicer and more upscale. The service is a lot better. There are people on the beach and at the pool to assist you with beach towels, umbrellas and chairs, and food service. I've also stayed at the Royal Towers and that is not provided there.There are very few children in the hotel and on the private beach of the Cove. The pool at the Cove is adults only. There is a bar and gaming tables right in this area and a DJ who spins great tunes throughout the day. I vacationed with friends and family and we are all in our early 30s so we loved it. I can see how older folks like my parents would really be annoyed by the noise though.

Everyone we came in contact with was very sweet and helpful. Within a few days, they knew us by name.

I stayed here a few times in the past year and have had a wonderful stay each time. Looking forward to a return visit at some point this year. I'd say you get what you pay for and this place is worth every penny.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!