Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
“Waterpark”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We had such a blast!! Right next to our hotel we were able to pay for the day to go to the waterpark. Awesome rides but I chickened out and didn't do the Leap of Faith. Too scary lol. Lots of walking so be prepared. Aquarium was nice to walk through. They don't take cash at the park so if you want food you need to use a credit card. It was $150.00 for adults and kids up to 12 was $80.00. Beautiful time with my family and can't wait to go again next year for my 40th birthday.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (772)
  • Turkish first
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2014

First, my vacation was great. However, when I booked my room, I picked the Coral Towers for location. When I arrived, the lineup to check in was ridiculous. Also, the person checking us in was not very cheerful or informative. She gave us the directions to our room and we were on our way. When we FINALLY got to our room, it was in the Beach Tower area. The manager and staff were insistent that it was apart of the Coral Towers. Don't be fooled. The room was blah and the lock was broken. Took them 12 hours to fix lock (only because I called to remind them). Staff, in general, were not as welcoming, helpful, friendly as I thought they would be.

Room Tip: Say no to villas
5 Thank A I
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed at Coral Towers at the Atlantis resort last February. Staying at Atlantis was a unique experience with lovely beaches . It's a paradise for kids. But I think Coral towers doesn't deserve 4 stars . Rooms need updating and the lobby smells bad. I would definitely return to Atlantis but probably not to Beach towers .

• Stayed February 2014
Toronto
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed stayed at the Coral Tower Villas. Accommodations were fine. Nothing special but reasonable for the price. Overall Atantis is unique for the kids as the waterparks and aquariums we one of a kind. I found the drinks and foods to be overpriced. Surprisingly the service was poor. Many of the staff was unpleasant and curt. A few employees were were excellent but overall the service well below average. We enjoyed our stay but once is enough for me,

MD
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife, son and I stayed 5 nights at the Atlantis, in the Coral Towers. We were in an average size, clean room with 2Q beds, mini-fridge, small balcony, small bathroom, in-room safe, iron & hair dryer. We paid an upgrade fee for water-view, and we were on an angle facing the center of the property with the ocean view to our far right. When I booked, I asked for the highest floor, but at check-in they said they could only put us on the 6th floor ( of a 12 story building), so we just barely cleared the tree-line to see the ocean. As for the propery grounds, there are numerous scenic views and nice areas, lots of pool options, great waterpark with at least four different water slides (some with tubes, some body only), one lazy tubing river (at Beach Tower), and one fast current river (at waterpark) that includes a wave-maker and uphill slides. The beach was very clean and nice (water gets deep very fast), but don't go there for peace and quiet because every couple of minutes you're solicited for something: jet-ski, banana boat, hair braiding, water, drinks, jewelry... I wished I had worn a shirt that said: "NO SOLICITING"... they drove us crazy! They even yell to you when walking inside the propery on the walk-ways along the beach. The Royal Towers have one of the best aquariums I've ever seen - fantastic views of a numerous variety of fish, rays, sharks, lobsters... just magnificient. Toured all the other buildings lobbys and outside property areas as well for interesting architecture and views. Rope bridge had great waterfall (scenic picture) and view of hammer-head sharks below. Some walkway areas, and some hallways within the hotel as well, smelled of sewage... not sure if there were leaks or what, but it was quite noticible in the same areas everytime we walked through them. For added excitement/adventure, we did two "options"; the deep water dive with the dolphins; and the snorkle over the Atlantis ruins... both were great... don't forget to bring a waterproof camera for the ruins. For meals, we enjoyed walking just outside the front gate to a Dunkin Donuts for breakfasts, and there was a liqour and convience store as well, so we stocked up on beer/soda/water to take in the soft-cooler we brougt with us for the beach/waterpark (drinks are very expensive within Atlantis and they add 15% gratuity as well). The cost of lunch meals at the outdoor areas was comparable to Disney ($6 hotdog, $11 wraps...). They have a variety of dinner spots with varying costs; the three of us ate for about $75 total at the $$ restaurants and $125 at the $$$ to $$$$ ones. Don't forget that they add 15% automatically... and, in my opinion, this is a bad practice and enabled some of the service to be poor because they knew they were already getting a tip! Best to make reservations as some close for one/two nights, and the other restaurants nearby become full - no walk-ins. On one night three were closed and we couldn't get into any of the others, but we did have a great meal just outside the front gate at Anthony's (by Dunkin Donuts), which also accepted the room key to pay, and the food we ordered there was very good and very filling (if you go, I'd recommend the black bean soup, the island home-made bread, and the sauteed vegetables). The transportation to/from the airport/hotel was OK; it may be easier, cheaper and faster for more than three people in a family to get a taxi. My overall impression of the hotel employees was very mixed... some were very pleasant and made you truely feel welcomed, and others gave the impression that they were forced to say something to you because their boss was watching them... and they did it with a snide expression or tone of voice. Overall, it was probably somewhat overpriced, but I can't think of another comparable resort either...so I'd say I was glad we experienced it, but probably would go somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Ask for highest floor available for better views, especially any water-facing and/or western-facing...
8 Thank Z-Tripper8
South Carolina
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Having never been to Atlantis, I booked based on the pictures on the internet. Bathroom in the room we stayed was disgusting! This Tower is also part of the casino building and was so crazy crowded that just to get a cup of coffee at 8 a.m. was 45 min line. Every night we could not get a dinner reservation in the fine dinning because they were booked for three days out. We had to eat room service food. The smokers, gamblers, cruise ships and almost everyone else populates this building constantly and there is really no serenity. Thank goodness we moved to the Cove last night and got away from the masses!!! If you want a Gatlinburg, Myrtle Beach environment 24/7 this is your place :( . As for me I will go back to the Cove!

Room Tip: Not here we stayed on level 9
4 Thank knich70
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is a horrible hotel. They say its the adult part of Atlantis and this is true. But, you are half mile walk from any of the restaurants and casino except mesa grill. The bed was thin I think you would find a bed more comfortable in jail then here. The a/c didn't work and when we called and complained they didn't help us. I wanted to play ping pong one day they didn't have a ball the pool attended told me it would take about an hour to get a ball, which is crazy. The charge for everything from pool toys to 30 dollars a day for internet. The lifeguards were always on their cell phones and one offered to sell me weed. Which I wasn't against, but If I had a child I would't want my lifeguard selling weed and texting instead of paying attention to the 80 or plus kids in the ocean. They say they have the biggest water park in the bahamas. It had 4 rides, I am sorry 4 rides isn't a water park. After 2 night of 5 day stay we left. We were told by the manager we would have to show up the next morning at 7 am to get our refund. We showed up at 7 am and the manager told us. This wasn't true and she said she got to work at 7 am. It was a huge fight to get a refund. But, they gave it to us. The only bright spot of the stay was front desk lady named Kennyatta when the manager wouldn't help us and I would on the verge on snapping. She calmed me down and told me she would make sure everything was handled. After we moved next door she sent us a hand written letter apologizing on behalf of the atlantis with a bottle of champagne and chocolate. Other than that this hotel is horrible the casino is great for advantage players because the dealers have no idea what they are doing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,539 reviews
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,747 reviews
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!