Stayed at The Reef August 31-September 4th. It was a dream vacation and we had no issues. Our bellman said the hotel was only at 40% capacity and you could tell. It was like we had the entire place to ourselves. We loved it! Here is a breakdown by category of our stay.
We knew food was expensive at Atlantis so we used FoodStore2go.com and had groceries delivered. Service was great and our order was delivered 15 minutes after we arrived. We ate at Carmine's the first night so we would have leftovers. Service was great and our bill for 2 people including a long island iced tea was $60. We had so many leftovers we ended up throwing some away when we left 4 days later! We also ate at Johnny Rockets for lunch and it was good. Service was slow but it was raining outside so we were in no rush.
For all of the hype it gets I was a little disappointed. Wish there were more slides and not just a ton of pools. The current is an awesome ride if you like rides with inter-tubes. My husband lost his sunglasses so be sure to have straps if you wear them on the ride. Also be sure to wear water shoes. The pavement was so hot my feet were burned and I could barely walk after only 2 hours of being there.
We checked in at 3:00 and it was very smooth. Room was great, just like the pictures. It was like staying at a very nice hotel in Vegas. You just have paradise outside your door! Housekeeping was great. They even washed our dishes and put them away for us.
The place was practically empty so you had your pick of chairs anywhere you wanted. The water was crystal clear and very calm. Staff was very friendly and helped us get our chairs set up. Having the private beach for Reef/Cove members was awesome. Such a difference from the hustle and bustle of the waterpark.
My husband did the deep water dolphin swim and enjoyed it. He said for the price he was happy but would not do it again. He was hoping to get to interact with the dolphins more. I observed from a small patio out front. They have a beach there but you have to pay $15 to go on it. Not worth it to us. I got good pictures and video from where I was sitting.
Wifi is $20/day which we were not going to pay. The whole point of vacation is to leave the outside world at home! However if you need it for a few minutes you can go to the Atlantis Library. It is located in the Coral Towers and each person gets 20 minutes free per day. Perfect for a quick email to the grandparents at home to check on the kids.
We used Dan Knowles tours to get to and from the airport. My only complaint is that there is no sign directing you to the bus. They are located outside the airport by baggage claim. The service was good and we only waited 5 minutes. They picked us up right on time to go back to the airport.
Overall it was a great vacation for us. We are low key people and the Reef was the perfect place for us. You are far away from the crowds of Atlantis but just a short shuttle ride away if you want to explore the place. We are already planning next years trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests of The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. Our Bahamas resort hotel features studios, one and two bedroom suites that offer all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection and a Starbucks lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island