Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Fourth time here and it's a money grab. Some of the complaints others have are a bit strong. The check in process and credit card holds are fine, but everything is a money grab. Two hours to eat at crappy bimini Road and the lines in the water park held up so they could make even more money taking pictures of people gong down a stupid water slide. They don't even do that efficiently. it's all just crap. Next time Hawaii. This is why I hate cattle herding vacation rests. It's all about $$$ and not for the customer.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We visited over the US Memorial Day weekend. It was our second time at Atlantis, but our first without children. On our first stay, we rented a timeshare from an owner over at Harborside. Since we gambled during our last visit, we called the casino department and received an offer to stay in the Coral Tower. It was a pretty good offer - two nights comped, two at $85 - so we jumped on it.

We first were given a Reef Wing room on the ground floor. We arrived at 9pm so weren't able to see the view, but the room itself smelled musty and didn't appear upgraded. We walked outside and were near some of the hotels many "ponds" which give off a decidedly pungent aroma. However, we were going to stick it out when we realized our slider door wouldn't lock or close fully. This obviously wasn't acceptable, so we trudged back to the front desk and requested a new room assignment.

We were given a 7th floor room in the main building, facing the island/harbor. It was a very large room, light and airy and fully upgraded. This was much, much better. My guess is that room quality varies widely in Coral Towers, so request a different room if you are given one that seems substandard.

Coral Tower is a busy place - it seems that most cruise ships get dropped off at Coral, as the lobby is quite busy all during the day and early evening. However, it is extremely convenient to Marina Village, the Casino and Dunkin' Donuts. Even though Royal Towers is nicer, I think Coral is more convenient, particularly if you want to go "off campus" for a quick bite at Dunkin' Donuts. It's also very easy to get to the Deli or pizza place for a late-night snack.

I liked it, we'd stay again. I think Royal is more convenient to the waterslides, however. Perhaps those traveling with small kids would find Coral to be a trek, but it is certainly adequate for a family.

Room Tip: Prefer main tower, make sure you request upgraded room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alw1977
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the Coral Towers June 2 - June 7. We were on the 10th floor and had an amazing view of the property and the ocean. We spent so much time on our balcony over looking the stingrays. This was our second time at Atlantis. Last year we stayed at the Comfort Suites across the street. I had debated staying there again but it was actually cheaper to stay on site this trip so that is what I did. Atlantis can be expensive but traveling rarely is cheap. My kids had a wonderful time and I consider it money well spent. We took advantage of the value meals at lunch around $10 a person (free drink refills). With two boys (8 and 6) we had pizza several nights. Our rooms were clean, starbucks coffee pods in the room. We will definitely be back. My kids prefer this over disney and so do I!

Room Tip: The higher the better worth extra $ to have water view. We spent a lot of time on our balcony.
2  Thank JPDAVIS
Reviewed 6 June 2014

As a mother of children that range in ages from 9 to 26, the Atlantis is a perfect family getaway. We all enjoyed the pools, waterslides, and the beautiful beach. My younger children enjoyed the Atlantis Kids Adventures, and my older kids loved the casino and the nightclub. It was a perfect place for us all to enjoy some time as a family. The down side to the Atlantis is the food is expensive....very expensive, and so are drinks and any thing else you will have to pay extra for, but someone has to pay for all the pools, the marine life, and all the beautiful plants, not to mention the resort is huge and I am sure heating and cooling the facility is not cheap. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. Looking forward to our return!!!

1  Thank MegC32063
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This resort is highly overrated.

Front desk did not have a room for us when we arrived and the gentleman told me to go use the hotel phone and see if one of the other towers had availability. Really?!? After we had a confirmed reservation, travelled many miles to get there, and had a tired/hungry family waiting in the wings.

Further, forget about ordering room service. Here's an example: $8 for a tiny bowl of blueberries (approximately 8). The expense of this place put a real damper on our vacation.

Plan on waiting in long lines for the popular activities.

Needless to say, our family will not be returning........

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I have to say that before me and my wife went to Atlantis that I was very skeptical as to what to expect after reading a lot of negative reviews. The staff was nothing but nice and helpful, the coral towers are not the fanciest but they are still very nice, the beds slept great and we slept soundly every night we were there, the cable wasn't great on the tv but who watches tv in the Bahamas anyway, the safe in the room was great and allowed you to set your own code to get in, we heard they charged for the fridge in the room but that did not...another note about the fridge is it doesn't start cooling until you put something in it..must have some kind of sensor, at night there is usually a singer in the lobby that sings a lot of classic hits, the grounds are beautiful and there is a lot to explore...even hidden bars in some of the caves, the cove beach was the best beach we went to and was less crowded...you also weren't bum rushed to rent a jet ski, some of the better places to eat we're shark bites by the pool (chicken sandwich is awesome) olives (great but very expensive) Anthony's in the shopping plaza was mid range priced and the conch burger was amazing...another thing to add to that is if you're over in the shopping plaza and want beer...a case of Sands light is the way to go for $38 because beer on site is $8 a beer, the grocery store there as a few things but not much (very small like a gas station). Sorry for the huge run on sentence lol but this is merely a brain dump and a review of what we experienced. Overall the trip was one of the best we've ever been on. One last note...going offsite wasn't bad at all, a taxi will run you around 15 into nassau and 15 back...but...you can haggle that price a little on you're return trip, also if you're in a group of four or more the price drops to around 4 a person, if you do go offsite to eat..Oh Andros is a must, don't let anyone talk you out of it because it is the best one in the fish fry...I would say Twin Brothers is prob second best and you get a free Bahamas Mama if you order a meal at Twin Brothers....but Oh Andros was better than any place we ate hands down. Nassau felt pretty safe, the straw market was very stressful but would still recommend the experience. Also don't pay attention to the weather...we had 90% chances of rain the whole stay and only saw rain once when we were leaving for the airport to come home. Enjoy your stay...this is an awesome place!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Adam I
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Atlantis, I have been there more than a few times. It is my favorite place to go, even if I come in from a cruise ship. It has NEVER disappointed me. I usually eat at Virgil's BBQ while I am there. The attractions there are awesome.The food is pricey, however I would recommend you hiring a taxi and go into Nassua - and walking around. It is nice, I have done this too, more than a few things.
Atlantis, I hope to see you this fall 2014 !

Room Tip: I would just say, The Atlantis does run specials and if you can book your room around that option.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#6 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!