“Bahamian Perfume”

and up
Freeport Bazaar and Brewery Tour
Ranked #21 of 44 Tours in Freeport
More attraction details
Owner description: This factory is housed in a beautiful 18th century mansion and offers tours where you get to create your own fragrance.
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Neat place to visit, they make perfume on sight and give you a tour, lots of perfumes and colognes to choose from. Makes a really cool souvenir!! They were shooting a commercial when we arrived so part of the store was closed off.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with my visit. It was not as I anticipated and in a good way. The outside looks like a large house and looks inviting. I thought it would look like a typical factory – sterile, boring and many machines. When you go in, it feels/looks like you’re in someone’s living room that they turned into a store.

I was mainly interested in making my own bottle of perfume, but there are many pre-made bottles to choose from. They also sell glycerin soaps, body creams, and perfumes for men, women and even dogs. The woman that greeted us escorted us over to the small area where you make create your own scent. It’s a small bench that comfortably sits two in front of a small table that holds the essential oils that you’ll be mixing. She told us the prices before we got started and left us to our own devices. We could take our time, play with the scent combinations and choices and choose what we wanted for our perfume without any pressure for time.

When we were finished, she took us to the room next door that handles the mixing process for your perfumes orders. You choose the name for your perfume, the borders for the bottle label and you get a certificate with your name and the name if your perfume. The bottles are $30.00 for a decent size bottle. I think the body cream is $35.00, but not worth it because the jar is tiny.
They also keep your name and name of your perfume & the blend recipe on file so that you can order it by mail if you want to get another bottle.

The tour itself was very short; that only took a few minutes if that. The staff was friendly and made the visit a pleasant one. One of the best parts is that you can reorder your perfume online whenever you like from their website. You don’t have to worry about running out and never being able to get it again.

One thing to note: you definitely need a taxi here, whether it be from a resort or from a cruise ship pier.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Was a very intesting stop as part of our excursion. Nice to see how they produce the fragrances and hear the history of the company

1  Thank Shelby B
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Fortunately, it doesn't cost anything to go to the Perfume Factory other than $1.25 per person for the taxi. There are a few fragrances made there which are not very special, the opportunity to make your own fragrance sounded very appealing, but they did not have many essential fragrances to combine. I lost 30 minutes of my life I will never get back.

1  Thank Tarnwood
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Hello..we decided to take a small tour of Freeport because otherwise there really isn't anything going on in this area... My goal on the tour was to visit the perfume factory...we arrived at this very pretty building.. Walked in and the lady quickly greeted us and started to talk about the perfumes.. She took us back into a little lab type room where the test tube fragrances were being blended..photos are permitted... There was no offer for us to make our own perfume...but she gave us each a sample and we went to the smallparlor area where we started. ..this Is where you purchase the perfume.. We did buy a bottle 3.4 oz for 20.00 ..,.Bahama Mama...coconut pineapple smell...very nice...unfortunately the smell does not last...but I am happy I bought it. ..when I spray it. ....the aroma takes me back to our little vacation to the islands... Yes..... Go there if you get a chance...men's colognes are very nice also.....

1  Thank Phylly M