“What a meal!! (In what seemed a really awkward place)”

Simply Native Outback Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Bogota, Colombia
“What a meal!! (In what seemed a really awkward place)”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We were staying at My Lucaya, and we asked the lady that hands out the towels "If you were to go have a meal of your own, where would you go"? Same question asked to several beach salespersons, and the answer turned out to be unanimous: Simply Native. We took a taxi ("Are you sure you want to go there? It's not touristic, but Bahamian "hard core"), and the experience was quite a memorable one. Don't judge a book by it's cover.. it doesn't even look like a restaurant from outside, but by God, what a meal. We had a whole fried red snapper, rice'n'peas, lobster, conch, beer, fried plantains, and nothing was out of order. The place is clean, the service outstanding, if you don't have a clue of what to order, let the waiters advise you.

I would definitely go back, and recommend it to anyone who wants to eat a home made fresh meal. Take your time while they cook it for you, enjoy the beer (Sands, a local one, is really smooth)

• Visited March 2012

Hollywood, Florida
“DEEEELLLLLIIIICCCIIOOUUSSS”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

okay, this place is not five stars but what I wanted was food that tasted like it was made by someone's mom and that's what I got. Delicious home cooking that my mother would have been proud to call her own. I really wanted the oxtail but by the time we got there they were sold out, oh well. Instead I had the fried fish, which was delicious, Just like momma makes, lol. A whole fish well seasoned, fried to perfection and served whole on your plate, needless to say that I took the rest to go.

PS if you are not use to eating a whole fish, don't order it. I know this is a silly PSA to some, but i know people that have almost chocked on a fish bone because they were not used to it.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank ARTAMIST09
Calgary, Canada
“Genuine food, "interesting" atmosphere”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This is an out of the way restaurant in Grand Bahama. My friends and I (4 couples) took a cab, and the taxi driver asked "you sure you want to go there ?" We asked "is the food good" He told us "real good, but very Bahamian and we don't get many tourists !" Perfect for us . The decor is like a bar in Saskatchewan or North Dakota, dark with worn out tables and chairs. The staff is friendly and efficient, and they don't have everything on the menu (including all the beer brands). They do have good food, simply prepared. We enjoyed our food, and we would go back. Would recommend for anyone wanting genuine Bahamian food who is not concerned about atmosphere.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank SteveD282
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Name-worthy”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Simply Native is one of my favorite eateries in Freeport! If a spot is frequented by the locals, then I want to eat there. There is something for everyone.

Great spot for lunch. Good value!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank jazzyd13
downey, ca
“Go early”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Went there at 4pm on Sunday and they were sold out of a lot of stuff....so go early.

Visited June 2012