“Beautiful”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
California
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Great place for couples. Beautiful setting, amazing rooms, good service. The only drawback is how far it is from the rest of the towers and the shuttle service is slow. We had friends at the other towers and it was hard to go back and forth without a long trek.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (721)
California
Reviewed 28 April 2009

We stayed at the Atlantis Cove from April 4-11, 2009 - which was spring break. The first few days were not very crowded, but towards the end of the week the resort was packed. We enjoyed our stay at this magnificent property - the rest and relaxation that this place has to offer is incredible with the beautiful clear blue waters, powder like fine, soft sand, and warm waters - a true paradise. We loved the water slides, beaches, pool side music, and activites. We ate delicious meals - our favorite restaurants were Nobu and Mosaic. Of course everything here is extremely expensive - so be prepared to spend some big time money. The service in the Cove where we stayed was above average, but at the other locations throughout the resort some employees were rude and unhelpful. Our room was great, except the mattress was severely sloped on one side and the clock did not work, which we asked three times to replace and they kept bringing broken ones - a disappointment for the amount of money we were spending. Our biggest complaint was my husband getting kicked out of Carmine's for not wearing appropriate dress code attire - which is fine had they told us that when we walked in the door - but we were rudely told this by a Carmine's employee with a big time attitude after we had been there 45 minutes and already ordered our dinner!!!! Another thing to be aware of - we bought the meal plan, but when we called to make reservations all of the restaurants were "full" - we ended showing up there any way to see if there were any cancellations - and wouldn't you know the restaurants were practically empty???? We figured out if you were on the meal plan and called the hotel for reservations, they would deny you because they want the cash paying people - well we found a way around that one! I would not recommend the meal plan- we did not save any money on this. But, if you do, keep your charges separate during the day - charge your lunches and drinks to another credit card so you can keep track of over charges - which we were overcharged by almost $1,000.00 when we checked out because they had charged us for meals even though we were on the meal plan.. When I questioned the front desk clerk on the way out, she had total attitude. I kind of figured out that their system is a little messed up! Overall it was a great vacation - severely expensive - but one of those places you need to go at least ONCE in your lifetime!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Sunber
new delhi
Reviewed 28 April 2009

the cove is just amazing, this newly added property to the atlantis is very stylishly appointed with all rooms are suites and they comfortably big rooms, the resort is amazing with 6 pools and waters rides and the location on the beach is also good there are so many options to eat and the reaort has many resturant, one of my best hotels.

• Stayed July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
washington dc
Reviewed 22 April 2009

We just returned from a 4 day stay at the Cove in Atlantis. What a wonderful vacation! We booked our trip through USairways vacations (we received a cheaper room rate and Cove dining plan rate from them vs the Atlantis). We flew Saturday through Tuesday knowing that Sunday and Mondays are some of the worst days to fly in and out of Nassau. Our room, which was on the 20th floor, was immaculate and had breathtaking views of the ocean and resort. Unfortunately, we had to wait almost 3 hours for our room to be ready, which, after a day of traveling was very upsetting. We did get to use the transit lounge while we were waiting to get changed into our bathing suits (NOTE: pack a bathing suit and sunscreen in your carryon so you can access it easily at the resort!).

DINING: We purchased the Cove Gourmet Dining Plan through USairways vacations for $92, and it was worth every penny. We ate a late lunch at Mosaic every morning, some days had a very light lunch and then would have a big dinner. All the restaurants where we dined were worth every penny: Bahamian Club, Mesa Grill and Nobu. The filet at the Bahamian Club was among the best I’ve had, and the desserts were amazing. Everything we ate at Mesa was perfection and Nobu’s sushi was fresh, and their King Crab Tempura was heaven! (NOTE: make reservations early; I’m talking weeks before your trip. We ate around 6:30 every night and noticed that the service was fast and friendly. By the time we left the restaurants, however, they were packed, and from what we heard from other people, the 7 and 7:30 reservation slots had slower service. Also, we were mistakenly told by one of the concierges that Nobu was on the meal plan, so we made reservations there. It turns out it is NOT on the Cove meal plan. We had to fight to get the charges taken off of our bill.) We also dined at Murray’s for lunch (great value!), the Cain (NOT worth the money) and one of the pool bars (surprisingly not a bad deal. They have “value meals” which include a drink). Speaking of drinks, they are VERY expensive on the resort; from water to alcoholic beverages. Definitely pack water bottles in your luggage if you can, or do like we did and pack reusable water bottles you can refill. The water at the resort is totally fine to drink! We would fill our bottles with ice and water every morning and were fine for the day.

CASINO: My husband likes to gamble, and we found the tables at the Cain pool to be closed every day because of wind (it wasn’t windy, but there was enough wind for them to keep the tables closed). Seaglass (in the Cove) had tables set up every afternoon until 6pm (I believe they are open Thursday-Sunday). The Casino itself was nice, but if you are a big gambler and expect to be comped, make sure you get in touch with a Host before your trip (it is easier). My husband was disappointed with the comps (we are unsure of how they do them, but we only got about 300 dollars in comps, and he was playing about $350 average hands over the 4 days. He has been comped much more in Atlantic City and Vegas over the years. That being said, this was our first visit to the Atlantis, so we do not know if the comps get better over future visits?

TIPS: 15% gratuity is added to everything, but we were told by a few people during our stay that the gratuity is actually not like gratuity in the states (where the server gets to keep it all). The mandatory gratuity at the Atlantis is used to pay the salary of the employees. Anything you tip on top of that 15% actually goes to your individual server. Just keep that in mind!

POOLS and GROUNDS: Beautiful! It amazed us how clean all the pools and grounds were. Every morning I went running around the resort, and every turn I took there was another employee cleaning the gardens, pools, windows, you name it. This resort is by far the most well kept we have visited in the Caribbean. Considering the number of people that step foot on this resort every day, it was mindboggling to not find a piece of trash anywhere. We spent ½ day at the Cain pool (definitely a must see. Boy did we feel like “wanna be” celebrities!) and we also spent some time at the Baths pool. The Baths pool was surprisingly not packed; finding a chair there in the middle of the day was easy. All the pools surrounding the Mayan Temple slides and children’s splash area were PACKED. People were out there at 7 am saving chairs with towels, bags, etc. The aquariums were amazing as well. The Dig is a must see, and definitely get a copy of the daily feedings; you can see them feed the sharks, rays, fish, etc. We did not swim with the dolphins, but we ran into a lot of people who did and really enjoyed it. The newest thing at the resort is the sealion interaction. We got to meet one of the sealions; they were doing some “advertising” and driving him around in a golf cart so he could wave to people. Very cute! They also have a new “Walk with the Sharks” program, but we did not run into anyone who had done that yet.

BEACH: We spent a lot of time at the Cove Beach and at the Lagoon faux beach. We went snorkeling in both, which was nice. The Lagoon has equipment you can use for free (definitely buy some fish food from the stand . The fish will swarm you when you feed them! Even at Cove Beach). We brought our own gear and snorkeled at the Cove Beach and were surprised to see a lot of fish! We had heard that there wasn’t much to see, but if you snorkel out where the rope is (they rope of the swimming part of the beach from the rest of the ocean) you will be pleasantly surprised. We saw everything: angel fish, zebra fish, parrot fish, a sting ray, lots of reef fish and a massive fish in a cave (still not sure what it was!). We preferred Cove Beach for snorkeling because the Lagoon was a bit murky. Also, we never had to fight for a chair or spot on the beach, even in the middle of the day.

SLIDES: Definitely amazing! We did every slide at the resort, and all of them were great. My personal favorite was the Current (lazy river that isn’t so lazy). We did it every day and would then get off at the Power Tower and do all the slides. We never encountered more than a 5-10 minute wait for any slide. What amazed us were the number of lifeguards they had at every slide, pool, lazy river. They really take security very seriously! If we had visited with our children, I would’ve felt totally comfortable letting them get in any pool at the resort.

SHUTTLE: We never took the shuttle while we were at the resort; the walk from the Cove to the Marina is maybe 15-20 minutes, and it is beautiful. Even my husband, who has some joint issues, preferred to walk the resort. We did meet some people who took the shuttle everywhere, and they said they rarely had to wait for a shuttle.

SERVICE: Before leaving for our vacation, we had read numerous posts about terrible service. I don’t know if we were lucky? But we only ran into one employee during out entire stay who was a bit snippy. We found that as long as you wore a smile and had a friendly attitude, every employee at the Atlantis did the same. Everyone we passed said hello and asked us how our day was. The employees there very professional, and perhaps that gets read as “unfriendly”? In any case, we found everyone to be very pleasant and helpful.

ROOM: Perfect! We had no problems (including no problems with the sensors in the fridge). The turn down service was a wonderful touch. We never used room service, so we can not comment on that.

Overall, we really have to give the Atlantis and its employees credit for keeping such a large and full resort so beautifully maintained and running so smoothly. Kudos!

6 Thank smd8z
Florida
Reviewed 20 April 2009

I just returned from a stay at the Cove with my new Husband and I must say I truly enjoyed by time. It started off a bit rough because I arrived on the weekend when it was so busy and getting into a room seem to be so difficult. I was a little disappointed because I was informed that I would have to wait for a room from the lady who checked me in Milan. However, she took my number down and promised me that she will do her best to try and help us. Less than thirty minutes later she called my husbands cell phone and told us that she had a room for us. She informed us that she upgraded our room because of the inconvience and also walked us up to our room to get settled in. She also provided me with a Cove Bag, made our diner reservation, booked our dolphin swims and offered us her personal contacts in the event that we needed anything.
The room was so spectular we were so happy and excited. Apparently we were in a Deluxe Ocean Suite on the 15th floor. The room was very cleanly and the housekeeping attendant was very friendly. On the first night we dinned at Mesa Grill which is right next to the Ocean the service was great and the food was excellent. All of the resturants that were booked for us were really great. Martinique, Dune, & Nobu.
Our swim with the dolphin was excellent and the river rides were awesome. The cain pool was fun and exciting definately a hot spot.
At the end of our stay we had a lot of strange minibar charges, luckily the same lady that checked us in was also there to check us out and also offered us a complimentary late check out for 2:30pm, because our pick up was at 3pm. The entire expereince was awesome. I would definately go back and recommend anyone to go there as well.

2 Thank lover4life_menu
Toronto
Reviewed 20 April 2009

This is the third time I have stayed at THE COVE, but this time the service and peoples attitude at THE COVE was very cold hearted, unless you show them money, THE COVE is getting a little older and run down, the rooms are facing alot of wear and tear and you can see it in the details. Well the worst part is when I stayed there from April 16 - 19, 2009 room 3830, there where ants all over the room, on our tables and chairs , beds, etc...................., and then finally reaching our suitcases and cloths ,So I called the manager Shawn up to my room to take a look, so he did. Well what does he do ? Nothing , except for just removing 125.00 of our bill of close to 2000.00. It is going to cost me 500.00 in dry cleaning my clothes when I get back to Canada, so what will 125.00 do ? and it seemed like he did not care about it, his attatude and service back to the customer was cold. this hotel does not care about customers, just getting them here and taking there money. I also talked with a boss of his, Mr Conway , he did nothing either. So I would never return to this hotel ever again, trust me I have been to Atlantis The Cove three times, but never again !

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Toronto36
nj
Reviewed 18 April 2009

Just returned from one leg of our honeymoon, where we spent four nights at the cove. We had a great time, everything was up to par with our expectations. The room was magnificent, with great views. We were on the 3rd floor, so we could hear the band playing by the pool all day, but to us that was a plus, although it may bother others. The service was also great, the staff extremely friendly, and were out to make sure our stay was pleasurable. Before leaving we read many reviews about the food and how we should buy meal plans ahead of time. We actually decided against that and decided to go at it on our own, and we now think that was the right idea. Only problem is that you need to make reservations before you travel in order to eat in most restaurants. We ate dinner at Mosaic buffet which was at the cove, every night of our stay, and we had breakfast there twice. Dinner cost us $160 for the both of us every night, and breakfast was $65 for the both of us. The food was great, and we had no complaints. However one morning we missed the buffet and we ordered breakfast up to the room, and that cost us $100. So what we are trying to say is that the food is good, but very pricey, just like everythign else at the cove and Atlantis.

We did enjoy the pools and the waterslides, and even swam with the dolphins.

All in all, we loved the cove and what it had to offer, and would definatley repeat. It is however, expensive, so if you are travelling on a budget, I wouldn't recommend it, if money is no object, then you will have a blast for sure.

3 Thank tatesnj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!