Pelican Bay at Lucaya
US$143
US$224
US$210
1,023 results
All reviewssabor restauranttaino beachfree ferrywater taxiseparate bedroomacross the streetnespresso machineevery morningupgraded to a suitequiet poolregular roomoverlooking the marinagrand bahamavacation expressswim up barflying fishyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Pelican Bay is a lovely, stylish hotel in Freeport. As soon as you walk into Reception you feel relaxed. With small pools dotted around the complex and a river taxi that takes you to a private hotel beach area - it is a great stopover for a few days. Sabor restaurant at the hotel is gorgeous - boutique style eating outdoors with fabulous food.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Justdo
PelicanResort, Operations Manager at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Dear Justdo,

Thanks very much for taking time to provide a positive feedback on your stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

The pelican bay is classy and upscale. The rooms are nice. The ferry to raiding beach is a drawback because it only comes once an hour. Would be much better if it ran continuously. Be careful of the shower! The floor is very slippery and the hot water is SCALDING hot. Hotel breakfast buffet has excellent but expensive food.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank lisacarling

Dear Lisacarling,

Thanks for your feedback. We will take special note to the hot water and slippery tub. In order prevent a future guest from experiencing the same problem, could you kindly advise which room you were in.

We certainly apologize for any inconvenience caused and look forward to seeing you on a future visit to Grand Bahama Island.

Kindly contact me at della.bridgewater@pelicanbayhotel.com.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

I stayed at Pelican Bay Resort from 8/11 thru 8/15. It was great! I booked this thru Expedia (this is the third time that I've used them) and once again everything went smoothly -- the flight, hotel reservations and tours booked -- it all went without a hitch! Good job Expedia!

Okay, back to the hotel...I arrived early (around 12:30) and my room was ready--I was so thankful! After a long flight, I was glad to change and start my vacation. The girl at the desk, Thomasina, was pleasant, helpful and even gave me vouchers for a couple of Bahama Mamas!!! Thanks a lot Thomasina; they were much needed!

The room was large, clean, a little dated (small 19-in tube TV); but I did not mind--I was not in the Bahamas to look at TV. The beds were a little firm for me; but I slept okay! There was nice balcony overlooking the channel --boats came back and forth all day. The view was beautiful.

Everyone I met, and I mean all the staff, were extremely friendly, pleasant, always greeted me with a smile and really made me feel welcome. This alone impressed me - they made me feel like they were happy to have me there! It was great. They had all types of activities going on every day; I was there from Thurs thru Sunday--bands on Fri and Sat; and a pool party on Sunday. I had breakfast included in my vacation package--it was buffet and included the usual hot items, as well fruits and a variety of deli meats and cheese. it was delicious!

I really had a great time at Pelican Bay. I'm already planning my return for some time next year. Keep up the good work everyone at PB; it is truly refreshing to get great customer service.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank sclark521
PelicanResort, Operations Manager, at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Dear Sclark521,

I enjoyed your review so much that I had to read it twice. We are so elated that you received a super dose of happiness from the staff of the hotel. It is certainly our aim to provide this experience to all of our guests.

Thanks for giving such an honest opinion of our waterside rooms, we continue to make improvements where necessary.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to seeing you on a return visit to Grand Bahama Island.

Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed at Pelican Bay for a week of fishing. The staff were excellent, bending over backwards to support and schedule our non fishing activities. I found the rooms clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was great and the pools and grounds were clean and well cared for. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank qmilton

Dear Qmilton,

Thanks for taking time to provide a brief positive feedback of your recent stay with us. Hope you caught a lot of fish. We look forward to your return visit to Grand Bahama Island.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at pelican bay 07/26/2011 to 08/01/2011. We had a wonderful vacation and cannot say enough about beautiful bahamas and pelican bay...
We stayed in a 4th floor stateroom. The room was gorgeous and huge. We had a stunning view of the harbor which we loved! The room was decorated in a very tropical style and was always clean.
Upon our arrival, we were told that our room would be ready in a hour. This was fine with us and we were going to walk around and explore....that is when we were greeted with Stanley! He was a wonderful man who took us for a hour ride in his golf cart and showed us around the area. He made us feel safe and comfortable and we really appreciated the extra attention he gave us. His small gesture meant alot and he is a huge asset to pelican bay. The breakfast was worth the extra money...it made the start of the day easy and we could have a nice meal to start off the day. It was the same daily but that was fine. It was well worth the extra money!
The whole hotel was beautiful and was actually more than we expected. We were thrilled with our choice and would highly recommend it. The staff was exceptional. Everyone was kind and helpful. We were having a hard time deciding on which excursions to take and kept changing our mind. Karen was so patient and truly went the extra mile for us to make sure we were not disappointed. Regina also was extremely helpful and went out of her way to assist us.
My birthday was on the 30th and they had balloons and streamers in my room as a birthday surprise!
We did a ton of excursions and saw alot of the island. really worth it! The beaches are the most beautiful i have ever seen.
If you are on the fence..trust me it is a beautiful island and pelican bay was a first rate hotel. no complaints at all!!!
also, i tend to be a room "snob". i LOVED the room!
We would go back tomorrow if we could!

Room Tip: ask for a 4th floor state room.....best views!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Daricealdrich,

I really enjoyed reading your review and awfully sad that I didn't have an opportunity to wish you a happy birthday so I am saying it now, Happy belated Birthday! I am elated that you and your husband had a wonderful time during your visit with us.

Karen, Regina and Stanley will all be happy to know that they contributed to a wonderful experience. We truly appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to seeing you both on a return trip to Grand Bahama.