While I was in Freeport on business, my companies travel agency suggested another hotel, which they claimed was rated higher and less expensive. However, my wife had read the other hotels TripAdvisor ratings and insisted that we change to the Pelican Bay. The other option was no where near the beach and shopping. I am seriously glad that she did. The Pelican Bay was FAR NICER and only $5.00/night more expensive.
1. Location, Location, Location. You are not more than 1/4 mile from the beach.
2. The Sabor. Awesome food on-site.
3. UNEXSO, is next door.
4. Did I mention location. You are right next to the Lucayan Market. Awesome shopping opportunities.
5. Waterview room, was perfect and gave us a quiet stay.
1. The bed. They are well worn and need to be replaced.
2. Elevator was out of order for most of our visit, which was a slight issue.
3. The rooms need to be updated. The furniture is a little old and needs to be replaced, however the location made up for these deficencies. The TV's also need to be replaced, but we weren't there to watch TV.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Grand Bahama Island's most hospitable hotel, the Pelican Bay is a joyful mix of colorful Bahamian architecture and the finest guest service in the Caribbean. Unique waterside rooms and waterside state rooms enfold you in comfort, while offering special guest touches. Renowned standards of hospitality and attention to guest happiness assure you of a memorable stay in the Bahamas.Part of the Pelican Bay experience is located within steps of your room. In addition to our waterfront Sabor Restaurant and Bar, more than 30 restaurants, bars, shops, live entertainment, the Dolphin Experience, scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing trips are a short stroll away.Immediately across the street are two miles of white sand beach, a full service spa, four "Grand Slam" surface tennis courts and a casino. All this is the happy Pelican Bay experience, one you will remember with fondness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pelican Bay at Lucaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Hotel Freeport
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Freeport
- Pelican Bay Lucaya
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island