“DREAM COME TRUE”

Dining options: Reservations
Sunrise, Florida, United States
“DREAM COME TRUE”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

The first time I entered the resturant was to beg for a place for my son's wedding party to have a place to toast the happy couple and enjoy a snack. Nothing had been planned and I wanted him to have a complete wedding experience. The wedding was only a few hours away. The staff assured me that they could handle it and even provide the brides favorite snack...chicken fingers. The hostess Raquel Oliver greeted us after the wedding and led us to a beautiful table sprinkled with rose petals. From that point on we were treated like royalty...food and service was beyond excellent. There was even a table set up with the cake so that that they would not miss out on the cake cutting experience. The staff topped the evening off by having a special song sung so that the couple could have a wedding. I was speechless that they had created the perfect ending to a perfect day for my son and his bride. The family would like to extended our deepest gratitude for all that you did. I would recommend Churchill's to anyone for a fine dining and in our case impromptu wedding reception.
Dr. Melinda Dunn McNeal

• Visited August 2013

Tampa, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad service, mediocre food”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We thought we would have a nice dinner while staying at the resort so we made a reservation with guest services to eat at 9:30pm. While I was at the desk one server walked in and the lady at the desk gave the server our reservation to which she roller her eyes because of the time. I should have known that was a bad sign. We were greeted at the door by a hostess who seat us. There was a lounge in front with a singer and piano player that was nice. We were seated and given menus. We didn't order ant drinks because they were quite pricey, even the bottles of wine. Two people in our party got fish, one got a steak and I got braised short ribs. I had high hopes, but the steak was ordered medium rare and was maybe medium. We sat for almost 45 mins before our meals came out. We had one basket of bread in the mean time. I did ask for another after about 20 mins because we were getting bored and the server rolled her eyes and 10 mins later we got more bread and no more butter. We didn't dare ask for more for fear of our lives. Once our food came the short ribs were very tough, steak overcooked and each of the fish dishes had each others sides so they just switched the plates, they didn't get what they ordered and she didn't really care to fix it. We didn't see the server again for another 30 mins approx when she returned we asked for the check. We asked if we could split it and she again rolled her eyes. After another 10 mins she came back and asked how to split it, we said never-mind we would split it on our own because it was obviously too hard for them. I ended up putting the dinner on my credit card and the 15% tip was already included. Because our service and food wasn't great we didn't feel additional tip was necessary. As we were leaving she grabbed the book with the check and opened and looked at it as she was walking away and shaking her head. That topped off the ridiculousness that was supposed to be our nice night out. A lot of people had good experiences here so we had much too high hopes for this place. Too bad. There is a level of service that is expected when you spend $25-$30 a plate on a meal.

Visited July 2013
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Finally Good Food.....And an Amazing View”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

(Visited July 19, 2013) After a week of incredibly over priced mediocre at best food we ended our trip at Churchill's. At this point i had assumed that i would not have a decent meal in Freeport and I was looking forward to airport food, but then i was surprised. We saved Churchill's for our last meal, its a bit more upscale then all the other restaurants we ate at that week and slightly more expensive so we saw it as the send off treat. We were not disappointed, the food was excellent, my Prime rib was fantastic and so was my wife Sirloin. My daughter ordered the Snapper, i had been less than impressed to this point with the fish in the Bahamas, considering its swimming 50 feet away, but her dish was amazing. Even when my son strayed from the children's menu to order a pasta dish the waiter was intuitive enough to charge us the appetizer price. Hey listen, it wasn't cheap, but based on some of the other $28 dishes i had in other restaurants this, place was worth the price.

The restaurant was clean, bright and what i would expect from a fine restaurant. Again a departure from the rest of my week. The staff was attentive and helpful, especially for a Bahama wait staff which are normally in no hurry.....

If you want a good meal in a clean restaurant, this is the place

• Visited July 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“CPR for tastebuds....”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Churchill's is a well thought concept, great atmosphere, definitely with a lot of Caribbean flavors, spacious and very clean. The location in grand Lucaya is ideal , maybe at the exception of Ocean front (maybe the next restaurant they will open....) and the menu is very well presented and has interesting dishes. We had a good meal there, not mind blowing but good, nevertheless, i can see why some of the reviews are quite bad : anything can happen there, the process of sitting us, in a relatively empty room, was lengthy and uncertain (we were offered a table at the bar, even with specific reservations in the main room), a lot of tables were dirty and not quickly bussed, and the wait staff seemed scattered and flimsy...when we finally sat, things, even thou moving slow, were moving. when the food came, it was good, but you could tell something was missing in the execution, maybe a little passion, nothing jumped spice or sweet or flavor, it was good but pretty blend !!! A bit of a shame, the menu and the place looks great, but there is a feeling of let-go as far as the execution of food and service...A more enthusiastic management or more motivation needs to be infused in this restaurant, it could be really great, for now it is just OK.

• Visited August 2012
North Attleboro
“Churchill's restaurant at grand lucayan”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We had our final meal of our vacation at Churchill's at the Grand Lucayan hotel. While most of our party had meals that were okay, one of our party ordered chicken that was so small and dried out. We called the manager over who told us it was small because it was organic. Ridiculous. They offered to cook another but it Would have taken so long the rest of us would have finished eating. We ordered Pinot Grigio but were told they had run out. Again ridiculous. They politely tried together us to migrate to a much more expensive wine. There are so many liquor stores and no one could go get some wine for a restaurant that is supposed to be of such high quality. Just a disappointing experience for our last meal.