“Home Away from Home”

Paradise Cove Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Freeport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Paradise Cove Beach Resort near Freeport, on Grand Bahama Island, on 1/29 and 1/30 2014. Although the weather was lousy, we had a fantastic time with Barry Smith and his staff. Barry took us snorkeling and waited on us hand and foot. The villa was perfect in every way. It was spacious, well decorated, and right on the sand. The food at the Red Bar was fantastic and ridiculously affordable. ($3.00 hamburgers.) Barry is in the middle of a reef improvement project, working with marine biologists and other experts. This place is just going to get better and better.

Room Tip: Both the yellow villa and the blue villa are perfect and are right on the sand; just steps from the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MonicaReeves
There are newer reviews for Paradise Cove Beach Resort

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We went there while cruising with the Carnival Sensation. The snorkeling adventure we took was very fun. At first, we were not so sure as the reef was about 200 meters from the beach but with our guide, we went at our rhythm and ti was great. We saw cute little fish! The beach was beautiful and the water was clear.

We had a small lunch with hot-dogs and it was good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was very lucky to find this resort by searching through the travel books and various travel websites. I wanted to be on the beach and these adorable villas are ON the Beach! I am so glad that I found this place, it made for an absolutely magical vacation! The villas are new, clean, orderly and very modern. There is a screened-in back porch for sitting out in the evening and reading. Keeps the mosquitoes out but the sand-flies are hard to escape from unless it is windy. Be sure to bring some sort of anti-gnat spray. They were the only real downside of this location. Very good snorkeling during the day. I saw sea turtles, reef sharks, huge and majestic Spotted Eagle Rays, many colorful fish and bright green moray eels. The Red Bar had tasty food (mostly fried) but the villas come with a full kitchen so stock up on food if you want something healthier. Snorkeling got a little crowded during the day but at around 5 everyone goes home. So from then until about 9 am I had the beach to myself! Beautiful sunsets, starry skies, peaceful evenings. This is a perfect getaway spot! It is a bit far from downtown Freeport and Port Lucaya which I was totally fine with. The towns were INCREDIBLY touristy, gaudy and overcrowded so Paradise Cove was a godsend! Barry and family were very friendly. Barry (the owner) picked me up at the airport and took me to a local spot to get crack' conch (a local favorite!) The staff was very friendly and personable. This whole place is awesome! I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Both villas are great!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jessica L
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We went to this beach while on a Carnival Cruise since we heard it was the only one we could find where we could snorkel from the beach. The people were friendly and not "pushy" at all. You can rent just what you need. We rented one snorkel set - $9 and one float - $3! Food is very reasonable. Cab ride was hefty, but can't really do anything about that...$ prices are fixed. The weather was terrific (December 17th). My son proposed that day too. The pictures are beautiful...great memories. So glad we went there.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank vacationspot5
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Huge waste of time and money. The day we went, the water was choppy so you couldn't snorkel :( Nothing else on the whole island to do other than shop or drink. Everyone at the "resort" was very rude. A man came chasing us down demanding we pay the $3.00 "resort" fees. We had just rented a car for a hundred dollars to drive out there and couldn't see paying another $20.00 to walk on a deserted beach. We couldn't snorkle so we drove back to the cruise ship early :( I will never return to Freeport. The drive out there was also a little creepy. The buildings all looked deserted. Downtown Freeport was all boarded up and so was the International Bazaar. The island looked like a ghost town.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank tchowland75
Reviewed 21 December 2013

just got back from a visit to paradise cove beach resort. a 58 year old man who was a former diver and very good swimmer was found floating out by the reef. efforts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful. he was swimming alone and without a life vest(as I usually do). perhaps he had a heart attack? it was very disturbing to me as I assisted with trying to revive him and I felt very bad for his family who were standing nearby crying. I think I will always swim with a buddy from now on.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank 902sandyh
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Have been going to Freeport for over 20 years and this is far and away the best snorkeling. Great beach with gradual entry if needed. Reef is great on both sides. Staff is very helpful and watchful. We always spend a few days there when we visit Freeport.

Room Tip: All are good
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank seatzb98
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Bell Channel Inn
#1 of 1 in West End
Pelican Bay at Lucaya
Pelican Bay at Lucaya
#2 of 14 in Freeport

Been to Paradise Cove Beach Resort? Share your experiences!