I was a little apprehensive about Atlantis after reading some of the reviews online. I read reviews on both the Atlantis and the Bahamas in general. First let me address Nassau and some of the reviews I read online. Nassau has a bad rap if you read some reviews online. There were some concerns about safety due to the articles I had read. We landed at the airport which is awesome. It has just recently been built and looks better than most airports I've been in. We took a taxi to Atlantis instead of the bus (I don't want to be waiting on others when I'm on vacation) The taxi is just as cheap as the bus and they are readily available. On the ride to Atlantis I noticed how beautiful the country was. I asked the taxi driver about some of the negative things I had read online about crime in the Bahamas. She explained that the island was only 23 miles by 8 miles so if one thing happens you hear about it. She then tells me that every time something happens, it's always because someone was doing something or looking for something they shouldn't be. That puts them in danger in which they shouldn't be in those places anyway. Just like here in the US, stay away from trouble and you won't get burned. Made sense. When we got to downtown Nassau there were police at every corner.....every corner! You couldn't sneeze without a cop saying "bless you". To get on the resort you have to cross a bridge which is gated on the other side. Then once on the property there is security everywhere! So not once did I feel uneasy; actually, I felt safer there than I do in the US!
The other reviews I read were about the cruise ship passengers and the cost. First the crusie ship passengers....they are everywhere! This is the one negative I would have to say. I didn't like feeling like I was paying so much and these people can just walk everywhere! However; if you stay in the Cove or the Reef, they cannot go here! Security is at every corner and they will not let them on that part of the resort. We split our stay between the Cove and the Reef because the Cove did not have availability the entire stay. The Cove is fantastic if you don't have kids. The rooms are modern and the pool is awesome. More of a younger crowd with club style music. The Reef is also super nice but more setup for families due to the full kitchens. Now the cost,,,,,,
Atlantis is expensive! I will say it again, Atlantis is expensive! Don't plan a trip here if on a budget. The cost of food and drinks per day for us was around $350. The food is fantastic but costly. Yes, it's expensive. Not much else to say about the cost. Expensive!
Waterslides are awesome! I was like a kid again. The beaches are great. Very clean property and friendly staff. We did encounter some staff that had very blunt attitudes, but that is everywhere. So my final recommendation is yes, you should go to Atlantis. Just be prepared on the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamic and stylish. Sophisticated and sensual. A place where scene meets scenery and urban chic meets white-sand nature. Inspired by the beauty of its surroundings, The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection thrives on the rhythm of the day. While our Atlantis hotel's exclusive ultra-pool and beach club create a seamless day to night scene, our Bahamas paradise's spectacular ocean views and balmy open-air architecture embrace nature’s most compelling elements creating a seductive and indulgent experience. Stay with us and enjoy a perfect location steps from pristine beaches and gorgeous Paradise Island lagoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Cove Atlantis Paradise Island
- Atlantis Cove
- The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island