“Wonderful accept the food prices - and watch the bill!”

Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Cleveland, Ohio
“Wonderful accept the food prices - and watch the bill!”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We had two rooms with us and three teenage boys. The rooms were nice with an ocean view. The entertainment was good accept that they "ran out" of spots for the Dolphin swim that was included with the package we purchased.

The food was crazy expensive. We finally found (its a big place) a small counter where you can get hamburgers and french fires for a reasonable price.

After we returned I discovered that the they had charged me an additional significant amount of money the day after we departed. I spent a lot of time trying to reach someone in accounting. They were all very pleasant but it seemed that no one could help. Luckily I am type "A" so I have retained all my paperwork. I provided this to American Express and they eventually removed the extra charge.

Room Tip: Get an "ocean view", the upgrade to "Ocean Front" is not worth the money.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (774)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Our trip to Atlantis was wonderful. The property was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The cost of food and drink is expensive and 15% is always included. The Mesa Grill was fantastic.

The only negative was the age old tradition of saving pool chairs with towels. The pools opens at 9AM and people begin to save chairs around 8AM. The slides do not open until 10AM. The pool staff took advantage of this by placing towels on many chairs and then selling them to guests for tips. They actually removed guest items (shirts, sun screen, and hats) and gave those chairs to someone willing to tip for the privilege. This activity was more prevalent at the busier pools like the Mayan Temple Pool where many families gathered. You need to protect your turf during the busy seasons.

2 Thank SupplyChain
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We just returned from a 5 night stay at the Coral Towers. Having previously stayed at the Royal Towers a couple of years ago, we decided we'd try the less expensive option this time. We were very happy with our choice. In comparison to our experience at the Royal Towers, we preferred our room at the Coral Towers. It was pretty much what we expected. We had a great location overlooking the stingray area with a spectacular view of the entire resort. Our room was very clean, did not have a musty odor (room in Royal Towers had awful odor), the beds were comfortable, and the location was great! I would recommend the Coral Towers over the Royal Towers any day. For anyone expecting a Ritz Carlton experience, I'm not sure you'll find it at the Atlantis. Maybe if you stay in The Cove. But if you're looking for a fun family vacation, you can't beat the Atlantis!!

Room Tip: Request a recently renovated room.
1 Thank LyaChow
spacecoast
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Just got back from 4 nights in Coral Towers at Atlantis with my teenage son. We had such a great trip - there was so much to do. The weather was awesome. Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the stingray area - very cool. We really enjoyed the view. The room itself was okay - the bathroom needed work - weak shower, slow draining tub. The noise from families going down the hallways early in the am was awful.

Stay as far away from the elevator as you can to avoid this. The hallways also need a paint job and fresh carpet.

That said, we'd go back in a heartbeat. We did the stingray adventure (fun!), paddleboarding (fun!) and hung out at the beach, pools, lazy river, and the more exciting rapids/water tower river ride. At night, we enjoyed walking around everywhere, especially the marina area - you can walk by all the yachts which was awesome.

We did the value dining plan and that worked for us non-foodies.

Room Tip: Fourth floor overlooking stingrays was nice. Stay as far away from elevator so you don't hear ha...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I came here with my wife for a conference and we extended our stay a few days. From the moment we arrived on the property, it was obvious that the staff did not care about customer service. They truly are just here for a paycheck and make it very clear through their attitude. I realize that what we all want is a paycheck, but in the hospitality industry, where the options are many, the staff makes or breaks a property. The staff broke this property.

The housecleaning is done in a way that makes you laugh. The clean around all of your clothes and do the bare minimum. Simple things like replacing shampoos aren't done.

The bedroom door doesn't close on its own and many times I came back to my room to find it open. It WILL close, but you have to pull tight. The ceiling above the shower is leaking and you can see the formation of mold.

The water out of the faucet smells like sewage and for an entire day during our stay, there was no hot water. I complained and the maintenance person left the water on for 5 minutes until it got hot...

The property is nice and has great amenities. There is a lazy river and another river which is less lazy that are fun. The beaches are nice if you ignore the aggressive jet ski operators. There are sharks throughout the property and you lose yourself watching them swim around. That was a nice plus that I wasn't expecting.

For how expensive this property is, I'm amazed that management doesn't do more to train their staff in basic customer service. I just saw a little boy try to order a hot dog and the woman told him that the kitchen was closed and continued her conversation with her coworker. Did I mention that he had been waiting for a few minutes before she bothered to speak with him?

Suffice it to say, we won't be back and a planned trip to Atlantis Dubai is also being changed because of my fear that I'll have to deal with this again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I traveled here in march 2012 with my cousins and my sister with the sole intention of getting our drink on for 7 days straight, and this hotel fit our needs very well. most of the people that we met in the elevator and in the hallways were either in their mid twenties, or were there with families. as for the general pricing of everything, i was prepared to spend and arm and a leg while i was at atlantis, but the prices are very similar to what i pay in jersey. i took a lot of cash with me, and only brought one credit card, and that was a mistake!! a lot of the restaurants and bars only take credit cards or room cards, so activate your credit cards for international use. for reference, i was there for 7 days, and i spent almost exactly $500 on food, drink, and souvenirs. we had some trouble with our reservation, so be sure to bring all of your paperwork with you for check-in. being on the resort is like being in disney world- its insanely clean. i think one of the public restrooms by the pool is cleaner that the bathroom in my apartment!!

ROOM: We were on the fourth floor facing beach tower, and our balcony was great- we saw nothing but palm trees :) our room was plenty large enough for 4 girls, even with all of our stuff. our bathroom was nice and clean- we had plenty of towels and soaps every day. one thing that we were disappointed about was that we did not have a fridge- you have to pay extra for that, and why pay when you can fill the bathrub with ice!? the plugs are the american kind, there are lots of them, and the hairdryer worked well. the bed was really comfy, and the pillows were appropriately smushy.

LOBBY: the lobby is gorgeous!! a lot of hand painted tile and aquatic detailing...there are lots of places to sit. the bellhops and taxi coordinators are super friendly and helpful. it gets a little loud and rowdy during the nighttime, but its really nice during the day. there is a photo desk there where you can order prints of photos taken of you by atlantis employees. we did the dolphin adventure, and the photos were a lot cheaper in the coral towers lobby than they were in the dolphin cay gift shop, hint hint. there is a bar and a breakfast buffet (with muffins and croissants, not bacon and omelets) in the lobby in the morning, neither of which we used, but they are there.

POOL: the pool closest to coral towers is the blu pool. while we were there they were doing some kind of trashy spring break contest for the whole week, so it wasnt very family friendly. i dont know if it was the week that we were there, or if the pool is like this all the time, but all of the people at that pool were partying, so that worked for us, but might not work for everyone else. there is waitress service at the pool. the bar closet to the blu pool only takes credit and room cards, so leave your cash, or walk 10 min to the nearest cash bar. if you sit by the waterfall you cant really hear the music or trashy spring break contests going on.

BEACH: the water is pretty rough, we only went in on the last day we were there. there are lifeguards. we got to the beach around 9 and we were able to get lounge chairs w umbrellas. if you leave to go to lunch or the restroom, guard your lounge chairs with your life! there was a cruise trip there the day we went, and the chair attendent who helped us out when we first arrived told us to load our chairs up with stuff so it looked like we were in the water because chair theft is a problem, haha. there are vendors that you can buy drinks and trinkets from, and there are hair braiding stations by the entryways, but the stuff is crazy expensive and the vendors arent really interested in lowering their prices very much. you can also rent jetskis, but i heard quite the argument between a jetski vendor and a customer about the time they were using the jetski, so watch yourself. you can also buy weed from the jetski guys.

FOOD: like i said before, i thought the pricing was reasonable for food and drink on the resort. we went to the atlas bar, bimini road, the outdoor restaurant by the blu pool (i forget the name), johnny rockets, sharkbites, the food stand by the bridge (forget that name too). the service at atlas and bimini rd was really really really good. im planning to write seperate reviews for the eateries.

WATERPARK: fun!! i saw a couple of injuries on the not-so-lazy river though. the lifeguards are hilarious- all they do all day is hit on girls!! its very clean, and thats coming from a person who thinks waterparks are the grossest thing ever. i found out that people not staying at atlantis pay something $120 a head to use the waterpark, and that is not worth it.

DOLPHINS: we had so much fun! the facility is beautiful and clean and you can tell that the dolphins living there are well cared for and loved. the dolphin trainers work in pairs- one interacts mainly with the dolphin and the other one talks with the guests. be sure to wear your hair up, but hair got half wet in the pictures, and they are not too hot.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank im_a_t0urist
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This is my 4th visit to Atlantis and worst stay yet. The room was average size with a very nice view but not very clean. I had to wipe down dirty drawers before putting clothes in. Remote was filthy bathroom was very small, dirty (hairy) corners and toilet was broken had to put hand in slimy, smelly tank to flush. Tub did not drain well had to take a shower with water over your feet. Told the front desk and housekeeping numerous times but did not fix or move me. They did end up taking $50 off my bill at check out but I would have rather had a working toilet. Overall Coral towers has gotten very tired, time for a renovation. It was always a little pricey but it has gotten worse. There is a 15% gratuity added to EVERYTHING. I understand adding it to sit down meals but when I have to wait in line for 45 minutes for 2 slices of pizza that is not acceptable. Be willing to spend over $4 for a small bottle of water $7 for a can a beer and over $10 for each mixed drink. Also bring your appetite to breakfast considering you WILL pay $98 for it (2adults/2 kids under 11). What I did not know was that even though the beach looks like it would belong to Atlantis it is in fact a public beach (which was told to me). I found pieces of glass from broken beer bottles and cigarette butts also there are some sketchy characters who will harass you to rent a jet ski, etc and I was not at all happy with the amount of swearing that went on (between men) in front of my children and when I spoke up I was called an f*in B in which I pack all of my belongings and left the beach never to return the rest of the week. I don't see myself running back to Atlantis anytime soon.

1 Thank Nancy S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!