“Awesome hidden gem!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Freeport B&B and Inns
Oak Park, Illinois
“Awesome hidden gem!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was very lucky to find this resort by searching through the travel books and various travel websites. I wanted to be on the beach and these adorable villas are ON the Beach! I am so glad that I found this place, it made for an absolutely magical vacation! The villas are new, clean, orderly and very modern. There is a screened-in back porch for sitting out in the evening and reading. Keeps the mosquitoes out but the sand-flies are hard to escape from unless it is windy. Be sure to bring some sort of anti-gnat spray. They were the only real downside of this location. Very good snorkeling during the day. I saw sea turtles, reef sharks, huge and majestic Spotted Eagle Rays, many colorful fish and bright green moray eels. The Red Bar had tasty food (mostly fried) but the villas come with a full kitchen so stock up on food if you want something healthier. Snorkeling got a little crowded during the day but at around 5 everyone goes home. So from then until about 9 am I had the beach to myself! Beautiful sunsets, starry skies, peaceful evenings. This is a perfect getaway spot! It is a bit far from downtown Freeport and Port Lucaya which I was totally fine with. The towns were INCREDIBLY touristy, gaudy and overcrowded so Paradise Cove was a godsend! Barry and family were very friendly. Barry (the owner) picked me up at the airport and took me to a local spot to get crack' conch (a local favorite!) The staff was very friendly and personable. This whole place is awesome! I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Both villas are great!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jessica L

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Monroe, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We went to this beach while on a Carnival Cruise since we heard it was the only one we could find where we could snorkel from the beach. The people were friendly and not "pushy" at all. You can rent just what you need. We rented one snorkel set - $9 and one float - $3! Food is very reasonable. Cab ride was hefty, but can't really do anything about that...$ prices are fixed. The weather was terrific (December 17th). My son proposed that day too. The pictures are beautiful...great memories. So glad we went there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank vacationspot5
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Huge waste of time and money. The day we went, the water was choppy so you couldn't snorkel :( Nothing else on the whole island to do other than shop or drink. Everyone at the "resort" was very rude. A man came chasing us down demanding we pay the $3.00 "resort" fees. We had just rented a car for a hundred dollars to drive out there and couldn't see paying another $20.00 to walk on a deserted beach. We couldn't snorkle so we drove back to the cruise ship early :( I will never return to Freeport. The drive out there was also a little creepy. The buildings all looked deserted. Downtown Freeport was all boarded up and so was the International Bazaar. The island looked like a ghost town.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank tchowland75
Saint Andrews, Canada
Reviewed 21 December 2013

just got back from a visit to paradise cove beach resort. a 58 year old man who was a former diver and very good swimmer was found floating out by the reef. efforts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful. he was swimming alone and without a life vest(as I usually do). perhaps he had a heart attack? it was very disturbing to me as I assisted with trying to revive him and I felt very bad for his family who were standing nearby crying. I think I will always swim with a buddy from now on.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 902sandyh
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Have been going to Freeport for over 20 years and this is far and away the best snorkeling. Great beach with gradual entry if needed. Reef is great on both sides. Staff is very helpful and watchful. We always spend a few days there when we visit Freeport.

Room Tip: All are good
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank seatzb98
maryland
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Our family of 6 cruised over the Thanksgiving holiday and took a trip to Freeport Bahamas, Paradise Cove. We contacted the Cove before leaving home and arranged for pick up from the cruise dock. Nathan was there with a huge smile at 8:00am. We took a nice 20 minute ride on his bus to the cove which was beautiful Nathan was gracious in describing things as we passed by- a mini tour. The beach is private, was not crowded and beautiful. The check-in and pick up of equipment went fast. Snorkeling equipment and waist float was included in the 35.00 excursion price. The kids had their equipment so their cost was less. We received a short briefing and a little help getting started snorkeling and off we went. WOW! what beautiful fish. After snorkeling we relaxed on the beach and ate some yummy food cooked at the little grill café. try the conch fritters- yum. We were taken back to the ship in plenty of time to walk around the plaza and listen to some live music before boarding the ship for our next destination. I would recommend an excursion trip to Paradise Cove. I thank all the other trip advisor members who offered wonderful advice when I reached out to them. I never go anywhere without checking the trip advisor. Thank you

Room Tip: They have 2 private bungalows on the beach for rent.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank PmarieMd
Freeport, Florida
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We visited Deadmans Beach December 1 while on the Carnival Ecstasty. I had e mailed Barry who promptly e mailed back. Shared a taxi ($16 return per person) with other guests. Lorenzo was a great driver. The beach was beautiful, paid our $3 resort fee and only $3 for a chair which a young man promptly took to our spot. Barry gave a mandatory snorkling briefing. Snorkling was great and not as other reviews had said was too far to swim. Saw a lot of coral (be careful on the fire coral) and some colorful fish. Ate grouper and conch for lunch-went down very well with two local 'Sands' beers. Very reasonable. Finished the day with a rum punch but hated to leave -maybe I will go back and work for Barry! Great to see the reef and beach was so protected. Definitly will go back next time in Freeport

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Carolyn1731
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina
#2 of 14 in Freeport
Old Bahama Bay
Old Bahama Bay
#1 of 1 in West End

Been to Paradise Cove Beach Resort? Share your experiences!