“Laid back diving”
Review of Xanadu Undersea Adventures - CLOSED

Xanadu Undersea Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: This company offers a full service dive operation where you can swim with sharks.
Reviewed 7 July 2007

Sometimes the Xanadu guys are so laid back you get a little nervous. Overall, we had a good diving experience with them. We rented BCD, regulator and wetsuits. They had great equipment and all gear was in good condition. The dive sites were nice and the boat was well kept (except our battery died the last dive and Marius had to swim to shore!). Marius, Keeno and Ray helped us out and seemed to work well together. Keeno was our dive guide and was just fabulous. Not a lot of debriefing about fish, but they do know the dive sites quite well. You set up your own gear, but Keeno will double-check everything in case it's been a while. We recommend the following dives: Angel's camp, Pigmy Reef and Theo's wreck.

Look out for the outrageous surcharge for the Shark Feeding dive!

3  Thank RSTravel

Reviewed 10 April 2007

I took the Discover Scuba class with my daughter and a friend
It was FANTASTIC !!!
You start with a video review & then they match up your size equipment:
( Diving is not only for small people .....I am a bit overweight and they never acted like I couldnt do it. )

My instructor (Marius) was a goodlooking guy ( added bonus :)

We started in the pool where I learned how to breath without freaking out. he took the time to teach & I never felt rushed to learn.
Once you get the hang of it in the pool : off to the ocean !!!
Underwater was great . I felt safe with him as our instructor and felt like he would not let any harm come to us.
My interest in diving is good now: I want to learn & improve.
Fantastic Full Service shop ..........Which I highly recommend !!

2  Thank perkytd
Reviewed 2 July 2005

Dived with Xanadu June 2005. Very happy with the dives, the crew, and the service. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, and took very good care of us. We are fairly low time divers with some experience. The diving was good, with visibilities around 60' and water temps in the 80's. The rental gear was in very good shape and we had no technical problems at all with it. The staff (esp. Ray) went out of their way to see that we were comfortable and enjoyed our experience. The dive sites were nice, and we saw a number of Carribean Reef Sharks, barracuda, sting rays, octopus, grouper, and innumerable reef fish of all colors and sizes. The "Theo's Wreck" dive is exceptional at 105'. I especially appreicated that the dive masters took thier time underwater and kept everyone from getting overexerted. Getting back on the dive boat was the only difficulty, in 3-4' seas on the open ocean, but the boats have good ladders and it just takes patience. We can't really reccomend the hotel, but the Dive Shop was great, and the highlight of the visit.

2  Thank Fxgovers
A TripAdvisor Member
cincinnati, ohio
Reviewed 24 July 2004

january 2004. stayed at the xanadu hotel and dove exclusively with xanadu divers. absolutely the most accomodating dive shop i have yet to visit. the dives were fantastic and the staff and crew are extremely professional. my dive partner completed his open water certification via a referral and totally enjoyed the experience. hope to visit them again this year.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
The Hauge, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 May 2004

Sadly I never got to dive with the shop due to the weather but everytime I went there they were very frindly and let us snokle of their boats in the cannals...

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member