“5 days/4 nights at Coral Towers”

Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Baltimore, MD
“5 days/4 nights at Coral Towers”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just got back from a good trip-first time to Atlantis. 3rd time to Bahamas. Loved all of the staff-they were so friendly. The fish and marine life were amazing. Gave us something to look at around every turn.

We had 2 adjoining rooms on the 6th floor in the lagoon wing of the Coral Towers. I wish we had booked Royal towers in retrospect. We had a 4 year old and 7 yr old with us and I thought the pools between beach and coral towers but the real action was over at aquaventure. staff said hotel was at 90+ occupancy but it did not seem full. minimal lines for the slides. jungle slide was closed the whole time-major bummer!

Food:We ate at Carmine's and Anthony's in Marina Village 2 nights-Carmine's was great. Huge portions-it was a bday dinner and a good choice-$200 for 3 adults and 2 kids. Anthony's was fine-acceptable-$100 for the group of 5. We did the buffet one night-$223 before drinks! Great selection but not really worth it unless you plan on putting away a lot of food. great birthday song though! We at at the grill at the Splashers pool every day which was awesome-about $50 per day. We usually did breakfast at Starbucks-$45 for 5 pastries/oatmeal and 3 lattes. We did buy some food in the Marina grocery store and kept water/drinks in the room fridge which helped. Packed a bunch of snacks for the kids for the between meals food. we also hit Due at the Ocean Club which was amazing! $200 for 2 of us. great food and views. a nice excursion off property by free shuttle-not tech. part of atlantis but they take room charge. gorgeous property.

Hit the movie theatre with the kids on a rainy afternoon which was cool-free. also did the speedway thing which they loved-that was $45 for 2 cars. about an hour long activity.

all in all a great trip. food is expensive but not as bad as we had feared. we avg'd $60 pp per day but we did not try to budget or be frugal. it could certainly be done for less. next time we will stay in royal towers! water view is worth it. be prepared to do lots of walking though wherever you stay. the place is huge and to see it all you need to walk. and take water shoes for the kids. we bought them on the 2nd day because our kids' feet were so scraped up from the hot sidewalks and so much swimming.

Room Tip: if your goal is the waterpark-choose royal towers!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank LSMBaltimore_MD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (776)
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our stay this June (in a party of 10) was our second time in 3 years. Once again we found it to be a fun, beautiful property that is a little too expensive for what you get. It looks like Atlantis is now catering to "day guests" from the two to seemingly ten cruise ships that are almost always in port. We were able to enjoy the waterpark in the morning, but by lunch everyday we all retreated to a quieter setting. The food and drinks are way overpriced for the quality, but I must admit we all enjoyed Virgil's BBQ which was under construction the last time we were there. Next time we will skip Olives. I had better fish at Anthony's across from the Marina and it was probably less than half the price with no table wait.

If you visit Atlantis bring snacks from home, buy liquor off-island, and if possible bring bottled water from home. A case of Zephyrhills bottles that cost $5 at Publix runs $45 in a Nassau grocery store. Single bottles of purified water were $7 at the Atlantis. Also, if you go, keep in mind that things run at Bahamian speed which is a little slower than I am used to and inversely relational to both quality and price. To get your favorite rum drink at the pool bar it will take 15 minutes in line and cost twice as much as it should (plus required gratuity), and if you don't tip further you get an insulted look from the bartender. I guess he never read the receipts he prints out all day to see that a service charge is already included.

All in all it is a beautiful property with a great waterpark and some amazing marine life, so go have fun!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SBrown33547
Tupelo, MS
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We won the trip through my wife's company, and although it was fun and relaxing, I think it was probably the most expensive free thing I've ever gotten. The room was what I would expect from a Super 8, not a luxury resort, and if I had been paying for it myself I would have been displeased. As it was, it was OK since we didn't really spend a lot of time in the room.

All of the restaurants and lounges seem to open and close at random hours (or even days), and if you do manage to find one open, you get to pay $10 or so for a beer and $15 for a burger. Then you get to sit around for 20 minutes with an empty glass because the servers don't come back to the table. And finally, when you get your bill, you get to pay a mandatory 15% gratuity for the "service" that looks like a tax if you aren't paying attention with a line below it for "additional gratuity." If I were the cynical type, I might think they were trying to trick people. I have a real problem with the mandatory gratuity on everything down to a scoop of ice cream. If it's mandatory, it's not a gratuity - it's a fee, and I don't like people assuming that their service is worth a tip. It's my decision to make, not the restaurant's.

That being said, everyone was super friendly and the atmosphere was great, which I suppose is what you are paying for. All of the pools were clean and fun, we had a nice visit to the spa, and everything was generally very relaxing. Outside of not being able to get a drink, we didn't have any problems with our visit. However, I think for the money I'd rather go to Vegas and have more options and get better service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Apison, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 June 2014

If you have never been the Atlantis Resort you have to go at some point in your life, its the perfect place for every age in your family. We stayed in the Dolphin Villa in the Coral Tower and its right on the beach and its door goes to outside, its a little bit of a walk but the view is worth it. The water park and casino are amazing and my favorite parts. There are tons of stuff for kids and the restaurants are expensive, but the food is amazing. the staff is awesome too, everyone is very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for Dolphin Vila if staying at Coral Towers, to me there's really no difference in staying a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were lucky enough to stay here through my husband's company. All I can say is they really know how to take care of their guests. From the moment we pulled up to the lobby we were treated in a pleasant and professional manner. There was a snafu at front desk with our room but was fixed promptly. We were traveling with our son who was just 15 months old. our room was clean and spacious. I must say everyone in that large resort seemed to know my small son, by name, no less, by the time we were leaving. All the staff seemed to genuinely care about you and your needs. The resort is beautiful with pools and lazy rivers. The Dig was the best kept my son entertained every day. The one negative i would say is room service. Astronomic for the simplest of breakfasts, for my son. Baby sitting and childcare, the staff are great and they try to keep you with the same person for your entire trip so my young son only had to adjust to one person not 3 different people. Overall I will go back again we want to take our older children with us next time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sarah R
Summerfield,NC
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed at the coral Towers. My first tip is if your staying in the 300 rooms is to pick the 320-330. avoid the odd number. we stayed in 9322. great view of the resort an the ocean. the room is average. the scene is great. you get to see the sting rays and the sharks plus a nice view of the ocen . avoid the odd number rooms we first stayed in 12305. that is a great view of the loading dock. the room is just a room but at the end of the day you want a nice view. also. every thing is a 15% gratutity. go to the paradise market. it is a 5 minute walk and you have a small market and a duty free liquor store. it is across from the marina market. everything is expensive. i suggest bring your own food and a hot plate. the lowest we paid for eating out a$40 for three people the resort is awesome. more to do than can be done in three days.

Room Tip: go to the duty free liquor store down the street. plus there is a market that is not a part of the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank onetime383
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Coral Towers is beautiful! The lobby area when you enter is grand! Everyone will greet you, and the front desk staff is always professional and willing to help. The grounds around the Coral Towers is just gorgeous, and one of my favorite walks! The landscaping is lush, and welcoming and is a perfect spot for an early morning quiet stroll. The pool at Coral Towers is quite large and laid out really well, plus there is a great lunch spot called Brats n' Balls right near the pool. That place is a must get for lunch!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#6 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!