Place we stayed: 1 bedroom with kitchenette, ocean view, at the Reef tower for 4 nights in July 2014. The room is equipped of a full kitchen with microwave, oven top, fridge+freezer, and cookware. We take the shuttle to go to different towers within the resort since the Reef is far from every place else. However, there is swimming pool for Reef and Cove guests only, which is right outside of the tower entrance door. In addition, there is a private sandy beach within 2 minutes walk from the Reef. We enjoyed snorkeling there so much. You also have a 15 minutes free wifi every day at the library located in the Coral tower.
Dining experience: We went to a sushi restaurant called Nobu located in the casino once. The service was very nice, but the food was okay. I have had more delicious Japanese food in Maryland. My boyfriend and I ordered a conch ceviche for appetizer, one cocktail to share (we both don’t drink much), a bowl of edamame, 2 rolls of sushi, and a beef dish. The total of the night for two was a bit over $160 including tax and gratuity. The food portion is relatively small in my opinion. If you choose to dine at Nobu, please be prepared to pay about $100/person in order to walk out without getting hungry in the next 20 minutes.
We also went to Twin Brothers restaurant at Fish Fry and had conch salad, and conch fritter. The price here is average. I guess about $20/person. The amount of each dish is good. I had to share the conch fritter with my boyfriend. The one thing you must have when you come to this restaurant is their pina colada and strawberry daiquiri mix. With the heat in Nassau, this drink will take you back to paradise again.
Another place we visited was Carmine’s, an Italian restaurant. Even though they charge you about $40-$50/dish, it takes at least 4 people to finish one. If you decide to come here, make sure your partner/friends/family have a similar food preference. We ordered lasagna and naturally could not finish it. The left-over was big enough for our lunch the next day.
Activities: Honestly, I’m still in school and with tight budget. Because my boyfriend took care of the hotel and the flight, I felt obligated to take care of myself in food and activities expense while we were there. Therefore, I took advantage of all of their complementary activities of the day. You should check or ask for daily schedule of activities. I enjoyed fish feeding a lot, the water rides, the pools, bingo game, art craft, snorkeling, and movie nights. Don’t forget to try out riding the ferry to downtown Nassau, if you haven’t been on one. The tour guide was enthusiastic, but he expected some tips. There’s a choice to spend all of your saving while there (and you know that is an easy way) or to spend in moderation and still have the best time ever.
Additional tips: bring cash with some good amount of small bills ($1, $5) for tip. It’s a place with tipping everywhere you go. Be nice to the receptionist so he/she will place you to a room with wonderful view in return. Bring your smile with you every you go, it’s called Paradise Island after all. Hope you will enjoy your stay as much as I did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests of The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. Our Bahamas resort hotel features studios, one and two bedroom suites that offer all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection and a Starbucks lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island