“Outstanding Vacation. Negative reviews Unfounded.”

The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed 25 May 2010

My wife and I Just returned from five nights at The Cove @ Atlantis on 5/22. I really rely on the reviews from Trip advisor to help plan my vacation, and was torn between returning to Anguilla, trying Providenciales or returning to Atlantis. We have stayed in the Coral, Beach, and Royal Towers, but never at the Cove. It seems the majority of the reviews had a lot of negatives, and since I had not been to Atlantis in 6 years, I was a little apprehensive about returning. These concerns were unfounded, and I found the Cove to be extraordinary in service, accommodations, and food. Yes you can expect the prices to be slightly high, but go there knowing that and you won’t be surprised. The cove rooms were very nice, and it seemed all had great views.
We prepaid for the Gourmet Meal plan, and enjoyed great meals everywhere. The highlight of the dining experience, was a dinner we ate at; The Courtyard Terrace, at the adjacent ‘One and Only” resort. This was an option on our meal plan, and the resort provides a shuttle.
I was a little concerned about the DJ by the pool, and the reports of excessively loud music. Once there, it was a very “chill” vibe, and interesting and fun pool scene. We read books, relaxed, swam, and when bored went to the Aquadventure portion of the pools and jumped into the water rapids and slides.
Most staff we encountered at the Cove were excellent, and we enjoyed talking with them. We had excellent massages every day, at the Mandarin Spa. If you get a spa treatment, then use of the gym for the same day was free. In conclusion, we had a great time, and can’t wait to go back. This is one of those occasions that you should splurge, and enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DPDDDS
Write a ReviewReviews (2,974)

Reviewed 10 May 2010

We stayed at The Cove for a week and had a lovely time. The Cove is part of the Atlantis resort but in a seperate part. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, we had a large room with stunning ocean views- more beautiful than you could imagine. Breakfast was in the Mosaic restaurant and was buffet style ($30 each) and you could have anything your heart desired- fresh fruit, pancakes, omlettes, sausages . . . For lunch we tended to eat by the pool, there are plenty of snack bars around but the food is limited- it tends to be burgers, wraps and fries. The Cove had its own adult only pool called The Cain. This was gorgeous with double sun loungers, bars and a DJ. Music plays all day- it is described as a 'Day club'. The other pools are all part of Atlantis- you have slides, rapids and a lazy river to float down- a fantastic way to sunbathe!

In the evenings we went to the casino a few times. This was great fun but very easy to loose track of your money- I would recommend going with a limited amount so you know exactly how much you spend. One piece of advice- drinks are free (or you give a small tip) when you are gambling- we didn't realise this at first. The Marina Village is part of the Atlatis resort where there is a selection of restaurants. It is all very expensive though! And you pay a 15% gratuity on everything! When you go to this resort, please budget accordingly because you are literally nickel and dimed for everything! Yo even have to pay $15 to use the onsite gym- I went running on the beach every morning instead.You dont want to get there and be shocked at just how expensive it is.

It feels very commercial and not like you see the true Bahamas. It depends what you want from your holiday. We went into Nassau for a couple of evenings, there is a ferry that goes from the Marina Village up until 6pm. It costs $3 each. This is worth doing. There is a fun restaurant called Senor Frogs (a lively mexican) in Nassau on the waterfront and another fantastic restaurnat called Luciano Chicago- well worth doing. I fact, this restarant made our holiday. We also did a sailing trip for the day (barefoot sailing tour) which was great fun. 6 of us went out on a day trip on a beautiful sailing boat, we went to a deserted island and got to snorkel for a couple of hours and then had a barbeque on the boat. It was good to see the real bahamas.

If you are a couple going away, they stay at The Cove- it is a little bit quieter and away from the crowds. Kids however will love all Atlantis has to offer. Just go with quite a bit of spending money!

3  Thank Christie5
Reviewed 7 May 2010

I just came back today from The Island of Bahamas and couldn't wait write a review about our trip... We stayed for 4 nights at The Cove Atlantis and I can very easily say that it was one of my best stays in any luxury resort ever. We had a very smooth check in and our baggage was handled by the bell boys with a big smile. Our room was on 7th Floor and was very modern, comfortable and impressive. The room balcony had a great view overlooking the beach and pool. I must compliment that the staff at the property is very friendly and had a big smile on their face always.

We went for dinner at The Bahamian Club and enjoyed every moment spent there; food was great, staff was very friendly and professional. Mosaic had a great spread for breakfast, at Mesa Grill food was yummy and they had a great collection of wines.

Went to the Casino on last night, I don't gamble but things looked nice there too as had few colleagues gambling and they weren't complaining, staff at Casino was very friendly too.

Went for a Spa treatment at Mandara Spa and just loved it as couldn't ask for better.

Had a wonderful experience at the Dolphin Cay, thou the pictures were very expensive.

Walking through the Atlantis Aquarium was a wonderful as saw some beautiful fishes.

Overall I will recommend the experience.

Positives:
Very Friendly Staff, Amazingly Neat & Clean rooms, Wonderful food at Mesa Grill, Bahamian Club, Mosaic , Beautiful outdoor and beaches, Dolphin Cay, Mandara Spa, Room Service, Quality of Food, Pools and Water Slides.

Negative:
Food & Wines are Over priced, I think thats the only negative.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2010

When arriving at the airport, my husband and I decided to take a cab ride to the hotel. The cab ride was $35, establish price prior to getting into the car. The driver was very friendly and even made a point to show us certain restaurants that would be worth our while.
When arriving at the hotel I was impressed with the beautiful outdoor lobby, ponds and waterfalls. The bell hop was very pleasant and helpful. When checking in, the front desk receptionist was very sweet and accommodating. The rooms were very modern and chic and most importantly clean. The view was spectacular and made our stay that much more enjoyable. The bathroom was marble and granite with a deep soaking tub, stall shower, double sink and separate toilet area. Very nice and clean.

The Cain pool is very impressive as well as the beaches. The Cain pool staff was helpful and very nice. I suggest you order the Mediterranean salad at the pool with a local Kalick beer. Yummm. Prices are not cheap, but comparable to NYC prices.
I noticed many people stated that the service was not good and the staff was unfriendly. What I have learned in life, and the Bahamas is no different, is be nice and people are nice back. I did notice that many people in the pool area were rude to staff and had a sense of entitlement. Remember they are servers and not servants. Maybe those are the individuals who had rude encounters with staff. As for the 15% added to the bill, I usually tip 20% so it didn’t bother me.
The pools throughout the resort our very nice, but I preferred The Cain. Everyone made it sound like The Cain was a MTV Dance Party, but when I went it was tamed. Howver, please note that music is played throughout the day at the pool.
The food is pricey in the restaurants but tasty. Loved the Mesa Grill, Nobu was yumm, Mosaic had a nice breakfast buffet, pool side food was good, enjoyed Carmines. As for breakfast I typically ateat the Starbucks located at The Reef a few steps away, cheap and good.
The slides and the rapids were fun. We also enjoyed the lazy river.
The Casino is very professional and we tried to go at least every other day.
The Dolphin Cay was fun, however, the pictures are a " rip off' so be prepared, but other than that no complaints.
Just remember to enjoy yourself and don’t sweat the small stuff :)

3  Thank Nikki0914
Reviewed 5 May 2010

I am not sure were to even begin with this review of The Cove @ Atlantis. Let me start by saying, I have never asked for a manger at hotel i have stayed at nor had experience so bad that i felt the need to write a review. I have stayed here before and had superb service which you expect when you pay $700 plus a night, things have changed for the worse. I came here with my best friend to get away and relax. I travel 200 plus days a year, been to all 7 continents, and this has been the worst experience to date and will be my last to THE COVE.

Upon arrival, no one greeted us and no one helped us with our luggage. I had to ask the front desk at check in to have some one help me with my luggage. I have never had this happen at a luxury hotel. Those of you who know luxury hotels, know that the bell boy greets you upon arrival and gives you claim check for luggage to give to front desk at check in and the bags are delivered shortly after, well not at the COVE!

It took 45 minutes and me asking three times to get two shots of patron while at lunch by the adult pool. $150 for lunch (2 Miami vices, one cheeseburger, one turkey sandwich, and appetizer, and 2 shots) and I couldn't get service. I went to the Lagoon Bar & Grill on Atlantis side and had lunch yesterday and had the best service and lunch came out to $50. Another reason to skip the COVE!

At the adult pool. in the past, the guys who give out the towels, would come set them up for you, now they just hand them to you for you to do. Also, they want an additional $100 for day bed, which i never have paid in past. I had to finally get up and go find a server, asked for three things: an ashtray, menu, and a Miami Vice. I never got the ashtray and I guess she thought I just wanted to read the menu because she never came back to see if I wanted to order anything. I had to track down another server to order food. Common sense tells you when you serve someone food you give them silverware and napkin. This took an additional 15 minutes to get after they brought me my food. I had to track down yet ANOTHER server to get my bill.

I came back to room and decided to book some spa appointments. Well after calling twice and getting no answer, I just walked down to spa to do.
Also wanted to book snorkel trip for my friend, called multiple times, transferred me I don't even know how many times, to tell me that I couldn't book over the phone I had to go do in person. I did this & Blue Adventure was a good time, but how hard was it for them to take my name down and tell me to come early to fill out paperwork on phone, instead of me walking across property to find the guys with blue shirt for him to do.

MESA @ Cove- fabulous time, great food & service!

Decided to go to the casino after a wonderful dinner at Mesa, well lets just say it was about 30 minutes before a waitress came by to ask for drink orders. Well, that was the last time I ever saw one. I stopped gambling because I couldn't get a drink. I had one drink in 2 hours of gambling.

At the bar in Cove, they came around and asked for last call. We put our order in & they brought us our drinks. Five minutes later a waitress came out to tell us she needs our glasses back and she was going to put them in to go cups and asked if we would leaving from the patio stairs or the front door. I told her, that if I couldn't finish my drink, that I wanted my money back. We both had full drinks! She then took her comment back and let us enjoy our last drink, so we thought. Shortly after, some lady comes to the patio door entrance and says they are closed and locked the doors. Keep in mind one drink is around $15. I have no problem with the cost as long as I get friendly service, but this place is horrific.

I asked for a hotel manager to speak to finally, well she could not even look me in the eyes, she said sorry and she would talk to them tomorrow. Well, nothing has changed. This is the worst service I have ever had and I have been to all 7 continents! I keep waiting for Ashton Kutcher to come out with a TV camera and tell me i have been punked. Also 15% gratuity is included on every bill & not 1% has been deserved to anyone at THE COVE.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank kingissy
Reviewed 27 April 2010

I just got back from the Cove at Atlantis and would love to go back. I might stay at the REEF, but definitely not at the main part of Atlantis unless I had a family. The adult pool was great...some time the music got to be too much. The COVE is beautiful and exudes a tranquil and peaceful vibe. It is quite expensive...food and drinks are very expensive. I don't know why, but I guess they figure if you are willing to pay the cost you have the money to spend. This is definitely a splurge and fortunately, I got a discount to stay there.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2010

I don't even know where to begin. I'll start by thanking God that I'm at home now.

For starters, I am not typically a complainer. I've never asked to speak with a manager and am the type of person that just "rolls with it" when a waiter gets my order slightly wrong.

Now, on to the Cove. Our friends and travel agent warned us against how busy it would be, but my wife and I decided to go ahead because we thought it might be "fun". We went during April, which is peak season. Our rates were 4 nights get the 3rd free at a price of $750/night {BE WARNED, $750/night does not include the $25 "utility service fee" or the $12 "housekeeper tip" or the $53 hotel tax that they automatically add on}...so, more like $840/night. We did not have a meal plan. I outline this because it is an important piece of my issue with The Cove.

Upon arrival, we go to registration, confirmation number in hand showing that we had a "Resort Deluxe Suite - King Bed" reserved. The lady at registration informed us that they no longer had King Beds available, but she'd be more than happy to put us in a Queen. I'll now mention this bit of information, my wife is pregnant.....sleeping in a King sized bed is a must for us. So, after mentioning this key piece of information and asking to speak to her manager, 20 minutes later, they miraculously produced a room with a King sized bed. However, this "suite" was on the Atlantis side with the water slide noise and kids screaming....we did not complain about this as it was somewhat expected when going to Atlantis.

Later that evening, we pushed the button on the phone called "Restaurant Reservations". The lady on the phone insisted that we tried the Mosaic Buffet. We ate the buffet. It was mediocre, but I was happy...until we received the bill. In addition to the buffet, I had 1 drink...my pregnant wife drank lemonade. Bill: $174....after the mandatory 15% gratuity added in despite very little service.

Fuming, we went to bed.

The next morning we woke up thinking it was a brand new day. Again, we mulled over which restaurants we wanted to eat at, and decided to get some advice from the friendly "Restaurant Reservation" button. After a few unhelpful phone calls, my wife and I finally called back in to and told the lady that we were ready to make reservations. Her response, in a very tacky tone, was "Go ahead". Without responding, I hung up, and set up a meeting with the hotel manager, Kerry.

Kerry and the personal concierge he assigned us named Lavette were the only 2 employees in that God forsaken hotel that actually had the decency to help us. Kerry apologized for the "nonchalant" behavior and Lavette helped us make our reservations.

I can go on and on but I'll highlight at this point as my wife wants to watch Lost....

- DO NOT EAT DINNER AT MOSAIC "The most overly priced buffet in the world"
- The lady at the sundries shop....I ended up trying to cheer her up after she got off her upsetting cell phone call
- The maid service called the day of our checkout to ask when we were planning on leaving
- GENERAL RUDE BEHAVIOR BY EVERYONE (save my two saviors Kerry and Lavette and the Life Guards)

In summary, I would never suggest The Cove to anyone that I know. If it were priced at $250/night...maybe. But they hold themselves out as an exclusive resort, and it is far from exclusive. Your money is better spent elsewhere.

6  Thank D2Dogs
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 36 in Nassau
1 mi away
The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas
The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons R...
#7 of 14 in Paradise Island
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas ...
#2 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!