“Average, just average”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
New York
“Average, just average”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

At the last moment I requested and paid for an upgrade from the Beach Tower to the Coral Tower with an ocean view. Never having been to Atlantis with my family before, I had no idea what to expect. On arrival, I didn't want to fuss. I was tired and, with family eager to settle in, I accepted the 8th floor rooms with partial ocean view. The rooms smelled musty, and were on the shabby side. I didn't do any investigation of rooms at Royal Towers or at Beach, but I was really disappointed in the Coral Towers and can't imagine it was an upgrade from Beach.

I'll review the other facilities separately, so please regard this as a hotel review only.

2 Thank juniemoonie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (774)
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 September 2014

My wife and I finally figured out why they have such a huge tv commercial. A place this big should sell itself.The reasons are numerous, lets start with that once you go you will not be back and wont recommend it to anyone else. The over pricing was anticipated, but the poor service, rudeness and disrespect from the staff was inexcusable. We felt like we were paying to be abused. There was a very rare staff person that was friendly or looked that they weren't being forced and tortured in working there. The disappointing experience left a sour taste in our mouth. We were there for 6 long days and could not wait to get back home, We hope you do not ignore the bad reviews we also read and thought it was an exaggeration. It is unfortunate to spend that much time money and effort to go there and have the staff ruin your experience. Go some where else where you will feel welcome and appreciated for spending your hard earned money. if you make the mistake of going, take a cab to and from airport, we used Dan Knowles and it was late, no air conditioning, and to top it off the fan was leaking water on us, absolutely disgusting!!! The whole experience was sad. Beware of where you are going and the value of your time and money

Room Tip: coral towers has a stong stench of cigarretts
4 Thank indira94
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

I just spent 5 nights in the Coral Towers with my husband and 9 year old daughter. If your children love pools, waterparks, and beaches this place is heaven! This was my second trip to Atlantis both of which were excellent. I read reviews for months leading up to this trip and really started to become nervous after some of the negative comments. NONE of these held any real weight.
We found the service to be great. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Always had questions answered politely. Housekeeping was especially friendly. Our room was as expected. Older and dated, but clean and nice. Beds and bedding were very comfortable. Room was cleaned very well each day. Wr were on the 9th floor facing the stingray lagoon, pools, and ocean. Amazing view. We had previously stayed in the Royal Towers years ago and yes those rooms and location are nicer than the Coral Towers but not necessarily worth the extra dollars if you have kids.
We brought breakfast foods and snacks from home so we didn't have to spend a lot of money on breakfast or lunch. I definitely recommend bringing whatever you can from home. Also - walk across the street (where the Dunkin Donuts is) and purchase some large water bottles or drinks there. Much cheaper. And the refrigerator in the room is free. The food we did eat around the pools for lunch was pretty much as expected - slightly overpriced but not insane like some people have posted. The chicken Caesar wraps are very good.
The pools and grounds were very clean and well maintained. People who complain about things being rundown must walk around with a magnifying glass. Everything was clean. Outdoor bathrooms were constantly being cleaned and were very nice. I will agree that the ground around the pools and slides does get VERY hot and can also be VERY slippery. Be careful.
The Current (non lazy river) is awesome. We spent hours in there. Although it was crowded we didn't find any one spot or attraction to be too crowded. There is always a quieter spot to be found. The pool at the Beach Tower was very quiet and nearly empty yet very nice.
Our best meal was at Carmine's at the Marina - and contrary to other reviews we only spent $84 there and the food was delicious. We really enjoyed the Marina and the Ben and Jerry's!
Pictures and words really don't do the Atlantis justice. The designers and architects created an outdoor oasis that is beautiful. The aquariums are amazing and so fun to walk through. The water slides provide endless entertainment. At the end of the trip my daughter said she would rather go back to Atlantis than return to Disney World!

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank 3forlife
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Please do yourself a favor and don't stay at the Coral Towers. I arrived and had to find my way to my room, which had a leaky air conditioner. It took 2 days for it to be looked at, and when they realized it couldn't be fixed, I was forced to change my room. They sent a bellhop upstairs without a luggage carrier and he seemed annoyed at the fact that he was called to help me move my luggage. My second room is worse!!!! There's some form of construction going on and I've been listening to the sounds of drilling against my wall for over two hours!!! When I called the front desk to inquire about it, they seemed oblivious about any construction happening...lol THe food is overpriced and the service is RUDE. Everyone acts like you're bothering them when you have a simple question. I'm very disappointed and will NEVER return to this property again..

6 Thank kemba815
Deltona, Florida, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I put this review under the Coral Towers, but I have also stayed in the Beach Towers and one of the two-room villas as well and I have nothing but rave reviews for each.

The only reason I did not give five stars is because the rooms could use a little updating.

I would recommend the Atlantis for anyone wishing to make a trip, the location is absolutely beautiful, the staff has always been cheerful and helpful in the four times I have been there and I can' wait to get back.

But it is not inexpensive, you will likely be shocked by the prices, but in the end it was worth.

The Atlantis also offers reduced prices for flights and food for the children, which probably helps a lot, but I have not personally used those, so I can't really comment.

The buffets are great and the food is fantastic, but again, it is not cheap by any means.

And if you like marine life, I have never been to a better place, you can go around and watch fish, sharks, seals, dolphins, turtles, and all kinds of rays all day long.

You also have the water park that has different areas for whatever age you are.

And if you like to gamble, you also have the casino.

There are also very good eating establishments, from very high end, Bobby Flay, etc, and fast food type, Johhny Rockets, etc.

If you want, you can also go into Nassau and visit the Straw Market or the other little shops, but you do not have too, because you can find plenty to do at the Atlantis.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Dean S
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We had such a blast!! Right next to our hotel we were able to pay for the day to go to the waterpark. Awesome rides but I chickened out and didn't do the Leap of Faith. Too scary lol. Lots of walking so be prepared. Aquarium was nice to walk through. They don't take cash at the park so if you want food you need to use a credit card. It was $150.00 for adults and kids up to 12 was $80.00. Beautiful time with my family and can't wait to go again next year for my 40th birthday.

Stayed July 2014
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2014

First, my vacation was great. However, when I booked my room, I picked the Coral Towers for location. When I arrived, the lineup to check in was ridiculous. Also, the person checking us in was not very cheerful or informative. She gave us the directions to our room and we were on our way. When we FINALLY got to our room, it was in the Beach Tower area. The manager and staff were insistent that it was apart of the Coral Towers. Don't be fooled. The room was blah and the lock was broken. Took them 12 hours to fix lock (only because I called to remind them). Staff, in general, were not as welcoming, helpful, friendly as I thought they would be.

Room Tip: Say no to villas
5 Thank A I
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!