“Incredible beach front hotel”

Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel has amazing facilities and and awesome beach front location. The staff are friendly and are always willing to help with directions or anything else. The food in the restaurants is top class and varied for different tastes. There is a childrens club where you can leave the kids to be entertained while you have some quiet time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 May 2013

My family has been to many resorts but this one surpasses them all. Everything you could possibly want from recreation for the kids to recreation for the adults all in one location. The hotel is beautiful, as are the grounds. The staff is great, from when you get out of your car to enter the hotel, to the front desk, to the cleaning people and anyone and everyone working at the hotel are friendily and always cherrful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool area on an upper floor. You get a view of the grounds and the ocean...
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed at Atlantis before - twice at Royal Towers, once at Beach Towers and Twice at Coral Towers. Our favorite place is Coral Towers. It is very close to eating places like Anthony's grill and Market Place. Everything was just perfect to make our vacation really relaxing and enjoyable.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

We travelled May 7th thru 13th,and were booked into the Beach Tower. AT check in we were upgraded to the Coral Tower Villas....nice and perfect location, right beside the beach tower pool and the ocean. This is where we spent most of our time so the location was perfect!! I

We all loved ever second of this holiday. Staff were extremely friendly and efficient! I have never felt so welcomed in my life. We never would have been able to afford this holiday, as it was priced extremely high...I won a travel voucher and we put it towards this trip!

The lagoons and marine life were amazing. We watched the sharks daily, and went to see Athena several times, she is an 11 ft wide sting ray by the Royal Towers. Our rooms were spotless, and the staff went out of their way to greet our children

Ate a lot at Seagrapes, Market Place as the kids liked the buffets, I loved Mesa Grill and would marry Bobby Flay just to have him cook steaks for me! Seafire was also fabulous! The Marina had boats the size of I don't know what there...never seen a boat that size before!!\

We also went to the Dolphin Encounters at Blue Lagoon, again...words cannot describe how we felt.

Only one disappointment was that when we went to dinner on my daughters birthday they were singing happy birthday to someone else (older) so my youngest daughter asked the waiter if they could sing to Ray, she asked several times and we eventually left with out a birthday song...she was disappointed and fairly sad...felt bad for her..

But everything else was perfect...absolutely perfect!!!

Room Tip: Loved the location of the lagoon rooms, they were a wee walk from the hotels and all the action...
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed for 6 nights at the Coral towers VIP suite. We have travelled to many different luxury family resorts throughout the Caribbean with our four children. The experience was very far from VIP and not a good value.

The good: (1) rooms are large and clean, (2) the waterpark has great rides, multiple types of slides for various ages, variety of pools, (3) weather is great, (5) airport is small and easy to navigate, (6) the aquarium is beautiful and the grounds are well maintained.

The bad: as nice as the physical location is, the service and staff are far from it.

1) Early check in. We booked early arrival a week in advance and was assured all was in order. We arrived at 12pm as scheduled but the room was not ready. After multiple misinformations from the annoyed rep, we left for lunch, and room was still not ready an hour later. While I went to get a manager, they sent my wife and 4 young children into the bell room to get clothes from their bags so they could go outside to the beach and asked them to change in the bell room. That was inappropriate. I learned from others, this happened to them. Should have room ready on time (ours wasnt until 4 pm, 4 hours post) or at least provide a room for changing.

2) Room repairs. The room itself was nicely appointed and laid out. There were repair issues: (a) some dresser drawers would not stay closed and the younger children got poked by corners. (b) Wire from the tv was hanging loose rendering remote non-functioning and a child hazard. (c) Lock on one of sliding doors to balcony did not work creating hazard of children going out unsupervised. Took 3 requests and 3 days for this to be corrected.

3) Dolphin. This is a waste of money. It looked good, and bought tickets for the kids ($100 per with the discount) and you stand in the water for 10 minutes and let a dolphin swim under your hand. To make it worse, when I got there the young lady at the counter informed me since the kids were under 10 I had to buy a ticket too and advised "You were told that." Obviously I wasn't and this was not the right way to find out. Later I saw the bill and was charged $130 rather than the discounted rate. The VIP desk said they didn't know what to do and put me on with the Dolphin manager. She was very rude and barked that we underpaid her for the 2 additional kid tickets. I explained the VIP package but she advised she had no idea of how that worked - so Florida corporate and VIP desk and Dolphin manager could not communicate between themselves and tried to put the customer who just invested $400 into petting a dolphin for 10 minutes in the middle.

4) Wifi. The free wifi never worked. On night 1 I set it up but it didn't work. 2nd night I was on with tech support but they couldn't get it to work. Same for night 3 - his suggestion was to stand out on the balcony since reception wasn't so good in Coral towers. How can that be?

5) Waterpark. The waterpark is likely the largest draw for the resort and it is wonderful. The staff is less so. While some were very friendly and kind, others seemed miserable to be at work that day. Often we saw groups of water staff congregating by the restrooms, while not a real issue, when some of the groups of young men were trading stories with foul language in front of my young children, that was a problem. At the top of the jungle slide one day my son was waiting in line with my wife. The young lady supervising the slide was chatting with a friend and forgot about the line. My wife asked if it was ok for my son to go now, which apparently offended the young lady, who then refused to let him on claiming he was too short (he is 49" tall so its a non-issue) and asked them to leave. When measured she angled the card down to say he was "just a bit under." I had to find the water manager, who measured my son and gave him a band acknowledging he was tall enough. Safety is a given, but nastiness has no place in the resort.

6) Service Level. The service around the resort was consistently inconsistent. Some places had service commensurate with the resort, such as Mosaic and Seagrapes restaurants, the staff at the raceway, many of the lifeguards. In many places it was poor, as if they were obviously unhappy to be working that day and with a poor attitude.

7) Cost. The room rates and air are expensive but not terrible, but once on site the costs are unusually high. Food is several hundred per day. That is not a typo. We ate at the buffets, which were nice and clean and had a good variety but the rate is $150-$200 for breakfast and $250-$300 for dinner. Lunch by the beach is $15 for a bad sandwich and a soda. Every activity is the same - climb the rockwall $15 for one try, raceway $25 per kid for 10 minutes. About a dozen of our friends went to Atlantis and all of us averaged about $2k per night, with everything.

I do not expect any resort to be perfect, but with a high cost and so many issues that were resolved slowly or not at all is terrible. I brought this to managements attention on site and got minimal results. When we got home I got in touch with corporate headquarters. It took them 6 weeks to respond, confirmed the problems, and offered a refund of several hundred dollars, which helps, but didn't make the headache or cost worth it.

Room Tip: Royal is central, but crowded. Coral and Beach are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AC06830
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Without a doubt, our best vacation ever. No comparison. Travelled with our two boys aged 9 and 8. Literally something for everyone. Stayed at Coral Towers and had semi water view. Rooms were very good size and had all we needed. Clean, nice towels. Nothing fancy but we didn't spend a lot of time here anyway. Waterpark was so amazing. Prior to this, my kids were a bit hesitant about some bigger slides but these were all amazing! I even went down a few times and I don't like rides. Lazy river isn't as lazy as you think. Just be careful as there was an injury while I was there (a few fools decided to hold hands going down rapids. They refused to let go and they bumped into older man who tipped and hit his head on rock. Lifeguard was amazing though). Just use common sense, that's all. Not a moment of boredom for anyone...and that can be tough for a week in the same place for kids. Food portions were VERY large so just be aware. After the first day, we just ordered 2 meals for the 4 of us...one for kids to share and one for adults to share. And many times there were still leftover. You'd spend a fortune on food otherwise. We also went to famiy time at Club Crush and got caught up on emails and could go online. Small cover charge $20 for up to 5 family. Kids could play video games, watch movie, access Internet. We all needed some out of sun time so this was perfect! Service we encountered everywhere was superb. This is ideal for families or couples, NOT rowdy spring-breakers. We had so much fun we are going back again. I booked second trip, less than a month after we returned from first trip. It was THAT great. Go for evening walk at Harbour...so beautiful. Really looking forward to our next visit! Nothing bad to say at all.

Room Tip: Bring suitcase of some snacks if travelling with kids. It can get pricey otherwise. Pizza place is t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Coral Tower for a week, and we had the time of our lives. However, absolutely none of that can be attributed to the quality of service that we were given. 90% of the staff hates their job, and they make no effort whatsoever to conceal that fact. However, they go on to not only resent their own career, but attempt to ruin any prospect of guests having fun, particularly guests under the age of thirty. On our first night, we were legitimately harassed and threatened by the floor staff that walked around patrolling the hallways looking for any reason to create conflict with other people. When we clearly explained that we had no intention of causing any trouble, and that this was a misunderstanding, we were screamed at with profanity-laced rants by a group of four staff members, two men and two women. The land itself is so beautiful and has an immense amount of potential, and I can only wonder how amazing of an experience we would have had if the the hotel staff had received even the SLIGHTEST amount of training in the field of customer service. DON'T GO HERE FOR SPRING BREAK!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#6 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!