The Coral at Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Comfort Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$341
US$325
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$1,567
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$367
US$320
US$726
  • Beachfront
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$238
  • Beachfront
The Royal at Atlantis, Autograph Collection(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$614
HotelsClick
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,708 results
All reviewscoral towersmeal planwater parkbeach towerlazy riverroyal towersmarina villageblu pooldunkin donutswater viewnurse sharksdining planbimini roaddolphin cayper personfish fryliquor store
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Atlantis has everything you could want in a resort and probably tons more that you never thought of, but as with everything it comes at a price.

This was my second time at the Atlantis – the first time was seven years ago and I stayed in the Beach Tower. This time I took a step up and stayed in the Coral Tower. I could have afforded to stay in the Royal Tower, but as the old adage says, “how much time do you spend in your room?” I travel alone so I probably spend a bit more time in the room than your average family, but with all that the Atlantis has to offer, why would I want to? To be honest, I’m glad I didn’t spend the extra money on the Royal Tower because god knows I spent it elsewhere in the resort. The Coral Tower is older, but don’t equate that with run down, it’s just not flashy. The room was spotless and I had a nice view of the resort and ocean. I wouldn’t say the décor was dated, but more Caribbean versus modern. I found the Coral Tower to be a bit quieter in comparison to the Royal Tower, in contrast, every time I walked through the Royal Tower it was mobbed with people.

Everything in the resort is expensive and it doesn’t help that it’s an island and everything needs to be shipped/flown in. Sticker shock sets in fairly quickly, but you may as well suck it up and take it for a ride because there’s soooo much to see and do, so there’s no sense stressing over it. Loved the Aquadventure section and would go back to do more things if I could. Lots of food choices throughout the resort – some good, some not so much. Lots of places for you to throw down a towel and relax whether it be by a pool, the ocean, or their little man made lagoon – whatever floats your boat that day.

It’s worth noting that no matter where I went the staff was friendly and extremely helpful. I can imagine they must come across some real jerks and yet they always had a smile and a friendly “hello.” To me that makes a huge difference when on vacation. The Atlantis is definitely worth a visit, but be prepared to spend big $$$.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NJdudette
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The resort looks dated and the rooms have quite a bit of wear and tear. Coral Towers look to be the oldest. Disappointing that so many cruise ship people are all over the resort, EVERY day. They arrive early in the morning already, as I would head out to grab coffee at Dunkin Donuts, just a short walk from the lobby every morning, and the cruise ship buses would already be pulling in with their guides waving their flags. They would take over the walkways, gawk at the casino so you couldn't walk through the aisles, take pictures everywhere, just annoying. And that made for long lines at all of the slides, which we pay a daily resort fee to use. The daily fees and taxes and service charges are ridiculous. I've traveled all over the Caribbean, most recently to St John, and this was by far my least favorite trip. Restaurant food is also way over priced and we ate at the resort every night. I would not visit again and I would not recommend, spend your money at a much classier resort that is more accommodating and luxurious, without all the cruise ship crowds.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Micheled7
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Never written a review before, but since the ones I read helped me plan for my trip, here are my comments....Just got back from Atlantis today (6 days / 5 nights) and it is definitely a beautiful place. My family of 4 (2 adults, 16yr old, and 12yr old) decided to save some money by staying at the "value" Coral Tower hotel and spend extra for the better restaurants. This was definitely the right choice for us. The rooms are just average and dated, but it didn't bother us since we spent most of our time out by the pool, beach, or out on excursions. When we were in the room, we had the balcony door open. With the warm sun, beautiful view, sounds of waterfalls and birds, nobody thought twice about the accommodations. We were just enjoying the experience together as a family. However ask for a higher room for a better view, we were on the 8th floor and it was perfect. Prices are indeed ridiculous, but it was anticipated. We bought several bottles of water at the airport before our flight and bought small travel sized sunscreen at Target. Large bottle of water at the hotel was $7, sunscreen was 30...yes thirty dollars and you will need plenty of it. Just 2 blocks outside of the hotel lobby is a small shopping strip. There's a Dunkin Donuts, Anthony's restaurant, and a gift shop that has sunscreen for $15. To get into the better restaurants, you need to make reservations 1 week before your trip. We ate at Virgils, Seafire, Olives, Casa D'Angelo, and Bimini Road. Food was very enjoyable, but ask about the portions, some are pretty large and can be shared with a child. We brought a bunch of snacks (cereal, crackers, chips, etc) from home, which help saved $$ by the poolside / beach. A deck of cards and a ball made the day by the pool more fun. They give out free bottles of water after your Dolphin Cay and Sea Lion adventure, so remember to take one! Last advice is that 15% gratuities are AUTOMATICALLY INCLUDED in your bill, keep that in mind to avoid over tipping. We have no regrets from our trip thanks to the helpful hints and reviews of other travelers.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and facing the ocean. They are all water views, but some face the harbor.
5  Thank Maggie C
Reviewed 17 April 2014

ROOMS AND ARRIVAL
I've read many of the reviews of Atlantis Coral Towers. Those that said the rooms need updating, I have to disagree. When we arrived before 4 PM, our room was ready and as promised water view room with a just right sized balcony view of the ocean, Mayan Temple, Flower Tower, basically all of the water park, all beaches, top side view of sting ray tank I found relaxing each day watching them being fed by families, the Coral Pool, the post card iconic Royal Towers and beyond that The Cove. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom looked more newer than older. And overall were very clean. Just next to the Coral Towers was a Hampton Inn that for 1/2 the price with breakfast and the same use of amenities for 1/2 the price of room at Coral Towers. Only difference is you are not on the ocean and need to walk a but more each day to pool and beach. Although it has its own pool, No direct access to Coral pool and/or beaches. We love an ocean view room, so that's why we stayed with Coral Towers.

CORAL TOWERS POOL VS. OTHER HOTELS AT ATLANTIS
When leaving the room, we had en elevator close to The Coral Pool and library that we found very convenient. When comparing our pool to the other pools, ours was much larger, less crowded playing great music perfect for relaxing and fun time with the family. The other pools were filled with those going to water park as well as mostly those visiting for the day from cruise ships. (IMO...way too many people from cruise ships come here, but they don't settle at Coral Towers. Nice! ) When comparing the type of people in each of the pools, ours had the less 'trashy' group. For some reason, my wife and I agreed that the other pools, although attached to the more costly hotels, contain a different element of people that reminded us of over crowded Marriott timeshare locations. If you've been to them, you'll know what I mean. To help clarify, the other pools were much too crowded, way too much garbage laying around (no one understands how to use Garbage cans), everyone looks very drunk (that's sometime a good thing if not with family ... ), the music is very loud and nothing but club music all day which I love both but when with a family and you're trying to somewhat relax, the loud consistent pounding music wears on us, and in general just too many people from cruise ships. Coral Towers Pool was the perfect location for our family of four with kids ages 9 and 7.

BEACH
The Coral Towers Pool is very close to the Coral Beach. At Atlantis overall, there's at least 3 beaches. The Coral Beach, The Cove Beach and one other. Both Coral and Cove are narrow but long. They get a bit crowded with beach chairs but they have people working there to set you up, so no need to worry about reserving a chair or moving them a far distance. You should give the guys a tip for setting you up. We loved taking the kids to both since they each had their own unique characteristics. The Coral Beach was closer to our hotel and on the ocean which allowed me and the kids to tackle the rougher surf and swim in with the waves. Reminded us of The NJ Beaches. The other, was a cove with very calm waves. Went snorkeling here. Was great.

WATERPARK
We're thrill seekers so we loved this waterpark. Leap of a Faith and The Abyss were the best water slides I've ever been on. We love speed. These slides added an extra thrill since they provide a free fall at first so you're literately not touching a slide for a short time. NICE! The tube river was fun too. Only downside was all those coming from the cruise ships. If you hit the slides after 4 PM (the time after cruise shippers head back to their ship) you can go on the rides over and over again with very little to no line at all. Leap of Faith goes through a shark tank which is unique to any park I've been to. The Abyss is a mix of steepness, light, dark and sound. You don't know what's going to happen next. What a thrill!

FOOD
Yes. Some restaurants are expensive. The Harbor Mall with many restaurants within walking distance to Coral Tower. Seemed like other hotels had to walk here or shuttle. All of them are more expensive than NJ restaurants but the more formal ones similar in price to NYC restaurants, so we were not that surprised. Since we were with family we didn't go to Nobu, or any steak places. For Breakfast, we had Dunkin Donuts a number of times which was about the same price as at home. Highly recommend this for breakfast. Near DD was a great breakfast place called Anthony's with kids meals and 2 adults for about $50 for family of 4. For Dinners, we enjoyed Virgils one night (great ribs and chicken) with drinks for $150, Bimini Beach for dinner (great music fun waiters tropical atmosphere) for about $125. Johnny Rockets for under $100 and deli next to pizza place with delicious Matzoh Ball Soup and the best potato pancakes we've ever had in my life, dinner there about $100 too. During the day, just off the beach they have self serve ordering that gets you through the day. For $9 Hotdog, chips and drink. We brought snacks with us and powdered drink mix that we made there as well. You MUST do duty free for alcohol before you leave. Make your drinks in the room before you go out for the day. This is where they get you. They charge $14+ per drink. I don't recommend the meal plan unless you have older kids that eat 3 full meals a day. Our kids 9 and 7 never know what they want and most times never finish what they eat, so that's was why we avoided the meal plan. Even with larger kids, when you price it out it ends up being $100 pp/day ($400 day) for food. We spent way less than $400 a day. For family of 4 that has three full meals a day you could easily spend more than $400 a day.

SWIMMING WITH THE DOLPHINS
This was a memory of a lifetime. We did the shallow water dolphin excursion before 9 AM. If you do it before 9 AM, it's buy one get one free. For what you get in the end after another $100 in pictures, I highly recommend this route. Including pictures, before 9 AM, you're looking at about $100 pp. If you do it after 9 AM. $180 pp including pictures. When you look into the dolphin's eye so close up and get to pet them and get your picture with them, it's something you'll never forget.

CLOSING REMARKS
We will definitely be back in a few years when our kids are a bit older. It's like Disney. If you do Disney one year and go back the next, it's not the same. We feel that it's sometimes better to wait a few years for them to experience it at their next age level. With so many places to vacation, we will definitely be back in a few years. I highly recommend this hotel at this resort.

Room Tip: Coral Towers. Room 324 above floor 7 would be perfect. IE. 7-324, 8-324, 9-324, 10-324.
7  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We just returned from 5 days with our children and 2 grandchildren (2 and 8). I read the reviews so I knew what to expect pretty much.
Our room was on the third floor with a view of some trees and the lobby. Not much privacy! It was easy to use the steps to the lobby, though.The room was dated. The bureau had no handles and the spring action didn't work. People must have used everything trying to open it, it was scratched badly.. We had a fridge, but no microwave. There are no vending machines in the building, you have to use their store for such items. Also, there is only one fitness center for the entire resort at $15/ day. Ridiculous! I noticed dust in the return vent and after two days we found a wristband and a sandal under the bed.
Yes, the pools and lazy river rides were great for the kids. We also enjoyed the flora and fauna on the gorgeous property. The beaches were pretty and clean, though the water was too choppy to
swim. Most of the older adults hung out a the Blu pool. It was perfect for doing laps and never crowded. However, forget relaxing. They had a DJ who was blasting hip hop music at ear splitting decibels. Most pools were very loud, and by the Cove pool I heard a few F words blasting out. Kids on beach heard them as well. The snorkeling lagoon was murky and had hardly any fish. Don't bother!
We ate at Cafe D'Angelo the first night. It was tough getting early reservations anywhere! It was decent, but not worth the price. Good service, though. Virgil's was fun- we sat out by the manta rays and had pretty good barbecue. Portions are huge! We ate at Marina pizza one night, which was quite good. We enjoyed looking at the yachts in harbor. Twice we ate across the street at Anthony's, which was excellent. I brought a collapsible cooler and walked over the bridge to Potters Cay for fresh conk, great fish and mangoes. Don't be scared, all the locals eat there! I also packed pitas, hummus, tuna packets, crackers , salsa and Crystal Light mix to save on lunches.
I was really bothered by smoke in the Royal Towers. Other than that, it was fine elsewhere. We got good and friendly service all week, no complaints. The men loved the golf course as well.
We used Sandra's taxi service for our group and loved it! Great driver, pointed out things, etc. they got back to my emails in minutes.
We had a great time with family. The people at resort were well behaved, and we felt safe always. I don't think I would return, nor would I recommend it if you don't have kids. However, if your kids love water parks, they will be thrilled. We also hired the photographer and got some stunning pictures!

1  Thank LLindaC