The Reef at Atlantis, Autograph Collection
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
1,706 results
All reviewsstudio roomocean view studiowater parkfull kitchenroyal towersstove topmeal plancove guestssmall kitchencascade poolmarina villagelazy rivergrocery storepots and pansfamily vacationprivate beachmosaic buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Staying at the Reef was so worth it and fun i highly recommend it to anyone who wants to save a little money on food (do a little grocery shopping on your way from the airport to the hotel to a local supermarket.... it's so worth it), want to relax (the reef shares with the cove two private pools away from all the people in the main attractions of Atlantis and a private beach) and wanna have fun (water attractions, dolphin cay, casino, aura nightclub, great restaurants and the fabulous aquariums)! The staff all around the resort is great and they'll do anything to please you. If you wanna eat authentic Bahamian food i suggest you take a little walk to the other side of the bridge to Potter's Cay. The people there are so much fun and alive... i guarantee you that it's gonna be one of the best meal you'll have in the Bahamas! Go to Mackenzie's he serves the best conch salad and the crab and rice is to die for. If you ever wanna go downtown Nassau for some shopping try the ferry instead of taking a taxi. It's a lot cheaper, the view is great and i bet you'll learn interesting stuff from the story teller on the boat.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Camille B
Reviewed 23 October 2012

My family, 2 adults and a 9 yeat old son, choose to stay in the Reef building at Atlantis. We had a studio suite on the 16th floor with a mafnificant view of both the ocean and the Dolphin Cay attraction. The suite had a fully equipped kitchen, king bed, separate shower and soaking tub and table/chairs. The balcony had a small table/2 chairs. The Reef is a newer building that is suited to families. The Reef has its own pools and beach and is somewhay removed from the main resort attractions. To visit the main builidng that house the casino, etc. you need to take a resort bus. Fortunately, the buses are readily available. The value in lodging at the Reef is the kitchen. Food at Atlantis and elsewhere is very expensive. You can save some money by bringing breakfast, lunch and snack items. There is a liquor store and small market in a shopping center across from the Marina Village for other supplies. The only eating/drinking venue in the Reef is a Starbucks. There is a small sundry shop where you can buy packaged food, drinks. souveniers, etc. Atlantis charges a resort fee, in our case $36 per day, and a gratuity of 15% on everything, so there is no need to tip extra. We were fortunate to have good weather during our Columbus weekend that lent itself to full use of the water park and other outiside attractions and facilities. Our only excursion was a snorkeling trip to Stuart's Cove. After a 45 minute bus ride, we ventured out by boat to 3 different sites. The snorkeling was good but not great. The highlight was floating while reef sharks swam below. Atlantis is a one of a kind resot that should be experienced. Just bring your wallet!

Room Tip: Determine how you will use the room, how much time you will spend in the room, where you want to be located within the resort, and your budget.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Desaroo
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I am in Reef Hotel right now and I'm very unsatisfied. The TV doesn't work, the tap water doesn't work, they didn't make up my room for 2 days and they never ever replace the minibar, so we have to ask for water every day.

The Hotel is intended to be a family Hotel, however we cannot have dinner in any restaurant with our 3 years old son, because all the restaurants only allow children up to 5:30pm and I won't have my dinner during the day.

Today also my son had an accident and has hurt his mouth, I've been to the nursing and they said the doctor left at 11:00 am. What kind of resort has a nursing that closes at 11:00 am? We had to go to Doctor's Hospital, which is the closest to HELL a person can be.

Room Tip: To choose a room where everything works fine, just choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank RodrigoHSS
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Having just returned from a Four day "weekend" trip to The Reef, I felt compelled to write a quick review. First off thanks for the previous reviewers who recommended Fergies Taxi service from the Airport, Sandra was there waiting for us (even though customs/immigration was short staffed and took almost an hour to get through) and arrived 15 minutes early for the scheduled pickup on the return trip. It is not a short ride to the airport and her rates were very reasonable.
The resort was everything it claims to be, it is very "disney-like" in a good way. Everything is perfectly manicured and it is overrun with helpful staff. The selection of places to relax either on the beach or one of the many pools was endless. My Twelve year old son had a blast at Aquaventure and claims it was one of the best vacations he has ever had, keep in mind that this lucky child has been to Disneyworld and several cruises in his short travel history.
The food, albeit expensive was top notch, pricing equivalent to New York City restaurants should have the same quality and it did, everywhere we ate. The only non positive events we heard observed were with other patrons either being rude to the staff or not being able to control their children or themselves, and was not a common occurrence but was observed more than once.
The resort does offer day passes to cruise passengers and the resort tends to get crowded from 10am til 3pm only, but this can be all avoided by staying at your private beach and pool at The Reef where day passes are not allowed. Overall it was a great "weekend"!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Glurch2891
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed at the Reef from Aug 25-29th. Just me, my Son (16) and Daughter (15). Yes that is when Hurricane Issac swung by Nassua as well. Issac kept us inside for only one morning and by 12:00 Aquaventure was open and very uncrowded. No lines and plenty of tubes to go around. The day before and the day of the Hurricane the park was about 30% capacity. The next two days were packed. The cruise ships ruin it all. Not heir fault though. Its Atlantis that lets them in. There should be a limit on how many cruisers get in.

Yes, the place is expensive but if you plan it correctly you can get out of there without a second mortgage. Domino's delivers so there is one cheap night right there. The food around the pools is reasonable (for a resort) but it's just fast food crap. We used the Starbucks at the Reef for a few lunches. Decent wraps and such.

We left out of Boston and visited the New England Aquarium the night before the flight. Gotta say my hometown aquarium is not the same in my eyes anymore, at least not after seeing the Ruins. The Ruins at Atlantis were fantastic and we wish we would have scheduled the "Snorkel the Ruins" earlier since it was sold out. Two Manta rays, many Eagle Rays, just so cool. And the Saw Fish!!! Just WOW!!

Before we left I told my kids about the teen night club Crush. They were both like "yeah right, like I'm going in there". They went the 3rd night we were there and I lost them after that. They met up with new friends the next day and off they went to the water park. Of course that night they were asking if they could go back to Crush again.

I have to throw in some kuddos for my travel agent Mitch@tripguy.com. He handled all my travel for me and there were a few great perks awaiting us at check-in. I normally do not use a travel agent but Mitch made me feel at ease and helped me with my control problem :-) Overall a great experience!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family