“Great experience!”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
New York City, New York
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I went to Nassau, Bahamas for a weekend getway and we LOVED The Cove. I was a bit leary on booking because I was never a fan of the Atlantis but we had a fantastic time. I want to say in advance that it is very expensive so if you are on a budget then I would look elsewhere. If you are ok with spending a ridiculous amount of money then this place is for you.

Loved the pool which was an adult pool only, sorry NO KIDS! The pool is great, they have an amazing DJ everyday, multiple pools, private cabanas to rent and the ocean is steps away! The service is a bit slow but who cares because you should have no agenda other than to relax.

The sleeping rooms are nice and spacious and the bed is very comfortable, it could use a little updating but nothing serious.

The food is very expensive but there is good food at the pool, there are healthy selections and the staff is very nice. For dinner we went to MESA Grill. The food was very good and my husband and I ordered 2 apps, 1 entree and a bottle of wine and the final bill came to about $225,

We also went to Cafe Martinique which was about $275 all in with one app, 2 entrees and a bottle of wine - One of the best meals I have ever had while on vacation.

I would highly recommend The Cove if you are looking to relax, hang at a pool all day with no kids and aren't afraid to part with your money. They do hit you up with a lot of taxes, one of those taxes being electricity, just an FYI. We had a great time!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Taramarievan22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

My name is Mr Barbaccia, I be traveled to the Cove since day one, It's is to me the ONLY place I ever want to be, Staff at the Cain pool. "Antoine( love like family)Jeremy,Gary,Obidiah,Ricardo,kushna all the girls I'm mean all service staff at the Cain pool I want to say Thank you all for the love and friendship over the years...the Casino staff at Cain,,, my favorite dealer the most beautiful inside and out Samantha #1 and a smile to bring light to your day, her brother Franco a gentleman from the first 100 bucks he about to take from you Lol!!! " all good ,,,it's fun money time. Anville ( much class) The pit staff, managers supervisors Craps dealers, Butlers and Cabana staff.. Thank you for making my time, experience and years memorable and worth each moment for me and my family.

The club level at the COVE, Ray bartender extraordinaire (best of the best hands down and knows what's important) Eugene, I'm mean everyone up there!!!!! Thank you..
All my friends that welcome us at the bell desk and when we arrive, each of you have bestowed your uniqueness and pleasant ways to make us feel special every single time I've arrived or have seen you during my stay...
The staff at Mesa thank you for your smiles and hooking us up when we arrived and had no reservation...

It's not about the hotel anymore, it's about the people they hired way back when, And those that stayed shined and have blessed many guest with laughs, conversation, concern and care.

As a Loyal Guest and friend to the Staff and to the hotel.
My only wish would be people didn't retire or move on, but life happens I guess. But know Mr B has the memories to take with me for the rest of my life of each moment and every smile, handshake and loving embrace.

To you all- THANK YOU..from Tommy Barbaccia and family.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 11 May 2014

What a lovely resort based in the heart of paradise island, we found the resort to be huge with lots to explore and do. It has a great selection of pools, bars, restaurants to suit all and has a great selection of shops to browse. I also loved looking out at all the yachts parked in the harbour and the great shopping village which was so quaint at the side. I love the fact that I could buy Tiffany jewellery and that I could dine at nobu :) the beach was so beautiful and the hotel well kept considering the age. Yes it us expensive but if you can afford to stay you can afford to eat drink and be merry. Great choice of food at breakfast and food of a vey good standard.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The beach and hotel are beautiful. The waterpark and activities are great. The service was the worst I have experienced anywhere in the world. Perhaps it is because the tip is included so the staff (85% of them) do not care. Our room had dirty stained toilet paper the first day we checked in. It took them two days to remove it, even after we asked. The Mosaic restaurant was good but too expensive. Mesa Grill would not let kids in after 5:30 even though the place was only half full at 8:30 p.m. The resort was far from busy. We will not return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank love2travel1555
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Previously was not a huge fan of Atlantis...The Cove completely changed my mind. Stayed in a suite for a girls' weekend--roomy, clean, great views. Every single outside area was absolutely gorgeous. Really felt like an exotic getaway. Great design and use of natural surroundings. Had a cabana for the day by the adult pool (Cain) and did not want to leave--highly recommend getting a cabana if you aren't travelling with little ones. Had breakfast every morning at Mosaic--YUM. Great breakfast buffet with tons of choices. Used the shuttle mainly for popping over to the big casino, but the walk isn't bad either. Spa was pricey, but nice. The service everywhere--from check-in to the restaurants--was amazing. Atlantis has finally gotten it right with The Cove.

Room Tip: Higher floors give you more of a view.