When arriving at the airport, my husband and I decided to take a cab ride to the hotel. The cab ride was $35, establish price prior to getting into the car. The driver was very friendly and even made a point to show us certain restaurants that would be worth our while.
When arriving at the hotel I was impressed with the beautiful outdoor lobby, ponds and waterfalls. The bell hop was very pleasant and helpful. When checking in, the front desk receptionist was very sweet and accommodating. The rooms were very modern and chic and most importantly clean. The view was spectacular and made our stay that much more enjoyable. The bathroom was marble and granite with a deep soaking tub, stall shower, double sink and separate toilet area. Very nice and clean.
The Cain pool is very impressive as well as the beaches. The Cain pool staff was helpful and very nice. I suggest you order the Mediterranean salad at the pool with a local Kalick beer. Yummm. Prices are not cheap, but comparable to NYC prices.
I noticed many people stated that the service was not good and the staff was unfriendly. What I have learned in life, and the Bahamas is no different, is be nice and people are nice back. I did notice that many people in the pool area were rude to staff and had a sense of entitlement. Remember they are servers and not servants. Maybe those are the individuals who had rude encounters with staff. As for the 15% added to the bill, I usually tip 20% so it didn’t bother me.
The pools throughout the resort our very nice, but I preferred The Cain. Everyone made it sound like The Cain was a MTV Dance Party, but when I went it was tamed. Howver, please note that music is played throughout the day at the pool.
The food is pricey in the restaurants but tasty. Loved the Mesa Grill, Nobu was yumm, Mosaic had a nice breakfast buffet, pool side food was good, enjoyed Carmines. As for breakfast I typically ateat the Starbucks located at The Reef a few steps away, cheap and good.
The slides and the rapids were fun. We also enjoyed the lazy river.
The Casino is very professional and we tried to go at least every other day.
The Dolphin Cay was fun, however, the pictures are a " rip off' so be prepared, but other than that no complaints.
Just remember to enjoy yourself and don’t sweat the small stuff :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamic and stylish. Sophisticated and sensual. A place where scene meets scenery and urban chic meets white-sand nature. Inspired by the beauty of its surroundings, The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection thrives on the rhythm of the day. While our Atlantis hotel's exclusive ultra-pool and beach club create a seamless day to night scene, our Bahamas paradise's spectacular ocean views and balmy open-air architecture embrace nature’s most compelling elements creating a seductive and indulgent experience. Stay with us and enjoy a perfect location steps from pristine beaches and gorgeous Paradise Island lagoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Cove Atlantis Paradise Island
- Atlantis Cove
- The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island