“Enjoyed our first meal on the island here!”
Review of Agave Lucaya

Agave Lucaya
Ranked #7 of 121 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Mexican, Bahamian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are located in Port Lucaya Marketplace on Grand Bahama Island. We invite you to infuse your senses in an extraordinary culinary experience based on a delicious mix of pan-latin cuisines; made with the freshest available seasonal ingredients and presented in an energetic casual bar and dining environment.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our party of five enjoyed our first meal on the island here. The service was friendly and the food good. Nice, casual atmosphere for lunch.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Cruise on the Bahamas Celebration was wonderful. A gift from my son.I stayed at grand lucaycan hotel ,it was beautiful. I went to have some lunch at the Agave Lucaya, this particular day was my birthday day the waiter and I were talking and I shared this with her.Well during the course of My meal I'm wondering way I had not received my check.It was getting near time to get back with my friends.Well the staff Skyy,Anjoli,and Dante had presented me with a lovely cake and they sang happy birthday to me! This was one of the highlights of my trip.I had a wonderful time.This had been a great trip. I've meet many friends in whom I will treasure. The food was delicious!!! Thanks. Gail from Maryland (USA)

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

It was great besides the hot and cold service. Our server/hostess Katrina was wonderful she made my day and was excitant at service but the waiter in the blue shirt ruin out experience. He was completely poor at customer service and slow. His lack of service skills ruined the experience over all but Katrina was wonderful. Visit the resturant! But ask for Katrina

Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you're looking for a place with good food and great happy hour drinks, stop here. My husband and I went here for dinner both nights we stayed at Grand Lucayan and enjoyed it.

Pros:
- the drinks are really good, and the coconut mojito is the best I've ever had.
- food is tasty and fresh.
-the second time we went, our server was more attentive and the service was faster

Cons:
- prices are high for the portions and quality. Get a basket of chips and salsa so you don't leave hungry.
- the first time we went, our server forgot to put in our chips and salsa order, and we didn't get it for about 20 minutes.

There's a lot of restaurants in the marketplace so I hope this is helpful for someone!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We went to Port Lucaya on our first full day in the Bahamas and ate a late lunch here. The place was fairly empty and the drink specials were decent. We all got water right away and my daughter got a little fruit punch on the house! At this time of day the service was pretty good, maybe a little slower than usual, but it's Bahama time.

It is now 2 days later and we were in search of dinner. It was the only place in Port Lucaya that didn't seem expensive and we had a good lunch, so we went back. The service was so slow it was agonizing. Our server forgot my husbands drink order, which normally wouldn't be a big deal, except it took about 20 mins to get drinks and another 5-10 to get the right drink for him. Our food came out weird waves and we all ate dinner at different times. My mom had to take our restless daughter for a walk while my husband and I waited for and ate our dinner. On top of it all the check was wrong and we had to wait again while they corrected it.

The food here is pretty awesome, and the reason I'm giving it 3 stars instead of 2. The Caribbean Jerk Burrito is so delicious and spicy. Husband had it for lunch and I had to have it for dinner. The tacos were good (we tried the $2 Tuesday deal, and both the chicken and beef got rave reviews), and there was also a drink special on Tuesday that I highly recommend...just remember to do it at lunch.