“Ghost town”

US$42.99*
Freeport Bazaar and Brewery Tour
Ranked #55 of 60 things to do in Freeport
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular shopping center features over 100 shops and restaurants from all over the world.
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I drove around the city today. I heard the lady from ministry of tourism say lots good restaurant over there. What a big surprise. Totally ghost town! Only a couple of shops were open, and I felt scare to walk over there. Totally wasted my time.

2  Thank jjl3333

Reviewed 10 March 2014

It is a nice shopping village to have a stroll but most of the shops are closed. I think they have seen better days or open up when a big cruise ship is coming. Not worth an extra tour.

1  Thank Stefan24f
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Sorry; not woth while anymore!
Most of the place is boarded up and closed down. The hurricane destroyed quite a lot and only a few shops reopened. I am sure it was nice once but a lot of work has to be done here before this can be called a tourist attraction again!
This was actually the only place we did not feel 100% save on the island. Maybe a good place to record the next squeal of The Walking Dead?

3  Thank M-Kalo
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I wish the Internatioal bizarre would come back to it's original Beauty!! I've been coming to Freeport since 1997 and I remember how it used to be. It was bustling with lots of tourist. The Bahamian People should take more interest on the Bizarre and get together and build it back up. Paint would surely help. I miss the Bizarre just like I miss the princess hotel.

2  Thank Flirtyeyes
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

This area is a must visit. It's rich with history and great low prices. There are some great things here to experience. The Fragrances of the Bahamas Perfume Factory is in this place, as well as many colorful shops with original family ownerships.We found a true Bahami fresh fruit and fish market too. It's a shame that all the tour buses and taxis drive folks so far away to Lucaya instead of enjoying the old charm and splendor right here. We'll come again!

1  Thank stacicooperhoffmann