“Best tower at Atlantis” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best tower at Atlantis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel tower is very sleek and relaxing. It will make you feel like you're in a spa-setting just walking through the lobby and paths. The views from the rooms are beautiful as well and the room and the bathroom is very spacious. It's set up very nice inside the rooms with the beds separate from the sitting areas and balcony. There is even a walk-in closet! It's very relaxing at the Cove and of course Atlantis itself is FUN!
The only thing I didn't like was food by the pool. Very over-rated/over-priced. And it's a bit of a walk to the other towers from the Cove.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank fijiqueen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (686)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I recently visited The Cove over the Easter break with my husband, my daughter who celebrated her sweet16 and her BFF. We reserved an Azure Suite which worked out perfectly for our gang.(2 separate rooms with 2 separate bathrooms.) Reserving an Azure Suite gives you the privileges of the Club Lounge and amenities of which we have enjoyed during our past visits. So to preface....we have been here and done that....we know the drill...and we keep coming back for what because we know the product. This is a family resort....even at the Cove. Yes, there are adult only areas (Cain), but for the most part you will encounter families...young and old. If I was looking for a serene romantic atmosphere, Atlantis would not even hit the top 10. But Dear REaders, we wanted fun, water, excitement, good dining, clean elegant suite and good service. So, having said that....THe Cove is not a place to cling to your wallet....we knew that...and had a blast...once again.

Check-in:

We arrived to the Cove where the most friendly Valet and Luggage staff were waiting to greet us and start our vacation. (Friendly welcoming smiles from the staff truly can set off the tone of a vacation. :) ) Because we were in a suite we were assisted to the Private Reception to the right of the foyer. We were welcomed by a most polite and engaging young man by the name of Troy who was prompt and attentive. What a great start. Troy recognized that we were celebrating our daughter's bday and welcomed her specifically. Very nice. after the per functionaries, Troy graciously assisted us to the elevators (we already knew the way) and chatted to us about upcoming events and changes to the resort (Kerzner was bought out) as he rode the elevator with us and delivered us to our suite. Troy certainly is a great addition to the Cove's service team as he would check in on us several times during our stay.

WE had arrived....to the most menacing skies with a very real threat of a severe thunderstorm......but what a view from our suite....and then none as the sky opened and we could hardly see past our balcony. ( BTW, the only incidence of rain during our week long stay, and we got it out of the way pronto!!! Worked for me!) Oh well, the Club Lounge was just opening (close to 5PM....) and we decided to go up and try out our first cocktail (gratis) and see what offerings were available. We were greeted by some of the same amazing staff that we had the pleasure of meeting on our previous visits. So, I will try to remember all the names, because they are simply some of the best people in the travel industry (and I have traveled a bit), Jarald, what a guy...our go to concierge man from our last 2 visits. He is unfailingly polite and so very accommodating. Christine and Valentina....always greeting us with a smile and courtesy. The barkeeps, Ramon and Gino, always there with a smile and our fav glass of wine. Arlene, the club manager, the "mother" who was always checking with her guests to make sure everything was Ok. From Club staff to the towel and pool staff to the fast food staff.....everyone was friendly and willing to help out. I would even go as far to say, better than our last visit.

Suite:
Azure suite that was spacious, clean and well-appointed. Some wear is showing in places, mattress probably should be replaced, but the overall feel is good. Our housekeeping staff was fantastic. I am a stickler for cleanliness and I was impressed. The view was fantastic, overlooking the waterpark and ocean from the 19th floor.

Water and Water:
Will not go into detail here....ocean, pools, fun, We knew why we came....

Restaurants:
I recommend that if you want to have your restaurants and dining time preferences, that you reserve well in advance of your vacation.

I will also mention that guests with Club Lounge access are able to have an upscale gratis continental bkfst each morning as well as complimentary cocktails and hors d' oeuvres served nightly between 5-7 PM. water and sodas and snacks are available all day with no charge. My husband and I would have our breakfast here each morn, and our daughter and her friend would partake of the Mosaic bkfst buffet each morn (our suite pkg included buffet bkfst for 2). Some people have asked if the additional cost for staying in a Club suite is worth it, I would say without hesitation, "Yes!" Maybe not from a dollar sense, but certainly for the convenience, ease of access and no lineups, plus did I mention the amazing staff that takes care of us up there.... :)

Carmines: Fun, busy, great food albeit too much for 4 people and a great waiter made this a winner once again.

Mesa Grill: By far our favourite! We dined there 2x, once with the girls and then on another evening, just my husband and I. Entree items were all fantastic, however, their salads ( and we tried 3 different ones..left a lot to be desired.) Make sure you reserve here!

Nobu: OK...this should have been our favourite! I had phoned ahead and spoke with the manager and let him know that this is where we would be celebrating our daughter's 16th bday. I had requested a nice table by the window. (YEah, I know this restaurant, we have dined here several times in years gone by.) Imagine my chagrin when the indifferent hostess (oops...my one and only unpleasant staff encounter that I had failed to mention!) casually and without enthusiasm, leads us over to a noisy, heavy traffic path table by the open kitchen. Yeah, I know, sometimes this is a neat view watching the sushi chefs do their thing. But not now, not tonight for a special celebration. I politely asked the hostess and she blew me off, saying all the window tables were taken...(there was one empty!!!) Well, being the polite Canadians that were are, and not wanting to take away from my daughter's evening, we made the best of it, and making a positive spin with the kitchen so that my daughter's friend (who has never dined at a Nobu) could see the artistry of the chefs. So if James (I believe that was the manager that I had spoken to 10- days to 2 weeks prior to our reservation0 and confirmed with him the importance of the special occasion reservation that I HAD MADE 60 DAYS IN ADVANCE) gets wind of this review.....little things mean a lot!! My daughter had the pleasure of meeting Nobu himself at his original flagship restaurant in Beverly Hills, Matsuhisa on her birthday last year. Nobu graciously posed for a picture with my chef star struck daughter!! I know that my daughter was disappointed in the indifference of a satellite Nobu compared to the kind MR NOBU she met last year. So, after a long build up, food was great as usual, table service not bad, poor table real estate ..and a hostess and manager that left us underwhelmed and unimpressed Go for the food and that is about it.

Olives:
Just pass. Great service, very poor quality food (all of us agreed) that was overpriced. We did have a nice waiter however. Definitely will not return. Uuughh!

Conclusion:
With our suite package we were able to have a late checkout (2:30) as confirmed by the amazing staff at the Club Lounge, which was great. We had our last bit of water, fun and sun before showering and heading back to the airport for our direct flight to Calgary where a snowstorm awaited us upon landing. Nice....

I do want to mention that some of the staff asked to come in and put up some bday celebration decorations for our daughter. She was surprised and delighted when she returned late in the afternoon to this special welcome. The Cove staff made all of us feel special and left good memories for a return visit....which I have already booked for next year. Thank you...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank WEARECANADIAN
Succasunna, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Visited the cove Atlantis last week and I must say amazing!!!! This hotel feels like your in Hawaii or Tahiti. The staff was so nice and friendly and Carolyn from housekeeping amazing. The fine fining restaurants were all delicious. I do not understand some of these reviews. The place is fabulous. I am a very picky traveler when it comes to hotels and the cove exceeded my expectations. I have been to the other towers of this hotel no comparison the cove is the way to go if you like high end. Yes it's expensive but all high end hotels are. I cannot say enough positive things about the hotel. Rooms were very large and clean no dirt anywhere. The concierge floor. 22 the rooms were fantastic. The only negative I have to say is there were a couple of stray cats on the property that one person in our party is afraid of but Atlantis said they would try to remove them from property. Otherwise an amazing property, hotel and service.

Room Tip: Concierge floor excellent. Higher floors better views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Donna F
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Pros - Beautiful Ocean view and view of Dolphin Cay from our room. Beautiful grounds, well kept, easy to get around, great beach and comfortable chairs. Towel huts all over for convenience. Lots of restaurants to choose from. Beautiful waterfalls and crystal clear water streaming throughout the grounds at The Cove.

View of Dolphin Cay has to be noted as a 'con' also as it was a view of dolphins swimming around and around in what would classify as a fish bowl for them, not my idea of fun.

Cons - Check-in staff we dealt with was rude and misinformed us about room availability. This was rectified the next day with the friendliest and attentive conceirge, the only friendly one we dealt with the entire 5 days we were there. For the most part all the staff, waiters and waitresses had an attitude and the service at all the restaurants was the slowest we have ever encountered. Staff was only friendly in the SeaGlass Lounge and the Lounge in the Coral Towers, near Virgil's.

No hot water after 7:00 PM unless you ran the shower for a good 20 minutes.

I'm not sure if there was a cigar convention but there were men smoking cigars all over and it was annoying and smelled. I'm used to nonsmoking restaurants so the cigarette smoking was hard enough to get used to. There should be designated smoking areas for cigars especially! Music was way too loud at the adult pool. The lagoons and tanks over at the Coral and Royal Towers were not crystal clear as they were during our last trip, over 10 years ago. Looked like mulch on the bottom of one of the lagoons so you couldn't even see the fish and lots of algae in a couple of them.

Wifi should have been free and was complete hit or miss throughout the resort, which is ridiculous for $20.00 a day.

Not sure I would go back, a lot of cons for a $1,000+ per night hotel stay. We would only consider another visit if they were running a special with a significant discount.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SEM710
Roanoke, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had a great time, but would never come back. The rooms were worn, carpets stained, shower head fell off when shower was turned on and room safe battery was dead. Food prices are outrageous, especially if you have small children. We traveled with a 3 & a 5 year old and the breakfast buffet was $80 plus dollars for three buffets (3 year old ate free.) So not worth it! Beaches were gorgeous, pools were nice and lazy river was fun, but again, we wouldn't come back based on the cost of the room and food. We don't mind paying for luxury things, but this definitely didn't qualify as luxury.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jennifer M
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We recently stayed for 3 nights at the Cove with a group of 4 couples. First the good stuff - large "suites" (really just one room); amazing bathroom (huge & well laid out); beautiful public areas; amazing adults only pool (if you're ok with lewd drunken dancing by other patrons after a day spent drinking); beautiful beaches; gorgeous cabanas at the adult pool (but you need to spend $$$ or they won't book it again for you the next day); lots of dining choices.
Now the not so good stuff - we were paying over $1000 per night yet the hotel still felt it necessary to charge us $26 per day for wifi; a piece of sole (no sides) was $65; check in was chaotic and the people at the front desk were not friendly; staff got the job done but didn't appear to be very interested in the guests - a few were lovely but that was the exception rather than the rule; the pools close at 5 pm so no beachside dining/bars/hottubs; really smoky casino and, for some odd reason, men smoking cigars everywhere including in the restaurants.
Overall we enjoyed our time at the Cove but won't return - for the same price we can stay at much more exclusive, indulgent, luxurious resorts.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank BACJ
vancouver, bc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel will blow you away. We stayed at the cove because it's adult only. They have an adult only pool with Dj and very nice restaurants. If u have children the other towers are for that.
The rooms are huge and out of this world. The service is great.
I would say tho when dining the service is slow so don't be in a hurry.
It is very expensive, the food, the rooms, the drinks.
Great experience tho, would go again.

• Stayed October 2013
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#4 of 14 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,471 reviews
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,650 reviews
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,528 reviews

Been to The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!